We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Incineration of paper and branches in garden! Help Please!

Options

Comments

• Blackpool_Saver
    Blackpool_Saver Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    is that all it takes, that sounds like a good idea. i will do that, our recycling gets collected in special bags by the council which makes it easier so can bag up, and then put out for collection with no worry.

it must be very difficult for you when your out and about. x

It can be, if the car in front is emitting a lot of smoke from the exhaust I close the windows and heater vents ! same with road works, get past quick !! x
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    By the way, I hope you are feeling a bit better than you were when you chose your username

Thank you, I am getting there, this forum has really helped me and I am meeting wonderful people on here. After lots of lurking I decided to start a diary and the baby steps I am taking is picking me up but I do have my down days. I dont feel as lost when I am on here but its just generally out and about.

Thank you. xx
    :j DMP started on 1st Oct 11 - 6 yrs 0 mths till DFD :j
    May 2018 Debt free date - Mission to clear before!
    Depression is a challenge, Debt is a challenge and I have been given these challenges to be a stronger person. Focus and determination is the key with hard work!
  • Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    It can be, if the car in front is emitting a lot of smoke from the exhaust I close the windows and heater vents ! same with road works, get past quick !! x

So you really need to think about each small thing and preventions as they arise. I hope it improves xxxx
    Depression is a challenge, Debt is a challenge and I have been given these challenges to be a stronger person. Focus and determination is the key with hard work!
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Blackpool_Saver Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, I am getting there, this forum has really helped me and I am meeting wonderful people on here. After lots of lurking I decided to start a diary and the baby steps I am taking is picking me up but I do have my down days. I dont feel as lost when I am on here but its just generally out and about.

Thank you. xx

Yeah I know that feeling, stay in touch, will check back later see how you are getting on xx
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    Yeah I know that feeling, stay in touch, will check back later see how you are getting on xx

Thank you so much for your help and kind words. I will let you know. xx
  • Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!!
  • Daisymaisy
    Daisymaisy Posts: 227 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 May 2011 at 1:27PM
    Options
    what a wonderful idea, freecycle? not heard of that. x

The point of it is to give away items you no longer require completely free rather than sending them to landfill. You can also ask for items others may have and wish to give away that you need. Over the years I have been luck enough to receive a dishwasher, roof bars for my car, some shelving units, a kettle, an A3 printer and ink cartriges, wine racks, dishwasher tablets, a dustbuster, plant pots and other stuff that hasn't come to mind. I have also given away stuff too :). The upside is that when you have something to get rid of they come to you and just take it away :j the downside is that sometimes people don't turn up :(.

When I joined there was only Freecycle : freecycle.org but there has been a break away by some freecycle groups to http://www.ilovefreegle.org/ so depending on where you are based depends on whether your local group is on freegle or freecycle.
  • Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    Daisymaisy wrote: »
    The point of it is to give away items you no longer require completely free rather than sending them to landfill. You can also ask for items others may have and wish to give away that you need. Over the years I have been luck enough to receive a dishwasher, roof bars for my car, some shelving units, a kettle, an A3 printer and ink cartriges, wine racks, dishwasher tablets, a dustbuster, plant pots and other stuff that hasn't come to mind. I have also given away stuff too :). The upside is that when you have something to get rid of they come to you and just take it away :j the downside is that sometimes people don't turn up :(.

When I joined there was only Freecycle : freecycle.org but there has been a break away by some freecycle groups to http://www.ilovefreegle.org/ so depending on where you are based depends on whether your local group is on freegle or freecycle.

wow thank you so much, I need to get myself joined to this site! its brilliant! thank you. you have got some really great things. xx
  • Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    usbbellek5 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. an interesting topic. + rep

I have got some amazing tips from this thread, I am so pleased and want to thank everyone!
  • Lost_and_nervous
    Options
    Well fase 1 of the confidential paperwork clear out is completed, I have put a bag (not the only bag I have to get rid of!!) into a big bin, filled with lots of water and squished it all down. Will go out and check it in a bit. I am very impressed at how easy the first part was! Think may get shovel to get it out when its ready.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure