We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Student Debt Free Wannabe!

Options

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey, I pay £15 a month for mine at Specsavers, because that's the only opticians where I live! So I figured that's easiest. :confused:
    I just got some good news! :j :T :j The bakery rang and they said they want me to work! So i've got 16 hours next week! :j :j :j :j Plus the hours at the restaurant I've got, I think I'll be okay :) I'm so pleased and slightly relieved. I've just got to curb my spending now!!
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Hey, I pay £15 a month for mine at Specsavers, because that's the only opticians where I live! So I figured that's easiest. :confused:
    I just got some good news! :j :T :j The bakery rang and they said they want me to work! So i've got 16 hours next week! :j :j :j :j Plus the hours at the restaurant I've got, I think I'll be okay :) I'm so pleased and slightly relieved. I've just got to curb my spending now!!
    Nicola x

Thats great news, well done!

I'm on a spending-reduction quest too! My lightbulb has been slowly flickering for a while but i think its just got to full brightness! Need to get the credit cards paid off ASAP - before my PhD studentship runs out and i am income-less :eek:
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :) You're welcome to share my thread and we can help each other! :)
    Nicola x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I have 3 dvds on Ebay, and no bids :( they finish tomorrow. Not impressed :(
    Nicola x
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Still no bids on my items, kinda fed up about that. Still got 10 hours to go though, so fingers crossed.
    Am getting my hair done today, so that'll be quite a bit. Mum said she'll put some money towards it though, bless her :) so I'm off into town in a bit, so I must be careful not to be tempted to spend any money on anything else! I'm going to the quiz tonight with mum, so that's 50p on entry :)
    Nicola x
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Still no bids on my items, kinda fed up about that. Still got 10 hours to go though, so fingers crossed.
    Am getting my hair done today, so that'll be quite a bit. Mum said she'll put some money towards it though, bless her :) so I'm off into town in a bit, so I must be careful not to be tempted to spend any money on anything else! I'm going to the quiz tonight with mum, so that's 50p on entry :)
    Nicola x

Hope you didnt spend too much in town! Haircuts are a pain! Luckily i have a reasonably normal cut and so go to cheapy hairdressers only every 6 months or so.

Have you joined pigsback? Its a good way to earn vouchers for highstreet shops without having to spend a penny! Have a look at the thread on the Freebies board. I'm going to be cheeky now and say if you do decide to join pls PM me first and if you don't mind i'll 'refer' you (and get £5 worth of points for it :o )

I'm going to keep nagging you about learning to cook while u home for easter - its honestly the best thing in the world to do - for your health and bank balance!!! And if you go back to uni with some good recepies you can get your friends round and cook for them on the condition they supply the wine! Plenty of free nights entertainment there :rotfl:
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I am already joined on Pigsback, sorry! :) and I will try and learn to cook :) my hair looks lovely :) even if I do say so! lol :)
    I've just looked on ebay and one of my dvds has a bid, finally! all 3 of them have 5 hours to go, so fingers crossed!
    Nicola x
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    If you have to practice music for 4 hours a day can't you busk?
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    I play classical piano, so that could be a bit of a problem.. good idea for other instruments though :)
    Nicola x
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    tealady wrote: »
    If you have to practice music for 4 hours a day can't you busk?

:rotfl: thats a great idea! maybe i could sing on the streets .. im damn sure people would pay me to shut up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure