PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    BadgerLady - wow, well done

Rummer - I would lurve to have enough space in our garden to grow veggies but we don't although last year we grew Potatoes in our front garden!! Neighbours thought we were Barbara and Tom from the Good Life on tv lol. I'm going to order Onions and Potatoes from that site Alan something [have it bookmarked]

Off to get the kiddies from their Dad's now

Catch ya laters gators

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer - of course chocolate is one of your 5 a day - chocolate is made form cocoa beans and beans are good for you and are practically a vegetable! Job done.

:rotfl:Like your logic!

Badgerlady, that's just amazing. Well done! :T
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Options
    Bearcub - you must have misunderstood my post. I`m not depressed (thank God!) just Happily Idle when I can get away with it! I do feel a bit glum and CBA at times, like the other day, but mostly I`m just an incurable optimist. I can`t help snapping out of the occasional glums, and I occasionally get moaned at for being `irritatingly cheerful` even when there`s no good reason to be! I do deeply sympathise with anyone who suffers from real depression though. My thing with eating at lunchtime - feeling dopey afterwards - is probably about my metabolism.

Snookey - no shame on you at all. So, you slept till the afternoon - but you were up and busy very late. That`s like doing half a night shift, and you wouldn`t feel ashamed to sleep that off. Just because the work you did was in your home and not out at a job, why should you feel apologetic?

Lovelycats - (hugs) - I hate it when something major breaks down in the house (or the car) because I think `what next?`. I usually find a major repair or replacement comes just at a time when there are other bills or some other appliance goes wrong as well.

BadgerLady - well done. Your `before` picture looks TIDY compared with my bedroom at present!

SoupDragon - I love your chickens` names. Many years ago we had 6 hens, 5 brown and one black. The black hen was the bossy one, and DS then in his teens called her `Attila the Hen`. The other 5 were then referred to as `the Attillery`. All 6 of them were called `Ladies` - and they`d all come running when we shouted that.

I`m off to do OH`s snappins then taking him to work. Will have an early night then as I`m up at 6 - 2 `longday` shifts coming up. So NO chance of any major tidying like I`d promised myself I`d do while he`s on nights. Maybe next week... if I was as good at doing stuff as I am at making excuses for not doing then I`d be on the Flyladies thread...
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have cooked dinner, put on the laundry and the dishwasher and I am going to read for a while. Been a dreadful day here. The rabbit died and I am devastated. There has then been a seemingly never ending catalogue of disasters since then. Not the relaxing day of peace I had been planning.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • bearcub
    Options
    Oh, I'm sorry, Rummer. It's awful when a pet dies, isn't it? <hugs>
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer - huge hugs hun x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Thanks Emm-pickle

Oh rummer that's sad news. Animals leave such a hole when they go. Make sure you keep thinking about all the positive memories that he/she has given you.

Know what you mean about disasters. My family and I have lurched from one to another over past few months and it shows no signs of letting up just yet.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer, so sorry about your rabbit - thinking of you too.

Well done Badgerlady, bet that feels great! If only my [STRIKE]junk pits[/STRIKE] spare bedrooms were half as tidy to start with :eek:

Ok I have:

done hair colour
    shopped for some bits and pieces I needed
    fixed rickety fence
    submitted meter readings
    filled bird feeders (had two redpolls munching away on nyger seeds in the afternoon)
    done one load of washing, hung up to dry, second load on
    cooked two chicken portions in the SC to use in lunches for next week
    put gammon on to soak ready to go in SC for evening meals for next week
    practiced crochet on the ball of t shirt yarn I made yesterday

I'm now being lazy for the rest of the evening, will clean out cat litter tray tomorrow.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you x
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • bearcub
    Options
    Bearcub - you must have misunderstood my post. I`m not depressed (thank God!) just Happily Idle when I can get away with it! .

Oops! Sorry, Emms, I obviously did misunderstand. Huge apologies. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport