We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• cazj80
    cazj80 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I don't think DD will want them altered.
    These are the ones in her bedroom.
    7530659418_3c7741d872.jpg
    These are the ones with a seam - you can't see it when the curtains are open.
    7530658830_da8a8f473f.jpg

They are beautiful and will be different to anyone elses! Ive got some blue curtains off freecycle as the curtains in Ava's bedroom are cream and letting too much light in, which didnt bother her last year, but she has been up at about 5 for the last month every day, and it's getting too much!
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. Feel whacked as it didn't feel like I slept a wink last night, must have done tho because I was having daft dreams.

Feeling better now after yesterday. Not sure what's for dinner, maybe poached egg. Will be the lamb meatballs for tea, looking forward to those!

Need to buy bin bags and bread... actually might make some bread instead.

Flo - good to see you back. Those curtains look really well made. Wish I could make things like that.

Lynsey - hope all goes well at the hospital for you, will be thinking of you. With the frugal living... at least you know what can be achieved now if you really really need to save up lol.

Caz - how old is Ava?

Jane - madras coleslaw... er... sounds lovely. :undecided
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • cazj80
    Options
    Lip_stick - Ava is 2 and a half, and Erin is 14 months

You have my complete sympathies for the feeling whacked, not only was Ava up at 5.10 this morning, but Erin has yet another temperature, and didn't sleep much last night either. Hopefully once I get properly going today I'll feel less tired, also lots of coffee may help :D It just seems like Erin is always ill at the moment, she had tonsilitis, so had to have anti-b's for 10 days, then she had oral thrush, probably because of the medication, and another virus, then the thrush came back, and now that's gone, but she has a temperature again!! She's eating and drinking so I'm not too worried, if she's still got a temperature tomorrow I'll go to the doctors, because that will have been 2 days by then, she just seems to have been ill constantly for a month :(. Sorry about my moaning!

p.s. your meatballs sound delicious. I found this morning that my cat has pinched the turkey steak I got out for my stir-fry last night, probably when my OH heated some milk for Erin and took the turkey out of the microwave and forgot to put it back in!!!
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    8 muffins out of the freezer today for the kids to take to school. I will pull something out for tea as well but I don't know what yet. Today will be a no spend day as we could just not fit anymore in if we tried.

Lynsey, what a great post. I hope your hospital stay is as short and painless as possible x

Lipstick, Have a few cups of coffee to try and wake yourself up a bit x

Caz, I hope you all get well soon x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    Lynsey - hope your hospital stay goes okay, and that the food is nice!

Can't make the madras coleslaw today as we have been invited to my friend's for tea tonight, so I will make it tomorrow.

DD2 forgot to take her sandwich to school for her lunch so I have just eaten it for breakfast!! It was yummy too - l/o stuffed roast pork on best of both bread!

Don't know what time lunch will be as I will be at the hospital with DD1, who is having a colonoscopy. It is scheduled for 10.45 but don't know how long she will be waiting. She will be starving when she comes out though as she couldn't eat at all yesterday, and boy didn't we know about it - talk about moan!

While she is having the procedure I will nip to the supermarket - I have my list so hopefully won't spend too much.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • cazj80
    Options
    Recovering spendaholic - hope your DD1's colonoscopy goes ok, I've had a lot of those because of a genetic condition I've got and know what they're like. At least she'll be able to eat later today xx
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just booked a holiday in September through the Sun. Going to a holiday park near Scarborough. Hopefully it might have stopped raining by then! :D

Caz, is Ava still having a nap during the day? I know when Jake was about that age I needed to cut back on his daytime nap as he was getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Sorry to hear about Erin, there's a lot of bugs going about at the mo, usually it's winter eh. I remember ds being ill for a long while with one thing and another right after each other. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon.

Jane, fingers crossed your dd's procedure goes ok, and that she gets something yummy to eat soon lol.

SoWorried - just about to pour my third cup... hopefully this one will wake me up lol.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,085 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

Ms_night_rider - glad you had a lovely Birthday week - sounds like you had a great time!!

Lip_stick hope you feel a bit better. You can get peanut butter M&M's on Amazon but they are quite expensive - but VERY nice!

Caz, soworried et al - I am so jealous of your bargains - I haven't had a good ys bargain for a while now.

Florenceem - sounds like you had a good time and they curtains look lovely!

Today we used up leftover hm pizza from last night (there is still loads left!) for lunch and for tea I made a pasta bake, but it wasn't too nice (pasta got overcooked and I didn't like the cheese) I bought the Cathedral City lighter cheese and used that and it wasn't very nice at all!! There was over half left and (don't tell Flo) I binned it as I knew no-one would eat it.

I just had to have two slices of toast as I was hungry!!

I need to go shopping ( had an NSD today) - tomorrow but am going to make a list and really try and stick to it. We do have alot of meals in the freezer still, but I do need fresh fruit and veg/salad and stuff like toilet paper and laundry gel.

I am going to make madras coleslaw tomorrow from a recipe in the paper today. It is the usual cabbage, carrot and onion, but you add in a handful of salted peanuts, raisins and sliced apple and make the dressing with mayo, salad cream, curry powder, lemon juice and mango chutney. It looked lovely - can't wait!!
    I am here! :mad:
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering - 2024 - 4,177 June - 1966/120
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £47.95/£100 NSD - 113
    2024 Craft Makes - 235 Craft Spends 2024 £403.10/£500
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just cought up with all your posts and you all seem to be doing excellently with bargains!!

I had a relatively quiet weekend on the freezer front as was out Sat and Sun at relatives for dinner. Managed to use things up in my spag bol on Fri but had 2 extra portions so they went in the freezer. Also bought 2 packs of Tesco finest Parma Ham on Fri reduced to 80p each and ate on on sat lunch (with one of my YS avocados) and a pitta out of the freezer and yesteray for lunch I grabbed a pizza out of the freezer.
    For lunch today I grabbed a HM Aubergine Parmiagana out of the freezer and had that with a pitta and this eve I am making a veg lasagne which will do us 2 meals this eve and me 2 lunches. This means I have taken a portion of courgettes out of the freezer and will get my leftover veg used up. After that I will try to eat HM ready meals out of the freezer for at least a couple lof days. Slowly but surely I am getting there!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody know what the Lidl weekend offer is going to be please?

I can't seem to find out on here or online. :o
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate