Budget energy

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Some information for you....

I'm on ESA at the moment that was due to be paid Saturday 14th,didn't happen so I assumed that it was delayed until Monday (today) for the Easter Holidays last week,still not in my bank today.
    I went onto the £1 emergency credit yesterday & at 7am I had 30p left on the emergency.
    So I called up Budget as in the past when this happened,the NIE was able to 'advance' me £5 top up which is paid back next time I top up,although the NIE did it grudgingly..
    The nice chap I spoke to,Carl,said yes,no problem & helped me out immensely...I'm now waiting for the ESA line to open at 9am as some one is going to get full barrels!!!!
    Awe spike sorry to hear about your money.The dole can be so uncaring and disinterested at times and they dont think what its like for people when their money is upset.Hope you get it sorted today.Maybe with them getting back into work after the easter hols they are behind with their claims etc.However thats no excuse for them to keep people waiting, who need their money.A friend of mine told me that they told her its better if you get your money put into your bank account(if you have one)rather than a Giro as its done automatically when its going into the bank.I think there are bank accounts out there that you can open to receive your money. Good luck for today.

So it seems Budget isnt too bad when you run out of lekky.They are clever enough to know that they WILL get their moneys worth.Budget seems to be a great wee company.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Awe spike sorry to hear about your money.The dole can be so uncaring and disinterested at times and they dont think what its like for people when their money is upset.Hope you get it sorted today.Maybe with them getting back into work after the easter hols they are behind with their claims etc.However thats no excuse for them to keep people waiting, who need their money.A friend of mine told me that they told her its better if you get your money put into your bank account(if you have one)rather than a Giro as its done automatically when its going into the bank.I think there are bank accounts out there that you can open to receive your money. Good luck for today.

So it seems Budget isnt too bad when you run out of lekky.They are clever enough to know that they WILL get their moneys worth.Budget seems to be a great wee company.

Thanks Hazel,
    Been told I'm getting paid tommorow..Apparently it was because I got my MLA (MP) got involved on my behalf & got my deductions for crisis loan repayments reduced for me & they had to recalculate....Still could have told him to tell me tho...
  • hazelc56
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Thanks Hazel,
    Been told I'm getting paid tommorow..Apparently it was because I got my MLA (MP) got involved on my behalf & got my deductions for crisis loan repayments reduced for me & they had to recalculate....Still could have told him to tell me tho...
    Like i said spike"uncaring and disinterested" in how people survive. They expect people to read their minds.I am sure a phone call wouldnt have been too much to ask.
    Glad you got it sorted okay and you got a reduction in your crisis loan repayments.
  • damianmcr
    damianmcr Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst I feel for you Spike what alot of people fail to take into account when they accept a crisis loan is that the repayments are clearly laid in front of them and they read this and sign it and they give off when these start and they are too high.

But yeh ESA are a bunch of jokers. Never take what they say at face value. They lie thru there teeth. Ive no idea how they get away with it. Always ask for management if never happy. You were right to get your MP/MLA involved too.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    damianmcr wrote: »
    Whilst I feel for you Spike what alot of people fail to take into account when they accept a crisis loan is that the repayments are clearly laid in front of them and they read this and sign it and they give off when these start and they are too high.

But yeh ESA are a bunch of jokers. Never take what they say at face value. They lie thru there teeth. Ive no idea how they get away with it. Always ask for management if never happy. You were right to get your MP/MLA involved too.
    Its not always that easy when you are in dire need.You take what you get at the time.And besides that the dole dont give you many options and theres too many questions to answer and form filling and confusion.If THEY would get their act together and make stuff clearer to people then there would be less confusion at the time.Its hard enough feeling like you are begging for a loan let alone argue with them to decrease the repayments amount.
    They as you say laugh and smirk and they also make you feel inadequate,not so good if you are any way feeling vulnerable.You just want to get the deed done and get out of the place.Its only when you get home and digest everything that you realise that it may not work out.You cant budget in your head whilst you are there applying for the loan and you only can do that when you get home because you dont know in the first place how much they are going to allow you to apply for.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Five weeks ago today a person came to read our meter but since we were not in we emailed them a meter reading on our return. We still have not received our bill yet. How is everyone else receiving their bill - online/post and how long does it take to receive a bill? :eek:
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Five weeks ago today a person came to read our meter but since we were not in we emailed them a meter reading on our return. We still have not received our bill yet. How is everyone else receiving their bill - online/post and how long does it take to receive a bill? :eek:

Have a look at my posts on this thread, didn't get my bill until the 18th Feb after it was read around the 25th of Jan so about 5 to 6 weeks. I ended up calling them to ask and was assured that it was on the way.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Have a look at my posts on this thread, didn't get my bill until the 18th Feb after it was read around the 25th of Jan so about 5 to 6 weeks. I ended up calling them to ask and was assured that it was on the way.

Can I ask did you receive your bill through the post or via an email?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Can I ask did you receive your bill through the post or via an email?

Post. I opted on sign up for postal items as opposed to email.

As chance would happen, the NIE T&D man called today to get meter reading but we were at work. Will leave the card out tomorrow for him, so I will be able to time the bill arrival time!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Jo4
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Post. I opted on sign up for postal items as opposed to email.

As chance would happen, the NIE T&D man called today to get meter reading but we were at work. Will leave the card out tomorrow for him, so I will be able to time the bill arrival time!

When we signed up to Budget Energy the only option we seen was to receive bills via email. Has anyone received their bills by email yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure