We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

£5 free orange prepaid card credit - chat?

Options

Comments

• chets
    chets Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    If any1 has a spare code, can you please PM it to me?
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Personally it should have been a draw.

And what right do you have to say how a company can give away its products? If you don't like it, don't try to get one. If you tried to get one and failed, you should not complain about the process.
  • hitchinstation
    Options
    Hi
    I am what you call a lurker (is that right) on these forums.

I am on a slow connection (cant afford anything better till my BT contract runs out) and was unable to get the webpage up until now.

Anyone have any spare codes. Just 1 please. Pretty please.

If not ah well cest la vie (!), im sure theyll be another along shortly.
  • sivs
    sivs Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Done my good deed of the day and given one of my codes away.. Enjoy!
  • hitchinstation
    hitchinstation Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 June 2011 at 1:52PM
    Options
    sivs wrote: »
    Done my good deed of the day and given one of my codes away.. Enjoy!

Any chance you can throw some free enhanced broadband connection speeds my way, and a spare code?
  • mariannemarlow
    Options
    Anyone got a spare code?

Thank you :)
  • Beate
    Beate Posts: 3,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I persevered, hit F5 a lot and got two codes. I wasn't sure I had one as even though I got a /success link at one point, I also got a 500 Internal Error at the same time so tried again but it had worked and I got an email shortly after - by that time I had been successful a second time. I will give one to my OH and I think it's really mean of people to complain to institutions like ASA just because they themselves lost out. I regularly fail to get any Hoxton Hotel £1 rooms but I haven't spit out my dummy yet over it. You win some, you lose some. It's just like when TasteCard advertised some free annual cards, they were gone quickly too. MSE has not been misleading in how many were available and how many people get the newsletter, they also said they would be gone quickly. That servers buckle under the pressure of such offers is also nothing new. So for the sake of a fiver, can people calm down please?
    Reclaimed thanks to this site:
    £175 Abbey Mortgage Repayment Fee, £170.03 Capital One Bank Charges £418.07 Lloyds TSB Bank Charges, £2,671.55 Mis-sold Endowment Policy, all for OH
  • TjW
    TjW Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn't think I'd got one due to the website timing out constantly but got an email through with a code :j
    Now I can book my holiday :)

I'm just sorry to hear that some people aren't happy with the process and missed out.
    Total Debts: £1,500
    Total Cashback Received: £3,965.21:beer:
  • tawecdl
    tawecdl Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This thread is so predictable.

1st, - people panicking and moaning about how slow the site is and errors they have coming up
    2nd, - people blaming the company itself about how unfair or "misleading" the offer is
    3rd, - people actually taking the time to complain about how they didn't get something that was given free to some lucky people
    4th, - people bragging how they got 50+ of the free codes
    5th, - people practically begging for free codes off others.

It's made my day quite entertaining just lurking this thread.
    :j
  • hitchinstation
    Options
    tawecdl wrote: »
    This thread is so predictable.

1st, - people panicking and moaning about how slow the site is and errors they have coming up
    2nd, - people blaming the company itself about how unfair or "misleading" the offer is
    3rd, - people actually taking the time to complain about how they didn't get something that was given free to some lucky people
    4th, - people bragging how they got 50+ of the free codes
    5th, - people practically begging for free codes off others.

It's made my day quite entertaining just lurking this thread.

6th, people selling them on eBay?? lol only joking, or am i?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport