Re. DWP Online Test For AO

Options

Comments

• SilverCloud_2
    Options
    crapbag100 wrote: »
    I rang up today and they told me that the pensions dept have yet to decide on who is successful, so there is a delay... meaning that it wont be decided until next week. He just said keep checking my feedback on the site as it will be next week but could'nt tell what day next week. latest...is friday. I'm kinda sick of this, because that would make it 3 weeks, even tho I was told 2, and I need to give 2 weeks notice IF I was to get the job, so I'm cutting it fine. To make matters worse...I've been offered the job at WHSmiths and they want to know ASAP if I accept. Should I accept, then "drop em like its hot" or just say no? Arggggggghhhh

Thats frustrating, where did you apply for?

If i were you id just make a judgment based on the info i know. ie where did you apply for, how many places were on offer and how many were interviewed, and whats your score? This should give you some indication of the probability whether or not youll get the job. Also if salary in WHSmith is same as DWP just accept it.

I know i havnt got the DWP job cos i can just tell from my scores, but im not that bothered because thats my first ever job interview in my life.
  • heathertheblether
    Options
    I rang up today and they told me that the pensions dept have yet to decide on who is successful, so there is a delay... meaning that it wont be decided until next week. He just said keep checking my feedback on the site as it will be next week but could'nt tell what day next week. latest...is friday. I'm kinda sick of this, because that would make it 3 weeks, even tho I was told 2, and I need to give 2 weeks notice IF I was to get the job, so I'm cutting it fine. To make matters worse...I've been offered the job at WHSmiths and they want to know ASAP if I accept. Should I accept, then "drop em like its hot" or just say no? Arggggggghhhh

Well done for getting the job at Smiths!!! It's a tricky one, isn't it? How typical to be hanging around to hear about the job you REALLY want and in the meantime being offered something else! I think, if it were me, circumstances would force me to go down the "drop em like its hot" road. I would feel awful doing it, though. Still, you have to cover yourself in the unlikely event that the DWP doesn't work out.
  • redsky1977
    redsky1977 Posts: 227 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2011 at 8:24PM
    Options

Major congratulations for getting the WHSmith job! :T
    Based on my previous experience with DWP I know they always are always delayed when it comes to making decisions re job offers.
    I think it's highly unlikely that the DWP jobs will start end September as stated on job ad.
    I would probably accept the WHSmith job and wait to hear from DWP. It's unfortunate that you may have to 'drop em like it's hot' but usually there is some kind of probation period anyway.
  • crapbag100
    Options
    Well done for getting the job at Smiths!!! It's a tricky one, isn't it? How typical to be hanging around to hear about the job you REALLY want and in the meantime being offered something else! I think, if it were me, circumstances would force me to go down the "drop em like its hot" road. I would feel awful doing it, though. Still, you have to cover yourself in the unlikely event that the DWP doesn't work out.

Thank you! I think I've made my mind up as to what I'm gonna do, and thats to take the job and ditch em if I'm successful.:A
  • crapbag100
    Options
    redsky1977 wrote: »
    Major congratulations for getting the WHSmith job! :T
    Based on my previous experience with DWP I know they always are always delayed when it comes to making decisions re job offers.
    I think it's highly unlikely that the DWP jobs will start end September as stated on job ad.
    I would probably accept the WHSmith job and wait to hear from DWP. It's unfortunate that you may have to 'drop em like it's hot' but usually there is some kind of probation period anyway.

Thanks,
    At least it puts my mind at ease to know that its common practice for them to take their time and I suppose no news is good news :).

What dept did you work in, if you dont mind me asking? and did you enjoy working for DWP?:D
  • redsky1977
    Options
    Thanks,
    At least it puts my mind at ease to know that its common practice for them to take their time and I suppose no news is good news :).

What dept did you work in, if you dont mind me asking? and did you enjoy working for DWP?:D

I worked for almost 8 years for Jobcentreplus at EO grade. I loved the job but had the opportunity to train as an adult education teacher so left the department to go back to university.
    Since I qualified the government has cut all adult education funding and jobs are scarce/temporary :( so I'm hoping to return to civil service post.
  • Whatsername_2
    Options
    I hope we find out soon.. I have an interview tomorrow for a job in a cafe and they will most likely get back to me quite quickly, but the DWP job is much more suitable so I'd much rather have that. Just want to know now lol
  • heathertheblether
    Options
    Got my feedback at long last. Its not that great though - 6, 5, 7 & 7 which means I have only just scraped the pass mark of 25 :( Hope you others still awaiting news did better than me.
  • Whatsername_2
    Options
    Well done, it's better than me I got 5,5,6,6...so if the pass mark is 25 and I only got 22 do you think that means I definitely won't get the job? Oh well I tried my best...
  • Nod_Off
    Nod_Off Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mines is through too - not enough to pass (total of 21) but the feedback itself was much more positive than I expected so that's boosted the confidence a little bit :cool:

The 12 week full time training was going to be problematic for me so I'm not too disappointed - good luck to the rest of you and fingers crossed you all get a place :)
    £2019 in 2019 challenge:£50/2019
    A-Z: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Jan wins: £50 cheque
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills