I'm eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning all still using things up here, hubbys back to work today and the kids are back to school tomorrow

kids hd shreddies and toast for breakfast i had egg in a cup and toast

kids are having lo stew for lunch i prob won't have anything because i'm only eating my breakfast now

dinner is hm mince pie (pastrys setting in the fridge as we speak) with mash mixed veg and lots of gravy

have some bacon to use up in the next few days so need some ideas or i might just freze it
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • tracey12_2
    Options
    Kirri wrote: »
    Although the remains of the pesto also needs using as that should have been finished by today... so might have to have pesto/veg on tortillas tomorrow instead..

If I buy pesto I put into ice cube trays and freeze it. When frozen I just put cubes into a freezer bag and then get out about 3 cubes at a time and that is enough for me and my 2 dd.

HTH

Tracey
    Officially debt free :j
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tracey12 wrote: »
    If I buy pesto I put into ice cube trays and freeze it. When frozen I just put cubes into a freezer bag and then get out about 3 cubes at a time and that is enough for me and my 2 dd.

HTH

Tracey

I suddenly thought of that this morning! I had used most of the pot but had enough to spread over a pizza base so have stuck it in a freezer bag. Will try the ice cube method next time, thanks :D
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    My OH doesn't like pesto and I do, I'll do that! Thanks.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i don't even know whats in my freezer :o

did a rough meal plan off my head decided i'd put it all in a bag at the top of the freezer so i'd be able to find it, went out and i had no chicken, about 15 gammon roasts and about 20 dinners worth of mince, found sausage meat and pork pies i bought last xmas :eek: i will NOT buy any food for my freezer til it's low enough to make a list of whats in it
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No Spend Day (NSD) today so far and no plans on going out - it's very windy today, so housework day and planted some tomato seeds (free tomatoes in 6 months time). lol
    Made fishcakes, but not hungry and may pop in fridge for tomorrow's lunch.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well, finished off duck breast in stir fry (made and ate half yesterday), ate left over tea load with custard, finished chestnuts, 5 clems to go and some French Oinion soup in slow cooker (with a minature brandy from a million years ago (Mum's). Have little idea what is in freezer but have used most of fresh vegs, have discovered salad cream and crisps thanks to folks on here so half a bottle of salad cream now gone. Still trying hard. Have to go shopping tomorrow (Mystery Shopper) but the reduced stuff should be gone by now.
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    made cottage pie today with bits out the cupboards etc. so NSD for me today. 2 portions left over which will do me for lunches on weekends or when i fancy something warm.

bulgar wheat salad for me again tomorrow, OH had ham and pickle sarnies.

I think we'll do chicken sausages (has anyone ever tried these? got them reduced before christmas) jacket potatoes and beans.

I might need to shop tomorrow, as Pup has no food, got a voucher for a free sample sachet of James Wellbeloved though, so could get that in my lunch break.... He likes the lidl dog food so was hoping it would last until my shop there on Thursday...
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Had enchiladas for lunch, breakfast was 3 frubes, ham soup and a wrap for dinner..

I have been keeping a notepad full of what is in my freezers and what i have eaten, been doing it since 24th and i have to say i havent used much when i look at the document on my computer lol! hoping to buy some more veg to fill up the freezer as i empty it, wont be doing anymore using up until the weekend now, have to many meals precooked that need using up.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • kittendothroar
    Options
    I've only just stumbled upon this thread so a bit of a latecomer, hope okay to add something?

I move house, next week but only moved last September so past few months have been a continuous eating through cupboards and freezer etc! Today was no exception - breakfast was a sachet of oats so simple, lunch a cup a soup, dinner was pickled red cabbage from a jar, turkey strips from freezer fried off with mango chutney, carrot and sultana salad - using up my last carrot and the last of some sultanas! Still got a few bits but nearly there!
    I love food, hate waste and have a penchant for sparkly things ::D

Trying to find a work life balance...:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family