I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done all!
    Im in for the challenge ;)
    Using up the boxes of cereal this morning (2 boxes of free shreddies and one of free porridge still in the cupboard no didnt eat it all this morning :rotfl:)
    Lunch- have almost 2 loaves of bread between bread bin and freezer, tuna, posh xmas cheese and ham
    Dinners- fishcakes chips and peas, quorn to go in a curry, pizza and garlic bread, 3 portions of chilli , quorn burgers (need some buns to go with these at some point!)
    Also have a bowl of fruit (and some xmas chocolates left! :rotfl:)

£137 of yearly budget spent so far! :)
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    susan6780 wrote: »
    Ms knight rider,the brown stuff was just the blood,run it under a cold tap and it will turn pink like the rest of the steak,hope this helps?

Happy new year!!

It can't be blood, the meat is hung so all the blood drains out of it, as thats what makes it go off quicker.

We are having lots of freezer food today, sausage rOlls, cocktail sausages, chicken wings. Nachos for store cupboard bits. Good start to the year and clearing the freezer :)

Had egg and ham for breakfast.

Happy new year all!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • susan6780
    susan6780 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    It can't be blood, the meat is hung so all the blood drains out of it, as thats what makes it go off quicker.

We are having lots of freezer food today, sausage rOlls, cocktail sausages, chicken wings. Nachos for store cupboard bits. Good start to the year and clearing the freezer :)

Had egg and ham for breakfast.

Happy new year all!

Oh I didn't know that,I'm sorry MK. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cooked some sausage rolls (but then I ate them too). took some ditto and some mini pork pie halves frozen after Mum's funeral (:(), heated and eaten - v.bad for me. Cooked and partly eaten 1 duck breast, de-frosted and cooked bread loaf dough, not very successful but now have loads of breadcrumbs. Made "summer" pudding with frozen blackberries. Used asorted quantities of frozen veg in meals. Refused to buy any food stuff on Saturday but have posted elsewhere for help using 3 bottles of salad cream. Not expecting vsitors and neighbours do not eat meat, grandson away at the moment with DD & SiL, back at school Wednesday so cannot shove anything down him. So, single grannie trying really hard.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Day 1 and spent already!!!!!!!!!
    Popped into Sainsburys and they had a large beef joint (almost 3kg rump) reduced from over £14 to £5.49 - had to take it as we have no beef joints in freezer (will cut into 2 or 3 joints). They were clearing turkeys @ £5, some from £30!!!
    Got 2 packs of teacakes @ 19p each and a pack of flat mushrooms for 29p - total spend £6.16, but used £5 worth of points, so only £1.16 money spent.........still £1.16 more than intended.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • bramble1
    Options
    I thought everywhere was closed today! Good job I have decided to stay in! My first NSD of the year :) thOse where good bargains though!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    I thought everywhere was closed today!
    Same here. That's why I checked last night to see the bargains........but missed them!!! I was on the way home and noticed Sainsbury's was open - pretty quiet though.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have refused to go out today, what would I do with large joints of meat (not quite as good when cut to indiv. portions), trying to run freezer down and cupboards. Best not to go at all. I can resist anything but temptation - and a bargain.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been making a Moroccan chickpea, lentil and spinach stew, love this recipe! Nearly all from storecupboard ingredients too, the only thing I had to buy specially was spinach (and I borrowed a carrot from the pets supply and used dried ginger instead of fresh). It says it serves 4 but I usually get a week's worth of meals out of this amount as it's quite filling.

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/food-and-drink/recipes/Index/M/Moroccon-chickpea-lentil-and-spinach-stew/

It's all going in the freezer though in portions as I have some cold veggie sausage rolls that are in the fridge that need eating up tonight...
  • bramble1
    Options
    susan6780 wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know that,I'm sorry MK. :(

I hope i didn't come across as rude, I didn't mean to be!

Had to throw some mexicana cheese away as it had gone mouldy. OH has also decided he doesn't like the Lidl cheese, (although i'm sure he won't notice what cheese it is if i use it in pasta sauces etc.)

Had our buffet for dinner, there are still some sausage rolls in the freezer, they will do for OH's lunches. I have planned lasagna for dinner tomorrow, but I might change it to cottage pie, I fancy having that instead. Some nice comfort food. I seem to remember OH doesn't like it though...will see what he says when i suggest it.

Glad i have milk in the freezer as am drinking chocolate milk today as it's my favorite hangover cure! Will need to lift that out tomorrow at this rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family