Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
11K replies 737.5K views

Replies

• LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Barneysmom wrote: »
    That didn't include dog food or treats either, I got a month's worth last week :eek:

Lol. Are you seeing anyone for this "condition". :D

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    Think I'll be out first. Only gOt a little freezer. Boo!!

Left over BBQ pasta and salad for tea! The feast of kings!!! ( or queens rather!!)
    Also going to make some jelly up tonight for snacking on tomorrow. Tis my sweet tooth thats suffering so far cause we only buy sweets as and when. Can't mass buy them else I put on a stone in a week. Same with biscuits! Aaaarrrgghh jelly here I come!!!
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
    .(")(") myfitnesspal: 38lbs lost!! :):)
  • LynseyLynsey Forumite
    9.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Not too good at this!!!!!!!!

Took out some stuff today for dinner and some for tomorrow. Wasn't too sure about tomorrow and initially took out some pork steaks and changed my mind to some cooked mince. Got some potatoes to get rid of so though we'd have mince and tatties, but silly me left out the pork steaks on top of the freezer in the garage (just noticed them) and now they've defrosted.
    Off to cook them now and I'll just make a casserole for Friday.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Marvel1Marvel1 Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do this now, it's great that way food is never wasted, I always buy essentials like eggs, milk, bread, cereal.
  • rhosynbachrhosynbach Forumite
    7.7K posts
    hi i started this a while ago but my freezer is not going down The only thing i have got is 4 packs of free rice infusions today but still had to shove it in, I think someone is sneaking stuff in my cupboards are still full from dtd but like others I am still buying things I dont need so I am not going to buy anything but milk and bread for a few weeks
    luckily we have hens for eggs and a garden full of veg and fruit so I am looking foward to saving some money
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    Toast for breakfast as I'm already out of milk (trip to the shops tonight, I'll try my hardest to be good!!!)
    Been proactive and got chicken out the freezer so I'll make a chicken curry for tea tonight? Plenty o onions and spices in. No cream tho so it'll be a lovely low fat one too.
    I feel a bit like I'm on the Sainsburys diet lol.

Lunch time I do not know what I'm going to make. Maybe fish finger sandwiches. Mmmmmmm!!! Comfort food at it's best!!
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
  • NKLKNKLK Forumite
    970 posts
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    hi i started this a while ago but my freezer is not going down The only thing i have got is 4 packs of free rice infusions today but still had to shove it in, I think someone is sneaking stuff in my cupboards are still full from dtd but like others I am still buying things I dont need so I am not going to buy anything but milk and bread for a few weeks
    luckily we have hens for eggs and a garden full of veg and fruit so I am looking foward to saving some money

Wish I had chickens!!
    My crop of blueberries was looking fantastic but they seem to of shrivelled up and died this week :(
    Nothing like a good bit of homegrown to keep you out the supermarkets!
    ..(/(/
    =(';')= Stripper No.28
  • cheerfulness4cheerfulness4 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naffito wrote: »
    Last night we had sausage (frozen) and mash (real mash)

Ohh now thats given me an idea for tonight. :think: Know I have plenty of sausages lurking in the freezer and some tatties that need using up.
    A nice thick onion gravy and some veggies should make that a treat for tonight. :D
  • MoorhenMoorhen Forumite
    964 posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I tidied the freezer at the weekend and found lots of things that I had forgotten about.
    There was a huge portion of smoked haddock which I baked and OH and I have been eating for lunch with salad all week, I also discovered 4 lamb chops but there are 5 of us so I will have to wait for an evening when someone is out!

I have also discovered tons of frozen fresh fruit, redcurrants, white currants, blackberries and raspberries. Shame it has not been crumble weather.

I will have another hunt in the freezer this weekend to see what I can discover.
  • rhosynbach wrote: »
    Naffito wrote: »
    Been proactive and got chicken out the freezer so I'll make a chicken curry for tea tonight? QUOTE]

OMG i was reading the 2 posts fast and thought. that woman has put live chickens in the freezer. :eek::eek: sorry
    easy tea for me tonight as teenager is doing after school club and only gets a jam sandwich when he gets home, school feed him.
    life is like a loo roll. the nearer the end you get, the faster it goes.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support