Budget energy

Options

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    I'll email them too. I have one shop local to me that I can top up in. I normally top up on a Monday morning which is well as they close at 6pm.

I think the fact that the Hendersons Spars and garage dont do it speaks volumes. Lets face it you can do just about everything else in those stores.

Its a disgrace that Spike is driving 6 miles for a topup in this day and age. :mad:

Thanks,it kinda makes a mockery of any savings from Budget as I use far more in petrol .....13 mile round trip...
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have received a positive reply from Budget they say they are working with payzone to increase the outlets in NI and they have passed my email on to them they also have said Management is aware off the thread on mse and have made Payzone aware of it also lets hope they take note of the issues we have raised .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    I have received a positive reply from Budget they say they are working with payzone to increase the outlets in NI and they have passed my email on to them they also have said Management is aware off the thread on mse and have made Payzone aware of it also lets hope they take note of the issues we have raised .
    Thats the same thing they said in my email from then cherry...i posted it the other day to you...didnt you see it?
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes Hazel i did i am just letting users know what they said to me
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • spike7451
    Options

But,as I've found out,many shops are moving away from Pay Zone,not to them & besides,not many utilities use them.

Anyway,just off the phone with BE,Totally disinterested & just offered excuses as to top up methods & saying they use the list that was provided to them by Pay Zone & of course I can top up on-line or over the phone...Said he'd log my complaint for me,which I doubt...THEN they said they'd top me up with a fiver,which I thought was some sort of good will gesture but then asked for my debit card details,until I explained,again,I'd drove over to Bangor yesterday to buy top up as I'd have run out of metered credit today...
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    But,as I've found out,many shops are moving away from Pay Zone,not to them & besides,not many utilities use them.

Anyway,just off the phone with BE,Totally disinterested & just offered excuses as to top up methods & saying they use the list that was provided to them by Pay Zone & of course I can top up on-line or over the phone...Said he'd log my complaint for me,which I doubt...THEN they said they'd top me up with a fiver,which I thought was some sort of good will gesture but then asked for my debit card details,until I explained,again,I'd drove over to Bangor yesterday to buy top up as I'd have run out of metered credit today...
    Spike when they topped you up a fiver ,was that by phone?If so then if they would be willing to do that for us that would go some way to helping dont you think?
    We wouldnt have to worry about not having a tenner in the bank if you know what i mean as thats the crux of the problem here......having to lift tenners out to pay for items under the amount.
    I find this problem with a lot of shops..They wont allow you to spend less than a fiver using your debit card so you either have to spend the £5 or lift a tenner out of the bank which then causes problems in other areas like if you have direct debits set up etc.

If the damned banks would allow us to draw out a fiver then that would save a hell of a lot of problems for a lot of people.It would solve the whole problem.

Another inconvenience is that the shops wont allow you to pay for your electricity using your debit card so once again you are forced to draw out a tenner if you only want to buy £5 worth of electricity.
    But your complaint to them will help to add to the complaints they already have received regarding the lack of Payzone outlets.It will likely take some time to get any satisfactory conclusion but at least they have it logged for the moment.
    As far as i can make out its Payzone that has the final decision as to where these outlets are placed so the word has to filter through to them.
  • spike7451
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Spike when they topped you up a fiver ,was that by phone?If so then if they would be willing to do that for us that would go some way to helping dont you think?
    We wouldnt have to worry about not having a tenner in the bank if you know what i mean as thats the crux of the problem here......having to lift tenners out to pay for items under the amount.
    I find this problem with a lot of shops..They wont allow you to spend less than a fiver using your debit card so you either have to spend the £5 or lift a tenner out of the bank which then causes problems in other areas like if you have direct debits set up etc.

If the damned banks would allow us to draw out a fiver then that would save a hell of a lot of problems for a lot of people.It would solve the whole problem.

Another inconvenience is that the shops wont allow you to pay for your electricity using your debit card so once again you are forced to draw out a tenner if you only want to buy £5 worth of electricity.
    But your complaint to them will help to add to the complaints they already have received regarding the lack of Payzone outlets.It will likely take some time to get any satisfactory conclusion but at least they have it logged for the moment.
    As far as i can make out its Payzone that has the final decision as to where these outlets are placed so the word has to filter through to them.

They offered to top up a fiver for me which I thought was sort of compensation for the issues I had,it was only when he asked for my visa details I realized that it wasn't,the fact I'd had to drive over to Bangor on Sunday & had topped up then,was completely missed by them.
  • missblondie
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    The meter reader came on Wednesday this week, 21st March, when we were away celebrating my birthday so I got the card to state they were here to read the meter when we came home on Thursday, 22nd March. When should we expect to receive our bill and will it be posted or emailed?

An Airtricity representative called at my parent's house and said that it was a millionaire who owned Budget Energy and when he had enough customers he was going to sell them on. Has anyone else heard anything of this?

Having had the great misfortune of working for this company I can confirm Jo that it is a millionaire and his wife that own the business, and they will do what they have done in the past which is start a business and sell on.. They do not care about their staff so I cannot see them caring about the customers.

In relation to the payzone issue, payzone was much cheaper to set up to take electricity payments and the owner is acquaintances with the payzone owner.

Also, the company have said they will donate 5000pounds to the foyle hospice when they reach 5000 customers, i can also confirm they achieved this milestone around xmas and have still not paid up!!

Miss Blondiee :)
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    The bottom line for me is Budget is the cheapest electricity provider in N.I.

So I will stay with them as long as this remains the case :)
  • spike7451
    Options
    Some information for you....

I'm on ESA at the moment that was due to be paid Saturday 14th,didn't happen so I assumed that it was delayed until Monday (today) for the Easter Holidays last week,still not in my bank today.
    I went onto the £1 emergency credit yesterday & at 7am I had 30p left on the emergency.
    So I called up Budget as in the past when this happened,the NIE was able to 'advance' me £5 top up which is paid back next time I top up,although the NIE did it grudgingly..
    The nice chap I spoke to,Carl,said yes,no problem & helped me out immensely...I'm now waiting for the ESA line to open at 9am as some one is going to get full barrels!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure