Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 735.6K views

Replies

• NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    Made it home from tescos with only my list items... Plus 18 mini boxes of roses for 18p.
    No way could I not buy them.
    If I don't eat them, I guess I'm okay...
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Moorhen wrote: »
    I tidied the freezer at the weekend and found lots of things that I had forgotten about.

That's the problem when they get full!!!!!!!!
    Easy to fill but hard to remember what's in there.

Sorted mine today for the first time in ages and I found some dodo breasts - shows how long it is since the last time I sorted it. :D

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Curlytop40Curlytop40 Forumite
    292 posts
    Oooh I desperately need to join you. I made an inventory of my inside freezer (I have a big full one in the garage too!!) and mealplanned from the contents for 3 weeks. Then I got a large reduced chicken on sunday so we've been having rubber chicken. I had to get some milk yesterday and drop something in town so parked at and went into waitrose just as meat was being reduced. Had to buy some mince and burgers at around 30% of their full price so what space I'd made in the freezer last week has now been filled with stilton burgers and bolognese sauce and I still need to find room for the rest of the chicken curry and around 6 portions of soup. I know the garage freezer is full so the soup may have to go to my mum's!!! I wouldn't mind but there's only me and my DD (6) so we really do not need 2 freezers full of stuff!!!
    Please help to keep me on track!!
    July grocery- 24.40/220. NSD-1/3.
    Myself, DD, 2 cats, 35 weeks pregnant.
    Debts- CC's- V-775, F-1253.10, BC-3291.80, T-1429.08. Total-6748.98. All 0%. Aim- to pay £200 per month.
  • Don't know if I should be happy or concerned but we are a couple of days into this and it hasn't dented the cupboards or the freezer. I've always liked the idea of shopping a few times a week and cooking what looks good/in season. I didn't realise how much I had shoved in there, habit of buying same things all the time.
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a "syndrome"??

Is there a help group, say Freezer Fillers Anonymous??

"Hi, I'm Lynsey and I'm a freezer filler" :rotfl:

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Curlytop40Curlytop40 Forumite
    292 posts
    Lynsey wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a "syndrome"??

Is there a help group, say Freezer Fillers Anonymous??

"Hi, I'm Lynsey and I'm a freezer filler" :rotfl:

Lynsey

I think there needs to be!!

"Hi I'm Helen and I'm a freezer filler too!"
    July grocery- 24.40/220. NSD-1/3.
    Myself, DD, 2 cats, 35 weeks pregnant.
    Debts- CC's- V-775, F-1253.10, BC-3291.80, T-1429.08. Total-6748.98. All 0%. Aim- to pay £200 per month.
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    Hi I'm Natalie and I've broken ny freezer drawers in the past filling them :p

I've been a freezer filler for 5 years now.

Though I really have no intention of changing my ways as once it's empty I WILL refill it
    :grouphug:
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Naffito wrote: »
    Hi I'm Natalie and I've broken ny freezer drawers in the past filling them :p

:rotfl:

Lol. Breaking freezer drawers seems like a classic sign of a "freezer filler". Done it loads of times.

Lynsey
  • Oh dear coughing to that too! My defence is being told you should always fill a freezer.
    Made cauldron of custard tonight so we can use up some of the bags of frozen fruit in fruit fools.
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danger day for me Friday is my shopping day.Shout at me someone please, theres absolutely nothing i need .
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support