PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Monday 4th December 2006

Options

Comments

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I'm really really peeved tonight. :mad:

I think we're headed for a draw in the second cricket match. :D Looks like you lot pulled your socks up. :p

DH has gone up to the house tonight. I declined the invitation. :rolleyes: I have a headache. :D

Well think I might go and have my shower and read a magazine. DD bought her rubbishy ones home tonight. I expect it will be about Pammy, Britney, Paris etc etc. Such rot but it's free :D so I can't complain. Byeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• debtfreehopeful_2
    Options
    Morning all

hope your all well and to those who arent hugs

Happy birthhday Jessica, hope there werent any others i missed

my jobs for the day are:

[STRIKE]Ironing - delegated to dh on drs orders, what a shame :D[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean hob[/STRIKE]
    Bake cookies and [STRIKE]tea loaf[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Living room hotspots[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Living room dusting[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Change sheets[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty bins[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Hoover through[/STRIKE]
    Mop
    [STRIKE]Clean mirrors[/STRIKE]
    Washing up
    [STRIKE]12[/STRIKE] 10 pages course reading
    phone hypnobirthing and freecycle ladies

Not much then!

Sue
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Not much to say really this week.
    I actually defrosted the freezer during the week.The whole sink was filled to the brim with ice afterwards and a whole shelf of the freezer was empty when I put it all back(the food not the ice :) ).
    Started my gingerbeer yesterday,so should have a nice lot for christmas.
    Today I need to get some milk as I forgot to get any in Asda's yesterday.
    I am going to get OH a nectar card in Sainsbury's as he gets a lot of petrol for commuting and we discovered he can get nectar points with BP.
    DS has had 2 offers from universities for next september. He is very pleased as they were his first 2 choices.All he needs to do now is get the grades.
    DD has only just gone off to college this morning so I have the place to myself now until about 3.45.
    We did our Costco shop yesterday and came home with a huge ham.
    OH tends to grab things from the shelves on a whim and I had to keep saying, thats cheaper in Asda's.Honestly it is like having a great big toddler with me sometimes.
    Well I suppose I'd better get something done,
    Bye for now
    Culpepper
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :santa2: Morning!

Happy Birthday Jessica!:bdaycake:

Snowy I am sure your life is busy and hectic enough in your new job especially at this time of year! You deserve a bit of piece and quiet when you get home (((hugs)))

PP - definately curtains for warmth, especially if they are lined.

Kiwi - Well done on raising such a large amount of money! :T

Day 4 of Christmas decorating has meant a climb up into the loft for OH and I now have my fibre optic tree to put together:j I love this! Now where can I put it?:confused: maybe in the conservatory?

Today I have to make up some vegetable soup before the next veg box turns up. Might have to cancel it so that I can play catch up and also use up more stuff from the freezers. I also want to print up recipe that kethry linked to for speculaas cookies (Thank you Kethry!:A ) I spent 3 years of my childhood in Germany and remember loving these and I have one of the wooden cookie moulds in a windmill shape ready to use.

I need to tackle the ironing pile as it is now the size of a coffee table!

Have a lovely day!

Catz x
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: OS'ers:hello:

:grouphug:If you need one :grouphug:

:bdaycake:to the little birthday girl :bdaycake:

Just back from the Doctors, no more pills for at least a month, give my system time to recover a bit, then we will see, I had lost all of 1lb very disappointing!!!!!!

Nice bright sunny morning clear and cold, love it!!!!! OH is out for an hour or so, big pot of leek and lentil soup on for lunch, some sort of salad for tea, will do some cous cous for OH, I'll have mine without. Took the sausage out the freezer for tomorrows sausage and bean casserole.............

A bit of ironing to do later, will whizz round with the duster this morning, the sun is showing the dust up on the dresser.........

Need a trip to Wilkos for padded envelopes for presents to go to US must be posted this week....also a birthday card for sgd on 9th......

Maybe a trip to Aldi this afternoon for 4 bottles of their wine in the blue bottle......love it, so nice with pork or poultry. Had looked at an all in one scanner they had on offer but decided against it.........will wait and see whats in the sales after the hols...........I have a seperate scanner and printer, takes up a lot of room.

Right off for a :coffee: (tea) and then get on with some jobs...........
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Morning guys :j

I'm typing this from work, trying very hard to keep my eyes open - I went to see George Michael last night and we didn't get home till 12.30am :eek: George was absolutely amazing, I had such a fantastic night :D

DD stayed at a friends house last night so her mum took them to school and I haven't seen her since yesterday afternoon, when I dropped her off at a party, what a busy social life for an 8 year old :D

Back to OS, tonight's tea will be sausage and pasta bake that we didn't have on Saturday, and I have a mound of ironing to tackle.

Put my decs up on Saturday, so the lounge looks lovely.

(((((hugs))))) to all
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Peem
    Peem Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all (just)

Happy Birthday little miss DLB

Need to get this house completely straight. Once it's sorted I can start to think about the tree. We'll probably put it up at the weekend, would have waited til the week after normally, but the kids have started moaning already.

Kids are forgiven for not eating totally unhealthy jam muffins for breakfast yesterday, they ploughed through their totally healthy porridge thismorning with minimal prompting.

Hoping some parcels come today - DH decided he and I would get a joint pressie of an iPOD this year (just what I wanted - yeah right). So that's due today or tomorrow, and DS's nintendo DS is also due. No matter what they'll arrive when I'm not in for 5 mins and mr grumpy next door will have to take them.

Take care everyone - I'm off to sort out the basked in the living room - goodness knows what I'll find. Homes and Gardens from 1999 anyone?
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you ejoyed the gig, stressedoutmum

Happy Birthday Miss dlb!!
    I remember my 4th birthday - I was flying to spain, and I had a bright pink beach basket full of my presents. I went round and told everyone in the airport and on the flight that it was my 4th birthday!! :rotfl:

Pink I hope you saved the goose fat to do your roasties in! Gooses are far too cute to be eaten imho, but roasties done in goose fat mmmmm :drool:

Today, going to finish off my meal plan and shopping list, then proceed to do the shopping - that means going to Lidl, Somerfield, Morrisons and Sainsburys and then doing the major Tesco shop online. Not going to Asda because it's miles away!

Other than that: apply for more jobs, do more Ebay listings, ignore the ironing a bit more.

Depending on what OH's mood is this afternoon, I want to hang the mirror in my hall (again :rolleyes:) and write some Christmas cards

Breakfast: Porridge
    Lunch: Sandwich
    Dinner: Goulash
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blairweech wrote:
    Pink I hope you saved the goose fat to do your roasties in! Gooses are far too cute to be eaten imho, but roasties done in goose fat mmmmm :drool:

I did! That was the only downside to cooking goose......I seemed to spend all of yesterday afternoon draining off the fat and the kitchen got really smokey. I had to keep the top half of the back door open, even though it was blowing a gale out there.

I've got a whole pudding basin of fat in the fridge now but the roasties yesterday were the best I've ever made. Does anyone know how long I can keep the goose fat for?

Thanks,

Pink
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can probably freeze chunks of it...?
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport