PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MessyMare wrote: »
    Oooh Rummer, what seedlings are you planting? I'm supposed to be planting this year as we have our very own garden, but I really haven't got a clue! I need to throw myself at the mercy of my very old school Aunt who knows about these things

Come and join us on the daydream thread!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Rummer - so sorry to hear about your rabbit - losing a pet is so upsetting as I well know. Huge cyber hug to you.

Messy what lovely rats - I adore them, but I can't have more pets atm (2 dogs + 6 cats + 10 snakes nevermind the chickens) but we had rats when my daughter was young and they made wonderful pets.

Stew was successfully cooked for dinner (OH didn't realise I'd used up all the odds and ends of veg that he'd normall throw in the compost) and he actually came back for more! Did manage to tidy up after myself as I went along which is quite an achievement.

Take care all
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Lovely pictures, I used to keep rats. Such smart pets.

no tidying done here unless you count putting away the decorations.

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Great photos of rats and doggie

Our Dog has gone to bed and he's in a right state over the Hamster - he's so upset he piddled all over the kitchen floor [never done that before]and sat there shaking!! This could be the mistake of the Century - mixing Dog and Hamster! Hamster is now in son's bedroom but I foresee probs there cos of the noise through the night, my Mum may have to have the Hammy over at hers, DS will be most peed off at that and have the hump with the Dog - kids, dogs and Hammys don't mix

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • susan6780
    susan6780 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Awww just love Roger's eyes:D:D:D:D
    Today we've hoovered, dusted, tidied up etc etc.The house looks empty without xmas decs, and will be even emptier when I declutter a lot of my books due to getting a kindle:T:T:T:TI have a massive bookcase full at the mo:o:o:o

Don't throw the books away,theres a site that buys them but i can't remember what it's called now,try We Buy Books? :money:
  • susan6780
    susan6780 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs Rummer,it's awful to lose a member of the family :( xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Great photos of rats and doggie

Our Dog has gone to bed and he's in a right state over the Hamster - he's so upset he piddled all over the kitchen floor [never done that before]and sat there shaking!! This could be the mistake of the Century - mixing Dog and Hamster! Hamster is now in son's bedroom but I foresee probs there cos of the noise through the night, my Mum may have to have the Hammy over at hers, DS will be most peed off at that and have the hump with the Dog - kids, dogs and Hammys don't mix

Helen x

You can get wooden wheels - Karlie I think they are called or the Slient Spinners type both are v quiet. Or this sounds a bit mental but could you show the Dog the hamster? perhaps after you have had the hamster a bit longer and he/she is used to being handled. or showing the dog the hamster in his/her hamster ball? Maybe the dog needs to know what it is in the cage? Obviously this can be risky and depends on your dog, we always showed our dog the pets we had and he was fab with all of them.

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You have all been so terribly kind to me today and I am increadibly grateful for your support. Her really was a special boy and had won a place in all our hearts. At least we know his time with us was happy and full of love.

The kitchen is now in order and the living room has remained respectable. I can see that the laundry mountain has slimmed down a bit and I have been keeping the bathroom sparkly. Made a decent start on the bedroom which really wasn't too bad. The main places now that need to be tackled are my DD room and the dining room which is very scary :eek:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • merlot123
    merlot123 Posts: 720 Forumite
    Options
    susan6780 wrote: »
    Don't throw the books away,theres a site that buys them but i can't remember what it's called now,try We Buy Books? :money:

zapper.co.uk are quite good for buying second hand books.
  • merlot123
    merlot123 Posts: 720 Forumite
    Options
    Rummer, I am so sorry to read about your bunny.

Thinking of you.xxxxxx.
    merlot123
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family