PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• fawd1
    fawd1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options

And for the same price just down the road, you have this
    http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32736211?more_details_carousel=1_carousel=1

Do you think the vendors of house 1 are maybe clutching at straws with that price?
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wonder how the neighbours feel about this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45460874.html

Looks a bit ramshackle on the outside to me :eek:

It hasn't any immediate neighbours, unless you count the herd of cows on the aerial view. :)

It was probably always closeboarded on the outside, so I expect its appearance hasn't changed that much.
  • winspiration
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    It hasn't any immediate neighbours, unless you count the herd of cows on the aerial view. :)

It was probably always closeboarded on the outside, so I expect its appearance hasn't changed that much.

I was thinking more about the loss of their former village hall - although I appreciate that happened some time ago.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was thinking more about the loss of their former village hall - although I appreciate that happened some time ago.

If they lost it, it was because they let it go, which can happen if the demographic of a village changes.

Schools, pubs and POs have gone in many places, including my village. The Village Hall would be a loss too far, though finding £25k to sort out the roof isn't easy.

There was never much parking on that site, so perhaps the locals decided to support another one nearby, rather than attempt to keep several halls going.
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What's with the curtains covering up shelves in pic 13?

I thought it very odd at first and then only odd when I realised it was the area around what would be for the head of a bed.
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

We have an army cadet hut near us that look exactly like that!
    It is neat outside though isn't it?
    :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Why are the 'patio' doors garage doors from the 1950s?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45771869.html

Behold for some 'wonderful' decor!

Pic 2 - 3 designs that don't work at all individually - even worse, together!

Pic 3 why do potential buyers want a close up of some horrid wallpaper of which 100% certain will be stripped off by the buyer?

Pics 5-7, the flooring makes me feel sick and dizzy.
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ewww...that's very 70's, isn't it? (Although I do quite like the flooring!)

Not quite so enchanted with the aqua coloured toilet though. And why the picture of the handrail on the beach (pic 18)?
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45771869.html

Behold for some 'wonderful' decor!

Pic 2 - 3 designs that don't work at all individually - even worse, together!

Pic 3 why do potential buyers want a close up of some horrid wallpaper of which 100% certain will be stripped off by the buyer?

Pics 5-7, the flooring makes me feel sick and dizzy.

Is pic 11 even in the same house? Totally different to all the other rooms!
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family