Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 740.3K views

Replies

• quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    aint we awful? we cant even do this for a week! :o:o

lol i know, in my defense tho my panani's for tea were yummy :) it could be worse i suppose atleast we will use it eventually so it's not wasted money
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    Sweet n sour chicken and rice for tea. Cause I used a jar of sauce I added load of carrots peas and pineapple to it. Luuuuurvely even if I do say so myself. Costed it out to less than £1 for 2 adults 1.5 toddlers. Happy days! Inwas going to grab some mince out to make a lasagne tomorrow but I broke my dish :(
    I do get fed up meal planning sometimes.
    Jelly for pudding again lol
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • castri09_2castri09_2 Forumite
    261 posts
    i would love to join in i have loads of food in the freezers and cupboards the only things i am going to try and buy in july is
    milk
    fruit
    veg
    make my own bread so hopefully save some money and defrost the freezer i think i have enough food in the house to feed a family of 4 for about 2 months
    :j
  • lola34 wrote: »
    We just can't resist a bargain!!!! I've bought 5 Christmas presants over the past few days because of this 'ailment';)
    uhmmm i did my xmas shopping in january when boots had their sale on........ :o:o
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • well i did my sunday shop, and was okish. loadsa whoopies milk and pizzas. but apart from them i got NO other food.
  • lola34lola34 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    uhmmm i did my xmas shopping in january when boots had their sale on........ :o:o

I did some there too!!!!!!!;)
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    poet123 wrote: »
    Re the title of the thread, I try this every week and fail, when I do my online shop stuff "appears " in my basket!!! we need a support group.

Bless I think we have found our support group right here on this thread.

I am sure you dont completely fail every week,maybe a day or two
    but there must be some days when you use up.Give yourself a pat on the back for them.

I have had a good couple of dayis using up as had my youngest grandson to stay, used a chicken, small joint of beef, pack of bacon, crisps,fizzy pop and he picked a couple of pounds of strawberrys out of the garden,and a couple of garlic breads.Best of all sent the left overs home with him.

Am just trying to figure out now

1.Why I ever thought I needed 60 packs of that risotto thing stuff from BB4L. Have eaten so many I am sick of it.
    Slimming World at target
  • gingin Forumite
    260 posts
    Can I join too please? I have been trying to do this for a few weeks now, but every time I go shopping I seem to end up with more 'bargains'. :o

My freezer is still full but there is some room now, I'm not having to cram stuff in.
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    lola34 wrote: »
    We just can't resist a bargain!!!! I've bought 5 Christmas presants over the past few days because of this 'ailment';)

I have had all my Christmas presents since the January Sales , filling a box now for shoebox appeals,homeless, old peoples home otherwise it just isnt going to fee like its Christmas.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72 wrote: »
    I have had all my Christmas presents since the January Sales , filling a box now for shoebox appeals,homeless, old peoples home otherwise it just isnt going to fee like its Christmas.
    i have been doing that with the superdr*g stuff, and also some of DTD stuff, it gives me a nice warm feeling inside.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support