🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

From 4 to 5....and now from 5 to 6 cats..

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks to whoever got my thread about dogwalker reported/deleted........

How nasty....
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully today goes well and you find a suitable dog walker.

I was thinking last night about what I would do in your situation and I really don't know. It has made me realise I could do with thinking about what I would do if I was out of work for a bit and come up with a back-up plan.

Crossing my fingers for you!
  • cheekyweegit
    cheekyweegit Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm one of the many lurkers who you never fail to bring a smile to with you and your animals antics. (PS how is Lucy?)

Anyway this is just to say I wish you well for your op and a speedy recovery! but please don't rush thing, if you need more time so be it, and it may be worth looking into arnica as it is supposed to help healing and can be bought from Holland & Barrat or Boots.

Oh and the way Zara cuddles up and mothers your cats makes me melt every time.

Looking forward to more antics when you're fully recovered.
  • StudioBeau
    StudioBeau Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to whoever got my thread about dogwalker reported/deleted........

How nasty....

I was looking for it to see how it went!

Any news yet?
  • OnAndUp
    OnAndUp Posts: 981 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope everything goes as well as possible. :)

Take care & big hugs to you and all the furry ones.........I'm waiting here for Teddy to appear on eBay!!! :p
    "Things can only get better.................c/o D:Ream #The 90's :D"
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

One completely not suitable (does not have any proof of address as he lives here on a basis of house sitting other people's houses - so he said.. hmmmm)

One possible.

Third one I am seeing on Thursday.....
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Although I will be at home, I was told no way I should take Zara out by myslef for several weeks so the dog walker stays in place as usual.

(((hugs))) hun ...... you know we'll all be thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery.

I was very lucky following my surgery last year - my next door neighbour took Ben out for a walk nearly every single day for 9 weeks :T - and that's despite working very long hours and having his own dog to walk (his is a "puller" and he couldn't manage both together so it was 2 separate walks). He's an absolute star and I'm very lucky to have had his help. DM came up a couple of times a week so Ben got longer walks those days (and neighbour got a a very deserved day off).

Fingers crossed for the dog walker......
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    That makes it 7 weeks off... I only have 1 month full pay and 2 months half pay so will have to be back at work (somehow) before 1 month is up.. strauggling as it is on current salary (love the job though) and no way I can afford to fall into the half pay.

Meant to say - how much are your travelling costs as the savings on these should help a bit if you do have to go to 1/2 pay.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Travelling is not that much to compare to half salary...

Will have to make sure I am up and running within a month, somehow...

Positive thoughts only...

Thanks
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with the op doesn't sound very nice glad you have your dd and her bf to move in with you. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery I'm another one that have loved following Lucy and the rest of your brood.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Jun £30K + £12K added to pension & £1850 withdrawn) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2026 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport