Budget energy

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Hey spike,I know, its rather inconvenient to us when theres not enough in the bank to top up online or phone at times.I was thinking that perhaps a few of us should get on to budget to complain to them about the lack of payment facilities etc.They should have realised in the first place that paypoint is more common than payzone.
    Oh spike i just realised you had already sent an email to them...I shall do the same.They need a little pressure put on them.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The meter reader came on Wednesday this week, 21st March, when we were away celebrating my birthday so I got the card to state they were here to read the meter when we came home on Thursday, 22nd March. When should we expect to receive our bill and will it be posted or emailed?

An Airtricity representative called at my parent's house and said that it was a millionaire who owned Budget Energy and when he had enough customers he was going to sell them on. Has anyone else heard anything of this?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    The meter reader came on Wednesday this week, 21st March, when we were away celebrating my birthday so I got the card to state they were here to read the meter when we came home on Thursday, 22nd March. When should we expect to receive our bill and will it be posted or emailed?

An Airtricity representative called at my parent's house and said that it was a millionaire who owned Budget Energy and when he had enough customers he was going to sell them on. Has anyone else heard anything of this?

If you look back in the thread my bill came about 3 to 4 weeks after meter reading (maybe a bit more). It did come though but was much slower than NIE/Power NI.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Hey spike,I know, its rather inconvenient to us when theres not enough in the bank to top up online or phone at times.I was thinking that perhaps a few of us should get on to budget to complain to them about the lack of payment facilities etc.They should have realised in the first place that paypoint is more common than payzone.

I think thats a great idea why not start one of them online petitions we could sign and send to them i agree the options for topping up is poor one of my shops to top up is 1 mile away the other closes at 5 i dont have a debit card either to do it online
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • hazelc56
    Options
    I think thats a great idea why not start one of them online petitions we could sign and send to them i agree the options for topping up is poor one of my shops to top up is 1 mile away the other closes at 5 i dont have a debit card either to do it online
    Oh dear cherry,that isnt convenient at all for you.
    I have sent them an email but it will likely take more than mine and spikes to make a difference.
    I actually mentioned in my email to them about the distance some people may have to walk especially elderly people or in bad weather conditions.
    Thats a great idea about the petition but i have no idea how to go about starting one.
    In the meantime i will wait until i hear from budget,but if i think they are not going to do something about it for their customers then maybe a petition is the only way.
    If you know how to create one then i will gladly sign it and im sure there will be plenty of people willing to do so as well.
    Budget Energy is a young company so i suppose they have lessons to learn and are still trying to get it right for us all.I hope so.
    Will let you know when or if the reply to me.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Hi Hazel,

Sorry I missed this post,Budget use Payzone to top up & they don't work with other methods like Pay Point or Post Office.According to Budgets website,my local newsagent was Payzone but they switched when they became a sub post office as well,which was well over 2 years ago.
    At the moment the is no where in my town I can top up,so it's either by phone or online,which isn't much use if I've only got £9.99 in my account..:mad:

I fired off the E-Mail below;

And got this reply;
    Not what i would call a decent reply from them spike.If they start ignoring their customer's needs then i can see a lot of them switching to AIRTRICITY or back to Powerni.I hope they take this situation seriously.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Spike and Cherryscone Here is the reply i got today from them.

Hi Hazel,

Thank you for your email…

I can confirm that Budget Energy works closely with PayZone in an attempt to increase the number of outlets throughout Northern Ireland.

We have forwarded your email to PayZone directly to highlight the need for more outlets in your town, and we are hopeful that they will take notice and help us improve the situation for you (and other customers in your area).

Unfortunately Budget Energy do not currently use the Pay Point system, but if this situation changes, we will let all our customers know immediately.

If you need anything further in the meantime, let me know and I will be happy to assist…

Thanks & kind regards,

Andy Porter

Budget Energy
    Energy House
    30-32 Ballinska Road, Springtown Industrial Estate, Derry, Northern Ireland, BT48 0LY.

Switchboard: +44 (0) 28 7126 4444 | Fax: ++44 (0) 28 7127 5099
    Email: [EMAIL="andy.porter@budgetenergy.co.uk"]andy.porter@budgetenergy.co.uk[/EMAIL] | Website: www.budgetenergy.co.uk

• hazelc56
    Options
    Dear Mr Porter
    Thank you very much for your speedy reply to my email.
    I am glad to learn that Budget Energy is working with Payzone to attempt to increase the outlets.Not only will this help customers but also help to keep those you already have.
    I have posted your email on to the "moneysavingexpert" forum board under the "Budget Energy" Thread, as myself and some others have had the same concern and no doubt as time progresses there will be others with the same difficulties.
    They live in other parts of Northern Ireland and not Larne and i am sure they will also be glad to hear the news that Budget Energy is trying to rectify the problem for us all.
    Thank you once again.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    I have a Budget Top Up card and a Firmus Gas one. I find that I have to do go to 2 different retailers in order to get them topped up. Bit of a nuisance to be honest, although in fairness both retailers are closeby. I know that I could do the Budget one online but I do actually prefer paying for electric and gas with cash on a weekly basis.
    Ex-Spendaholic Please see my latest posts regarding this.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lets hope they do increase their payzones Hazel and its not just a fob off letter i really hope they come on here and read this thread as well a few of my friends are thinking off switching as well and i know airtricty has been door to door in north antrim so budet would need to keep their customers happy .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure