PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Monday 4th December 2006

Options

Comments

• Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone, Hope we are well

It was windy here last night, but not as bad as some regions Ive just seen on GMTV.

OH had to walk to work this morning, I dont think the mechanic turned up on Saturday to look at his car (after breaking down on Friday night) , I didn't ask either, as we're still not talking - lol.

Not much planned for today Im afraid, other than work later, just hope the other girl pulls her weight. Im not in the best of moods today.

Happy Birthday MISS DLB (Jessica)

Have alovely day all, take care
    Love as usual
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    i cant belive your still not talking crazychik!!

Hope you make up soon
    xx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Mrs_A.
    Mrs_A. Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning everyone,
    hope all the ill people feel better soon, happy birthday to everyone who has one and huge hugs to those who need them.
    busy day ahead for me
    got to get road tax for ds number 2 car, buy stamps to post xmas cards i spend all weekend writing out (early i know but it get them out of the way), pop into my cousins for a cuppa and catch up, swat for an exam i have on tuesday night, working for 3 hours this afternoon for a family friend, dive home and throw a healthy meal together for tea and if i get time do some washing and drying of clothes, put ironing away and a quick tidy up of house.
    ah well it all adds to the fun
    oh nearly forgot battle the gales that we are having at the moment
    hope everyone has a brilliant day
    regards
    mrs a
    ps nearly forgot, must update my signature at some point too xx
    total debt jan 06= £15441.97 dfw nerd no 112 proud to be dealing with my debts.
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone, and ((((hugs)))) to all that need them.

Well I must make a start on Christmas today, absolutely nothing prepared yet and I have to buy forty odd presents!:eek: Actually that's a lie I've bought 2 presents! The house is nowhere near ready for decorating yet, but I never put the tree up this early. I must have a real tree:D Really don't mind if I have other decs or not as long as I have my tree!! (never really grown up:rolleyes: ) When I was a young adult still living at home,one year my mum bought a second tree because the first one had lost all its needles and I had got upset!:o :o I'll go and get the tree today or tomorrow then it can stand in a bucket of water outside for another week.

Kiwichick must congratulate you on your fantastic success!! That's serious money you've raised there, you must be feeling very proud of yourself!!:D :T

[IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!/cat/13/13_10_6.gif[/IMG]to Jessica!!!!

Well must get off, grab a quick coffee and then onwards and upwards!

Have a great day all!

CMx

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Blimey, page 2 on the threads already and it isn't even 9 am yet!

Well, alarm went off at 6 am today and I was really chuffed with myself because I felt wide-awake, hit snooze for 10 mins, woke up past 8am :doh: Now, should I assume it will just be one of those days, or try to be more positive!

I think I'll go along with the OS thread daily optimism instead :)

Still at home, with TD on waiting to leave so can get to work at 10 am. My contract ended on Friday, new one today and was worried my pass wouldn't work....so need to wait until everyone else arrives incase they have to sign me in.

crazychick - hope you and OH talk again soon, silences can be rather stressful!

Happy birthday to Jessica :bdaycake:

Snowy and cheerfullness4 - I hope your tummys feel better soon, here's a calming mug of peppermint tea for you :coffee:

Guess I had better get ready for work :(

Have good days MPxx
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Anniebooklover and Mrs mix, we have an Asda and a Sainsbury's near by, so I will seek out some stardrops there.

Forgot to say that ds is off school today with a tummy bug. I was helping at his school on friday and 3 children were complaining of poorly tummies and a couple were off school with the same thing. There must be something going around. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning lovely peeps :wave: :wave:

Been up and in the office since the crack of .. this morning (well early for me anyway nothing compared to some of you olympic early birds:D ) Only just treated myself to OS otherwise the day just slips by and I get no work done!!

My trusty printer is kicking out workbooks like..........well like a trusty printer kicks workbooks out really :) I normally hate my workbook days because of amount of tedious work it takes to put the printed stuff in the files with everyones name neatly cut and placed in the spine (and that in itself is a work of art:rotfl: ) its sounds ok but when you've done 10 it starts to get a bit boring, today I have over 100! - and dont get me on laminating certificates:rolleyes: Anyway I have decided to get someone in to do my workbooks today so my neighbours nephew starts work at 4 this afternoon :j :j :j :j I may just file my nails and watch:rotfl: Seriously its such a relief I can get on with something that doesnt send me to sleep and he earns a bit of pocket money - think I will need to watch the first couple of attempts though but hes a really nice lad and very keen to work so I think I should be ok

Made a big veg and beef casseroley thing last night in the SC with all the left overs so again I have enough food to feed the whole OS community for lunch so give me a shout if you are hungry!!

Will the tree go up today?? Your guess is as good as mine;)

Wanty - hope you got your brew finally and the jelly came off;)
    Happy Birthday Jessica have a lovely day:j
    Aussie Lass - I agree about your red wine its unbeatable:beer: but ill maybe wait till after midday:rotfl:

Twink - what a gorgeous avvy

Hope you all have a wonderful monday
    Nels xx
  • pennineman
    pennineman Posts: 1,973 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Up at 6:15, :xmassmile sorted BIG cat out, fed and let out; toasted penninewoman's toast; rang the upstairs' phone to get penninewoman out of bed; :snow_laug collected missing bits and pieces for her and saw her off to work; showered and then drove (sorry) down to Post Sorting office (at 8 a.m.) to collect post they were holding for me; went to Co-op for Guardian and ended up buying half the store again . . . . .

Now here on PC and need to do all the jobs penninewoman asked me to do - like find the Access help sheet we did last year for her students and print out some class lists for her in the format she wants.

EDIT: Post's just been. Polar Exploration catalogue from Sotheran's of Sackville Street. I've had a quick glance. Anyone got £2.5K to help me recycle an old photo from Scott's Last Expedition?? :D :rolleyes:

Have a great and not too windy day everyone.

Pennine
    Where now?
  • Icemaiden
    Options
    Morning all:wave:

Well both children fighting fit and back at school today so we can get on with the festival action.:xmastree:

Need to pre-order the turkey, beef, gammon, pork pies & all veg from the farm shop to be picked up on the 23rd Dec, could do with calling in rather than ringing to give exact instructions.

Happy Birthday to Jessica:bdaycake:

Right need to get myself moving,

Hugs to all, take care

Ice
    x
    Rebel No 22
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone! :hello:

Mr Pink was really kind this morning and got the children up and organised and did all three school runs to let me have a lie in. So I feel really refreshed today. :)

The weather over the weekend was terrible here…..wet and stormy, so I didn't venture out of the house much at all. I know I’m going to regret it later this week because I’d hoped to do more shopping for Christmas. Oh well, Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a last minute panic in the Pink household. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I cooked a goose for the first time. It was delicious and there was much more meat on it than I thought there would be......it fed six with quite a bit left over The bones are simmering now to make stock. The smell reminds me of the turkey cooking on Christmas morning. :drool:

I don't have much planned today…..It’s month end in work and, just for a change, I have left all my paperwork until the last minute. :o So that will keep me busy for much of the day.

Snowy and Cheerfulness, I hope you both feel better soon.
    Kiwi, £1800 profit is some achievement!
    Penny Pincher, I'd opt for the curtains too….they really will make a difference.
    Happy Birthday Jessica! :bdaycake:

Have a good day everybody! :)

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills