🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Budget energy

Options

Comments

• dsab
    dsab Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, we also received a wrong invoice today from Budget. We got a copy of our last Invoice (October-January). :rotfl:

We tried to call them, but the Account team was of course closed today.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,747 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Last week I received a bill for billing period 4th December to 27th January 2011 .
    If it is going to take that long to get a bill move.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    They arent half messing up. A friend of mine was asked for a deposit too. He told them to stick it and went to Airtricity.
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    I can see the first few hours of the company opening on Tuesday (assume they are closed on Bank Holiday Monday?) being busy in the old accounts department then!

It will be interesting to see if I have increased my credit amount on the up to date bill. Was £12 odd in credit on the Oct-Jan bill, if it has increased I will look at the T&C's to see about altering the DD amount.

Anyone asked them for a DD review as of yet?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • RTNI
    Options
    They arent half messing up. A friend of mine was asked for a deposit too. He told them to stick it and went to Airtricity.

£65 deposit equates to about 440 units of electricity at 14p+VAT for DD customers. The thing that annoys me about it is that they will not return it until a year after you sign up. So in effect they are getting interest on that. I wonder if they got their fingers burnt with DD's coming back as unpaid.

Another point is what happens if you want to leave before you get the £65 back? Do they keep it for the bubbly at the shareholders meeting or do they refund it? Not had a chance to look through the T&C's so it might be mentioned there.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    £65 deposit equates to about 440 units of electricity at 14p+VAT for DD customers. The thing that annoys me about it is that they will not return it until a year after you sign up. So in effect they are getting interest on that. I wonder if they got their fingers burnt with DD's coming back as unpaid.

Another point is what happens if you want to leave before you get the £65 back? Do they keep it for the bubbly at the shareholders meeting or do they refund it? Not had a chance to look through the T&C's so it might be mentioned there.

I thought the was no contract with them?...So how can they do this???
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know how they are going to get new customers now. I'm happy enough as I am on PAYG but I wouldn't have been impressed with paying a deposit or the lack of bills. :eek:
  • RTNI
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    I thought the was no contract with them?...So how can they do this???

Yes good point. I suppose they would refund it when you leave then. :o
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
  • Golden_Anemone
    Golden_Anemone Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks. I too have a bill dated from 24 October to 27th January. I am certain it is wrong though as it includes the units used up to the meter reading I supplied them with on 20th April. I know that was the date I left the card as we went on holiday the following day, 21st April.

The bill had arrived when I got back yesterday and I was quite disappointed as all I could see was -£51.95 DR. However after seeing this thread I checked again and it definitely includes the units used until 20th April but not the DDs for Feb, Mar and April so I should actually be nearly £60 in credit by my calculations.

There is someone at Budget to answer the phone this morning but the billing department is off for the bank holiday and the guy answering the phone can't answer any queries. I'll ring again in the morning.

Agree that the £65 deposit is a step too far. I wouldn't have switched on those terms.

I really miss Airtricity's billing information etc.
  • 2scoops2
    2scoops2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @ Golden Anemone

Look forward to hearing their response.

Seems to me that they have made a bit of an error with the billing period / DD & possibly VAT
    60% of the time, it works every time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family