~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• newbeginning_2
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the newbies!!
  • trinity_enigma
    Options
    Got my very first order last night!!!! (admittedly from MIL- but never mind) thats £20 so far.

Have ordered me a stamp from Vistaprint for putting my details on the order forms. I was planning on popping a slip in the bag with a little introduction and thought I would put when I was picking up the brochure and when I would be ordering on that instead of filling out the details of the order form, so then if an order isn't made I could reuse the form when the dates are different- would that be ok or do you think I should really fill out the form??

Also bought some ziplock bags from the shop but didn't look at them that closely and when I got the home found that one side has white boxes to write contents and date on them (obv meant for use in a freezer) do you think anyone will think this will look bad? Will obv have the front of the brochure facing the completely clear side, but don't want people to be put off on my first ever go....

Sorry to be a pest! Thanks in advance.
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Options
    I used freezer bags until I bought some "proper" ones - no-one said anything about them.

Putting the dates on a separate piece of paper is a good idea. The order form is cluttered with small text and even if you highlight the collection and del dates I think you can make it much clearer using your own note.

I used to mention delivery dates when the books went out, but found people weren't remembering them, or were confusing the collection and delivery dates. And I did (and still do) a separate paper note or e-mail a couple of days before delivery confirming when I'll be calling and how much their order is - that way they have something in the house to remind them and don't need to take note of the date before handing over their book.

Someone on Connects posts order confirmation slips as she collects books in. So if she spots an order she takes out the note and posts it to save doing an extra trip out. Knowing my customers you'd always get home to find the odd order hidden in a book and having to go out again anyway. In some weathers you just want to get the books and get home, but it's something to consider.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    I have a slip that I put in with all my books, showing date I will pick up book & date order will be delivered - along wiht my contact details. That way I can reuse my order forms if not needed. (Also, can get my daughter to do my books for me, as she's not too neat with the writing yet!!!).

I check all my books when I pick them up (generally quite obvious as order form sticks out of book), then I pop the slip back through the door with a handwritten note to say thanks. That way, they've got all the dates & my contact details.

Works well for me. I print them on a 'fast draft' setting on printer to use less ink.

Also used freezer bags till I got my Avon ones - I do think the Avon ones are far better though, last much longer & are cheaper.

I also swear by the pink 'calling cards'. Use them to get catalogues back, not many people here during day by me, so easy to pop through.

Good luck
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • missminx
    Options
    Not Avon related, but thought it would give you all a smile on a wet and miserable Saturday evening!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM&feature=player_embedded

Cheap flights??!! :D :T
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
  • trinity_enigma
    trinity_enigma Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2011 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Told you I'd ask lots of questions.

Just been out to deliver my first campaign and there were a couple of we do not buy from doorstep sellers stickers. I didnt really know what to do so I dropped one through the letterbox but am now wondering whethe I shouldn't have. I'm not really doorstop selling as there's none of te now or never pressure selling and their left they're left to browse in their own time. But am now wondering if I might have p'ed them off and am a bit scared of knocking on their door if they don't leave the brochure out.
  • missminx
    Options
    Told you I'd ask lots of questions.

Just been out to deliver my first campaign and there were a couple of we do not buy from doorstep sellers stickers. I didnt really know what to do so I dropped one through the letterbox but am now wondering whethe I shouldn't have. I'm not really doorstop selling as there's none of te now or never pressure selling and their left they're left to browse in their own time. But am now wondering if I might have p'ed them off and am a bit scared of knocking on their door if they don't leave the brochure out.

Just pop a note through if they don't leave it out and explain you were unsure so thought you would leave them a book on this occasion (and may be put a tick list underneath for yes / occasionally / never and a space for the house number and street name. Up to them then?? )
  • trinity_enigma
    Options
    Well there was a note in their for them to tick to say if they didn't want it again so hopefully that will be enough
  • Money_maker
    Options
    lozza1985 wrote: »
    I’ve only just found out, that in order to qualify to receive customer leads from Avon (where a customer has gone onto Avon Connects, and registered their interest in receiving a brochure from a Representative), you need to:

Be registered ordering online
    Place a minimum of 2 orders in the last 3 campaigns
    Have a Sales Activity of £500 or more in the last 3 campaigns (£500 across 3 campaigns, not £500 in each campaign!)
    Have a Length of Service of 5 or greater
    Opted in to receive Customer Leads
    Have no debt with Avon
    Have accessed Avon Connects within the last 7 days
    [FONT=&quot]The last point, which I have highlighted, is what I had no idea about! Neither I nor my partner log into Connects that often, but I’ll be making sure we do now! It is important that every week, you go onto connects (Just log into the Avon website as usual, then on the right hand side, click on “community”, this will take you onto connects.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You don’t need to be doing anything on Connects, so long as you click onto it, wait for the screen to load up, then it will mean you can qualify for customer leads. [/FONT]

For the sake of everyone (and newbies) thought I'd just bump Lozzas post. Checked my status and it said I didn't qualify for customer leads, onto connect for a few minutes then rechecked and I'm now good to go.

Just in case this helps anyone.

Sorry but I bumped the old thread by mistake!
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • missminx
    Options
    Am totally losing my mojo as a tsl. Have had nothing but bad luck with it. 2 refused reps, another one has quit this morning that signed on friday :( Starting to question the validity of it versus all the costs. How have you all got on with sl'ship? Is it really worth it, or do you need to put too much in versus what you get back? Am not someone who wants to be out prospecting all the time, I want to fit it around family life. Maybe that's the problem. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback