~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 8) ~ Please read first post :)

Options

Comments

• slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i was waiting a week for redelivery of a box due to something leaking - not as much as an appology, even though i was told it would be here by 3 days after normal delivery day. I am sure i have lost a couple of customers trust from this even though they realise i cant do anything about it - i guess its more lost trust of Avon than me but very annoying as this is the 3rd time something has leaked - perhaps their packing needs to be improved
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    slm6002 wrote: »
    i was waiting a week for redelivery of a box due to something leaking - not as much as an appology, even though i was told it would be here by 3 days after normal delivery day. I am sure i have lost a couple of customers trust from this even though they realise i cant do anything about it - i guess its more lost trust of Avon than me but very annoying as this is the 3rd time something has leaked - perhaps their packing needs to be improved

Well I've writen a strongly worded complaint letter so I'll keep you guys updated!
  • trinity_enigma
    Options
    Well went and collected my first ever lot of brochures dropped 37 (other three with friends). Very few people left them out and had to knock on a couple of doors and managed to get 17 back and left a couple with people who asked for few more days. Managed to get about £60 worth of orders which I didn't think was too bad for a first attempt! Quite a few people said they didn't fancy anything this time but to drop again so that's ok.

How long do you guys leave them for? I dropped on sun afternoon and picked them up tonight but am now thinking maybe I should've given them an extra day- it's quite a learning curve!
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - sorry if this has already been answered but my order needs submitting tonight so I don't have time to check back.

What do I do in this situation, all from C15:

Customer 1 orders 21832 (foot souffle) and 24406 (foot cream) on the 2 for £5 offer, the foot souffle is £4.60, the foot cream is £5.
    Customer 2 orders 09100 (lavender intensive foot cream) for £3.75, part of the 2 for £5 offer but not taking advantage of it.

The order form online is obviously giving me the cheapest free, and charging me the full £5 for the foot cream meaning I'm losing money.

How do I get round this? Or should I just order another product from the 2 for £5 offer at the discounted rate and keep it for future use?

Thanks all xx
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not totally sure but you could always order something else in the deal and send it back next campaign so you don't have to pay for it?
  • denise38
    Options
    I am PC so I would leave it as it was and get them to manually apply a credit for the difference. If yoy are not PC and have access to British helpline I would order another item then send it back next time.
    I have never met a calorie yet I didn't like!!
  • joyfull
    joyfull Posts: 861 Forumite
    Options
    Well went and collected my first ever lot of brochures dropped 37 (other three with friends). Very few people left them out and had to knock on a couple of doors and managed to get 17 back and left a couple with people who asked for few more days. Managed to get about £60 worth of orders which I didn't think was too bad for a first attempt! Quite a few people said they didn't fancy anything this time but to drop again so that's ok.

How long do you guys leave them for? I dropped on sun afternoon and picked them up tonight but am now thinking maybe I should've given them an extra day- it's quite a learning curve!

I've always dropped on Mon morning and collected Thurs morning. There will always be customers who need it longer - in fact if you gave them a month they'll still need it longer. Others would find one day quite long enough!
    "Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.”
  • I,_Geek
    I,_Geek Posts: 831 Forumite
    Options
    slm6002 wrote: »
    Had a similar conversation with my SL. When she finally arrived half an hour late she told me i could keep the one road, and the others were up for grabs - only if i want to be a SL myself

Is the person you're talking to a SL? If so, they don't have any control over allocating of streets after you've signed up. SLs can allocate your first lot of streets, but after that you need to speak to the ASM.

If you've been signed up under an ASM (employee of Avon) then they do have ultimate control over street allocation. They can de-allocate, too.

But if you're speaking to a SL this sounds like an empty threat. Do you have your ASM's number? If not people on Connects can find their contact details for you, or a SL on here could and you could speak through PM. Ring the ASM direct and ask for some streets to be allocated to you.

Whoever you've had this conversation with, one street (with I guess no more than 100 houses on it) isn't enough unless you're happy to keep your Avon small-scale. There are PC reps who don't do territory, but they must rely on a car or public transport to get to their other sources of income (fetes, carboots, network customers).

Sometimes you can be given extra streets if you're thinking of becoming a SL (i.e. you've made the decision yourself and not been forced into it) - to give you extra help to get to HOV each time. But to insist you sign up as a SL to get them seems underhand. What would happen if you signed up, got your extra streets, worked them as well as building a team, but then your team collapsed or you genuinely didn't enjoy being a SL? Would they de-allocate the streets? You'd have customers you could rightfully carry on serving. It just comes across as a flawed idea from the upline.

Find out who you've been talking to, and if they're not the ASM, go around them straight to the ASM and see if they can help.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • I,_Geek
    Options

I leave brochures from delivery day (or the day after - doing both was a bit of a palaver) to the day before my order goes in - 13 days. I collect on a Monday, then people have until 7pm the next day to get in touch if they don't return their book or tell me they'd like to keep it.

As Joyfull says, there are always people who haven't had enough time even when you've left the book for ages.

I leave the books for a long time because I like to do one big prep and collection. I figure I may as well have the books out for as long as possible if they're with people who I know are keen. If I'm re-canvassing I leave for 6 days and collect in the middle of the campaign. I used to leave books for around 3 days when canvassing but now I'm leaving them for longer I haven't noticed a difference in lost book numbers.

Some regulars pass the book onto family members or friends so the 13 days gives them plenty of time to do that.

Had to leave books for a shorter length of time this campaign because I'm going away. Some people had a book for 9.5 days, and some for 6 days. I didn't notice a big drop in customer numbers - 30 compared to 32/33 I'm used to.
    I used to have my Avon turnover (sales) here. They've been removed because it's not appropriate to talk about those kinds of sales as if they're realistic for a new Rep to aim for. :( I signed up at the right time, right place, and was very lucky.
  • trinity_enigma
    Options
    I think I will leave them longer next time then. I did it quite short this time as I only had just over a week and wanted to get two lots done but for the next campaign I will have a lot longer so will try out different lengths of time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback