I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    Options
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    Morning all. Just taken a shepherds pie out for tea tonight. Hopefully it'll defrost in time! Looking like there's plenty of space in the freezer now although need to use up the old things.

Lynsey - there's a site ukbreakaway.com that do cheap deals for the Grand Hotel in Scarborough. You can get an interior room, with dinner, bed and breakfast for 4 nights for £120 pp. That's for August too. Was going to do that myself but ended up doing the sun holiday, might still do that too depending on finances. Mind you, I don't think the Grand Hotel is quite the same spec as what it used to be!
    They have had a buy out though. Hopefully not as bad as about ten- fifteen years ago when the health and safety shut them temp!
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 July 2012 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Lip_Stick - thanks for the info and something to consider. Noticed they also do 2 night deals which may be better.

katskorner - wishes to your Nan, lots of wishes.

Went to Morries to do Brother's shopping today and managed to integrate 2 x L'Oreal wipes for myself at £2 each and a bottle of Heinz ketchup for 99p (offer??) - used 2 x £2.50 coupons, so my shopping was FREE!!

Passed Aldi and bought the 3 peppers pack for 69p and a "treat", a pack of chocolate digestives for 59p.
    Days total so far = £1.28.

I've got 3 x 50p Cravendale coupons to use by tonight at Sainsbury's, but have 5+ litres already - may not use them, we'll see.

Prawn stir fry for lunch and hubby is having stir fry with salmon (drizzled with chilli oil).

EDIT: Just been given a nice bunch of lillies for the effort in saving the deposit!! Letting agent was well pleased and friend got full, or will get full deposit back - it's not all "doom the gloom" - just the weather!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One more packet of supernoodles out of the cupboard for lunch. I love them! So unhealthy though :o

Home made chicken pie for tea, really enjoyed the last one unfortunately I have no more in there, must make some more.

OH having YS piri piri chicken.

OUT - Piri piri chicken, supernoodles, chicken pie.
    IN - Nothing :D

Feeling virtuous!
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm going back to my old ways and must stop myself!!Went to Tesco yesterday as needed a few bits for the veg lasagne and saw their City Kitchen Katsu Curries down to 80p so i got one for my lunch today. I also got a pate (YS-35p) for the freezer. Now I already have one pate in the freezer and I could have had lefotver veg lasagne today for lunch (will still eat tomorrow!) so i was a bit naughty. MUST keep my motivation up and clear my freezer!!

Well done on all your loreal bargains - unfortunately my work computer (only place I have access to a printer) won't let me download the coupon printer so I can't use:(.

Not sure what we are eating this eve - making my friends Bday cake so something easy!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    katskorner wrote: »
    Us - greek salad with the cheap cucumber from lidl and the lovely half price vine toms from morries yesterday, served with breaded plaice. Sounds nice doesn't it?

waiting on news too as my nan had a stroke yesterday and is in hospital - not sure the severity but worse than last time so will have to wait till later for details.

Yep, it does sound nice. Not had a greek salad in a while. You're tempting me!

Hope your gran has a good recovery.
    jemb wrote: »
    They have had a buy out though. Hopefully not as bad as about ten- fifteen years ago when the health and safety shut them temp!

Hmmm.. just checked trip advisor, might give it a miss lol.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the hospital stay - hope all goes well :)
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all.

Made steamed chicken and rice yesterday, will have it again today, went Zumba last night and then met my friend for Zumba and lunch this morning, body is aching! We had lunch at a Jamaican place called healthy eaters, I had soup and dumplins was yummy, also bought a watermelon, gave half to my grandma.

Found another mccains coupon, will use before it expires, but need to work on my freezer as it is full again, we will see what can be done there.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone :) Got some reduced stuff in morrisons today. They seem to have a lot of reduced fruit lately, someone must be over ordering.

6 pack cheese & onion sausage rolls - 49p
    snack pate and crackers x 2 - 58p (for OH)
    Pack of apricots - 9p
    reduced bread - 25p

= £1.27 (with 10% discount)

Also picked up the £1 strawberries and 50p kids bananas for the little one.
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    Nan not looking her best. Mom didn't recognise her and said it shocked her how she looked. Waiting for more news as not seen medical people to talk to yet. Although expect that she will not be going home in the forseeable future, probably will have to go into a nursing home for a while. Prayers please. Thanks all.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,004 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had HM wedges, HM ham quiche, baby sweetcorn, mange tout, sugar snap peas & swede for dinner. I made a plum crumble too.

7545365408_a57ec5d94c.jpg

7545366400_1d051deeac.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 132/153
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £23.52/£100 NSD - 94
    2024 Craft Makes - 229 Craft Spends 2024 £327.42/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts