I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 July 2012 at 3:32PM
    Options
    katskorner wrote: »
    Nan not looking her best. Mom didn't recognise her and said it shocked her how she looked. Waiting for more news as not seen medical people to talk to yet. Although expect that she will not be going home in the forseeable future, probably will have to go into a nursing home for a while. Prayers please. Thanks all.

I hope she is doing better and that you are ok xx
    katskorner wrote: »
    Can we have a freezer audit? How large is yours?

I thought it might give perspective on stocks held and definitions of what 'full' might really mean...... :).

I have a fridge freezer with three freezer drawers and an 18cuft chest freezer.

I have a 3 drawer upright freezer and a little section of my fridge. Bear in mind though this is just for me. I do live with my bf and feed him sometimes (he is out a lot doing sport) but he is always moaning that I don't give him any room!

Today we are using up Approved Food wraps and some chilli out of the freezer which we will have with lettuce and cheese so 'sort of burritos'! :)
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OUT: 2 beef stews with some YS potato wedges from the Deli today
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    I have two freezers, each has 4 draws. They are full to bursting.

Thinking of your nan kat x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a medium size chest freezer and a small upright one - both full.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 0/6
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £58.56/£100 NSD - 82
    2024 Craft Makes - 209 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all

Had lunch which was half a chicken breast diced with nando's rub in a wrap with a bit of lettuce and tomato. Not sure what tea will be, not feeling too hungry but I guess it'll be something using up the other half of the chicken.

Here's a pic of my whirlpool fridge freezer. Although mine is silver. Just enough room I think for myself and ds. Nightmare to get into the flat tho!

41XQ%2BUk3yNL._AA300_.jpg

Lynsey - I ended up buying a sun lounger for the garden with the ebay voucher, cost me a tenner.... although with this weather, it's bound to be a tenner wasted!

ammonite, will check out that co-op deal thx.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2012 at 5:54PM
    Options
    I have no idea how big my chest freezer is... we found it and cleaned it :j It can hold quite a bit though. My other freezer has got 2 big drawers, 1 slimmer drawer then the top drawer is split into 2. One side is the ice maker and the other side is just a small square drawer big enough for small cuts of meat or a large chicken.

My main freezer isn't particularly full. It mostly has open packets of things as I don't want them spilling over the chest freezer. My chest freezer is about 3/4 full. I could fit a lot of bargains into both :)

ETA this is my main fridge/freezer. We only bought it in March (to replace our smaller, second hand £60 fridge freezer that was on its last legs). It was £500 but it's been worth it especially as we'll have another mouth to feed come March :)

CF7914S-open.png
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all.

I had watermelon and 2 packs of sunbites for breakfast, I had the last steamed chicken thigh a tiny bit of rice with sweet chilli sauce and 2 sweet pancakes dry, need to think about what to cook tomorrow, will get the seabass out for dinner I think, with steamed rice and veg, dont know about lunch, melon and a pear or activia crunch pot for tomorrow's breakfast.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Strange day!!

Popped into Asda to get some free Nestle cereals and picked up 4 boxes and put them through s/scan. Noticed after buying that one went through at £2.28, thought all were £1 each, so ended up getting a refund for £2.28 (not £1 offer and placed wrongly).
    So basically, 3 boxes of £1 cereal and 4 x £1 coupons used and £1 off shop.
    Bought 2 reduced small chicken biryani ready meals for 54p each, 2 loaves of bread (2 for £1) and some of the reduced chocolate going around - 2 x Turkish delight bars (40p each), 2 x caramel filed bars (40p each) and large chocolate buttons (50p).
    A total food spend of £3.18, I got:
    3 x boxes Nestle cereals
    4 x bars of chocolate
    1 x bag large chocolate buttons
    2 x small bloomers
    2 x small biryanis

Non-food, a pack of tea-towels.

re: freezers - last year we got rid of a large freezer after buying a new smaller one to reduce spends .................... but bought an integrated freezer for the kitchen later!!
    The integrated one only has 3 drawers, but they are quite large and hold an amazing amount of food - very surprised really. The garage freezer is a four drawer one and we have a large ice-box in the garage fridge which also holds quite a bit and is starting to get used (mainly for bread items which get used quickly).
    I'm also getting back a freezer given to me by my Brother which I then donated, but getting it back next week!!!
    Looking for someone else to take it. lol
    Too good for tip and I don't want to use it - once it gets stuff in, it would get filled.

When filling freezers, I generally unpack and re-bag and this enables more to go in - those plastic cartons take up too much space.

Spag bol soon and made a cottage pie for tomorrow.

***Don't miss those Nestle cereal coupons - 2 per pc.

Lip_Stick - lol at the ebay purchase. Still looking and deciding - may get a freebie lampshade??

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well ds got dropped off, and the ex brought me round some Spanish style chicken, as I moan that he doesn't cook proper meals lol, so he's trying to prove me wrong. He says that's his excuse, I think he's trying to worm his way into having tea here still.

Lynsey - 2 x small bloomers? Hubby will be thinking his luck's in! Can't get the coupons to print on my comp. :(
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Back again :)

I took out the last seabass from the freezer and a ys jacket potato with cheese, need to go and take out the spinach and a corn on cob.

I had another pancake lol, but it was all in the name of using up, i have had 3 apples in the fridge for a month and sultanas that needed using from Asda clearance, I did put 3 pancakes in the freezer, to stop me eating anymore lol, so i cut and peeled the apple added sultanas, vanilla essence and a teaspoon of honey, put it in the oven for 20 minutes, added the pancake to warm and ate it, certainly will be having it again. still not much space in the freezer, tiny improvement.

I have a Wrights bread mix has just gone ood on 7th Jul, shall I use it? Could make some rolls and freeze when there is some space lol.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family