PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• EdwardS033
    EdwardS033 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Contessa wrote: »
    Oops I think they got the descriptions of the photos a bit wrong on this one

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24525047.html

Doesn't anyone proof read?

I always wondered why the EA's usually just put "Picture 1", "Picture 2" etc rather than say what the picture shows. Now I know why-it's safer that way![/QUOTE]

Picture 12 'Lots Of Space' has to be the smallest lounge ever.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Is pic 11 even in the same house? Totally different to all the other rooms!

"The family bathroom has been modernised".
  • Eviesmummy
    Eviesmummy Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45771869.html

Behold for some 'wonderful' decor!

Pic 2 - 3 designs that don't work at all individually - even worse, together!

Pic 3 why do potential buyers want a close up of some horrid wallpaper of which 100% certain will be stripped off by the buyer?

Pics 5-7, the flooring makes me feel sick and dizzy.

When we bought our house it looked like this. Ours was built in the mid 60's, and the owners of the then new-build had the best wallpaper, carpets, bathroom & kitchen units that money could buy put in, in the late 60's.

We came along in 1990, and bought the house off them. The lounge carpet which they left was just all greeny/browny-one colour, we got it cleaned and it did us for another 8 years, whilst we renovated everywhere else.
    When we eventually changed it, we were pulling it up whilst the carpet fitter friend was here-he said he'd never seen quality like it in his life!
    :j
  • EdwardS033
    EdwardS033 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Great sales line

Rover car included in the sale! (G reg 213SX).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43832401.html
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Options
    Eviesmummy wrote: »

Is it washing up? I think they just store the pans & baking tins on the worktops.
    Looks like the owners are elderly, and maybe it's hard for them to bend and get into the cupboards?

Or the storage isn't being utilised in the best way, the bathroom has lots of storage space, but there is loads of stuff out.

I think it's easier for someone to get the items if they are on display if they mobility issues.
    :j
  • Eviesmummy
    Eviesmummy Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    toozie wrote: »
    Is it washing up? I think they just store the pans & baking tins on the worktops.
    Looks like the owners are elderly, and maybe it's hard for them to bend and get into the cupboards?

Or the storage isn't being utilised in the best way, the bathroom has lots of storage space, but there is loads of stuff out.

I think it's easier for someone to get the items if they are on display if they mobility issues.

Oh maybe, I didn't think of that.
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EdwardS033 wrote: »
    Great sales line

Rover car included in the sale! (G reg 213SX).

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43832401.html

nice spot!
    "evidence of electricity supply" - wonder if there is a separate electricity meter or will the original house foot the bill whilst you are busily restoring the car in your newly purchased garage
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    toozie wrote: »

All of which is true, but if you were taking photos to put the house up for sale, you would try to make it look as tidy (hence spacious) as possible wouldn't you?
    This is the sort of thing estate agents SHOULD do - advise on the presentation of the property, help produce good photographs/ brochures etc.

All they do now is stick anything at all on the website, bang a board outside, and take a fee IF it sells
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    nice spot!
    "evidence of electricity supply" - wonder if there is a separate electricity meter or will the original house foot the bill whilst you are busily restoring the car in your newly purchased garage

It does happen. When I sold my last house, I got the new owners to agree to supply water and electric to a greenhouse on land I retained. They knew me before the purchase.

At first their solicitors baulked, but when I insisted, instead of time limiting this, they just caved-in, or forgot, so I had free water and electric..... indefinitely.

Being a decent sort, I removed the water pipes and the electric wires before selling the land, and all I used the leccy for was a hedge-trimmer. Honest! :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport