I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• cazj80
    cazj80 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    Evening all. The lamb meatballs were nice. Served them with pasta and a sun-dried tomato and olive pasta sauce which was lovely. Had an asda apple crumble for afters which wasn't up to much.

Poor ds has been moaning all day that his leg is aching him. Putting on a proper limp. Growing pains maybe.

My sis gave me a load of rhubarb. Anyone know if it'd be ok to cook it and freeze it, or better off putting in the freezer just chopped?

Think you missed something flo. The quiches look gorgeous btw.

How long she having for her nap now? Jake's been going to bed late with the light nights. It's a right pain to get him to get to sleep now.

She's having about an hour to an hour and a half, she fell asleep watching a film this afternoon on the sofa!

Erin still has a temperature at the moment, but she's eating and drinking lots, and it has come down a bit now. If she still has a temperature tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get to see a doctor, only because it will be into the 3rd day then. She does have temperatures quite a lot, which is why I'm not too worried at the moment.

Re rhubarb - I always just chop mine up into pieces and then freeze it in bags, ready to get out, defrost and put in a pudding! It's always been fine and I've had some frozen for a while now.

NSD day for me today - yippee!

I didn't have the stirfry in the end after the cat ate the turkey steaks I got out and I forgot to get some more out in time to defrost. So that's for tomorrow. We had burgers and homemade chips for tea tonight - so that was some burgers and rolls out of the freezer, and some of my potatoes used (I still have some left over from our last 25kg sack, as well as my ys ones from Sunday).

Hoping for another NSD tomorrow, although now I think about it, I will need to get milk. OH is off work today and tomorrow, and when he's at home we always get through so much more milk than normal, mainly because he is a tea monster
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    made chilli for us with mince from freezer - really lean and v. impressed! two meals to go back in.

kids used up chicken burgers and waffles at their request (they are getting shedloads of veggies tomorrow..) so made a titch of space.

Got chicken left over from sunday so good for sandwiches and possibly salad tomorrow for us.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Terrible wife here forgot to get something out for dinner. Hubby had supernoodles and half a 10p YS cheese and tomato bread. I had the other half of the bread (was light a "light pizza!") and icecream. Nice and healthy all round :D

2 packs of supernoodles and 1 pizza bread OUT. Three Mugshots out (gone to work with hubby)
    Nothing in fridge/cupboards or freezer :D
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning, hope all are well and all members of your family.
    Lynsey - hope your hospital stay goes okay, and that the food is nice!

Lol
    I'm sure the food will be lovely and I'll be spoilt for choice!!!
    Looking forward to looking at the menu sheets and ticking the boxes!!!

Lip_Stick - we've been looking at Scarborough and may do if we can get some cheap Travelodge deals. Would love to visit the area again, Whitby, Bridlington etc.

NSD yesterday.

Took out pate for breakfast - grilled pate on toast.
    Salmon fillet for hubby. Not too sure about myself yet, but do have strawberries and cream to finish - might have a stir fry??

Aldi mixed peppers and the ketchup from Lidl are targets this week.

Off for a coffee, catch up later.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. Just taken a shepherds pie out for tea tonight. Hopefully it'll defrost in time! Looking like there's plenty of space in the freezer now although need to use up the old things.

Got the rats to clean out today... God I hate that job. Also ironing and vacuuming, and tidying toys!

Lynsey - there's a site ukbreakaway.com that do cheap deals for the Grand Hotel in Scarborough. You can get an interior room, with dinner, bed and breakfast for 4 nights for £120 pp. That's for August too. Was going to do that myself but ended up doing the sun holiday, might still do that too depending on finances. Mind you, I don't think the Grand Hotel is quite the same spec as what it used to be!

Caz - maybe drop the nap to 40 mins... although that's easier said than done lol.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, I hope your all well or at least starting to feel better x

Steaks and mashed swede out of the freezer for dinner tonight, I am going to do it with mushroom and onion gravy, swede and chips.

I do need snacks and milk today so I will go out later and see if I can get any YS at the same time.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • katskorner
    Options
    hmm today, what to do to eat. Thinking maybe digging out sausages for boys to go with left over roast veg from sunday and add a bit to it.

Us - greek salad with the cheap cucumber from lidl and the lovely half price vine toms from morries yesterday, served with breaded plaice. Sounds nice doesn't it?

Got so much to do today - my house looks like a bomb went off and I only blitzed it thursday. Kids eh? I am going to get really tough with them and scare them by binning half the contents of their bedroom (well stuffing it in the loft anyhow) and then see if they get the message!

waiting on news too as my nan had a stroke yesterday and is in hospital - not sure the severity but worse than last time so will have to wait till later for details.

also have to do accounting for june and july so far if I can find all the receipts (breakfast bar turned into dumping ground again).

then have letters for school to sort and ring the council to speak to them about my allotment and deal with the hassle there.

groan.

coffee first methinks!
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay flo's back :)

Hubby's ff ths week and next, we have been using some things up but not a lot as been out most days. Oh the plu side other thn bread I've not had a lot oint back in either
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,004 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    Yay flo's back :)

Hubby's ff ths week and next, we have been using some things up but not a lot as been out most days. Oh the plu side other thn bread I've not had a lot oint back in either
    Only here until Thursday!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 132/153
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £23.52/£100 NSD - 94
    2024 Craft Makes - 229 Craft Spends 2024 £327.42/£500
  • katskorner
    edited 10 July 2012 at 12:55PM
    Options
    Gosh going on holiday was good for the wallet - spent £90 less in June than in May! Right, let me try and maintain that in July then and keep to June's total - give me £167 for the rest of the month to equal June's spend.... challenge...accepted!

(but if Lidl have grape juice, washing powder or pink packet toilet rolls on weekend deals I shall have to take advantage, you understand.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport