Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 737.5K views

Replies

• NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    :naughty: THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU NEED!! :naughty:
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • Don't know if I should be happy or concerned but we are a couple of days into this and it hasn't dented the cupboards or the freezer. I've always liked the idea of shopping a few times a week and cooking what looks good/in season. I didn't realise how much I had shoved in there, habit of buying same things all the time.
    yeap same here. i am sure there is someone/thing filling them up when i am asleep.
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
  • meg72 wrote: »
    Danger day for me Friday is my shopping day.Shout at me someone please, theres absolutely nothing i need .
    leave the car keys and purse at home.

my danger day is sunday. my little tesco reduce to silly price on sunday at 11.30. i cant abide going shopping through the week. it drives me mad. too many older people and preschool kids. no offence to anyone that age please.
  • Lynsey wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if this is a "syndrome"??

Is there a help group, say Freezer Fillers Anonymous??

"Hi, I'm Lynsey and I'm a freezer filler" :rotfl:

Lynsey
    hi im sharon and im a freezer,cupboard, under the stairs, in the attic filler. please help me.
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    well i didn't do too well right after i posted the other day we got takeaway, aww well atleast i didn't bring more food home lol, i'm still using things up, the weekend is our danger time because hubbys off and hates sitting in, but we nearly always spend when we go out, anyway we have sick kids so were house bound this weekend anyway
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naffito wrote: »
    :naughty: THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU NEED!! :naughty:

Bless you for that. I have been out but avoided food shopping for me, Just bought a huge cauliflower on the market for 50p, present for my DD.

Spent the rest of my grocery budget on the carboot and CS,
    Got a lovely old brown ceramic teapot for my herb tea,reminds me of the one my Nan had. A phone charger cos I left mine at my Brothers last week. One of those dinkiy half size kettles,hoping to save elec ,8 paperbacks, and all my seeds for next year from Wilkinsons 75% off.saved a massive £10.62.

So safe again until next Friday. Please shout at me again. I have
    no will power.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi im sharon and im a freezer,cupboard, under the stairs, in the attic filler. please help me.

I think we can all help and support each other. There is a reason, personal to ourselves why we feel the need to stockpile as we do, childhood memories,hard times, difficult situaation for a while. I think we need to revaluate and see if that still applies.
    Slimming World at target
  • Re the title of the thread, I try this every week and fail, when I do my online shop stuff "appears " in my basket!!! we need a support group.
  • crockpotcrockpot Forumite
    631 posts
    poet123 wrote: »
    Re the title of the thread, I try this every week and fail, when I do my online shop stuff "appears " in my basket!!! we need a support group.

I need to join that support group!

think I only need a few bits, go to supermarket and £40 later! Done shop online this week which seems better but a few things did not turn up so I was a good girl today I took a list and £10 cash and only got what was on the list!

But cupboards and 2 freezers full, so i need to shop from home for a few weeks.

Been to price up a bedroom carpet today and its going to cost twice as much as I thought, oh dear!
  • meg72 wrote: »
    I think we can all help and support each other. There is a reason, personal to ourselves why we feel the need to stockpile as we do, childhood memories,hard times, difficult situaation for a while. I think we need to revaluate and see if that still applies.
    i am not sure what to say, except you may have hit the painful truth.

many thanks. time to chuck out the skeletons, and be free again
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support