PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2012 at 3:44PM
    Options
    Afternoon all! You've all posted so much, I really can't remember most of what's been said since yesterday evening, but I do thank you for your welcome.

Laurel, huge hugs to you, and wouldn't you want to cry for the loss of a youngster you've known? The teacher daughter of my best friend had the same happen to a child in her class. Knocked her sideways for a while.

I'm glad to hear that Rummer's decided just how she's going to include chocolate in a balanced diet! :rotfl:

And, Emm, I do sympathise about the depression. It's sodifficult to make yourself do anything, isn't it, and even more difficult to care!

I've wanted a dog since I was 7, but it's never been the right time. We thought, once we got here, with all the sea and country walks, we at last get our dog. As it is, our cat is senile and totally deaf, and is scared of birds, so I hate to think what effect a dog would have on her. Our house isn't big enough for her to get away. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get one when we lose Gilly, but I'm not holding my breath. We do have one spikey and one with exceptionally long haired guinea pigs, though. And, of course, we have a horse and a pony, both rescues, that take up a lot of time, and a fair amount of money. Wouldn't be without them though.

Waste basket now emptied, most mags sorted. :)
  • PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to be having a lazy day! But so far I've...

1. washed up the pots from yesterdays tea and tidied the kitchen
    2. folded up and delivered one load of washing back to bedrooms
    3. sorted the laundry and washed the black clothes
    4. put the white clothes on to wash
    5. cleaned out and fed the rabbits
    6. replaced toothbrushes with new ones
    7. emptied bins and replaced with empty carrier bags

It doesnt seem too lazy once I've written them down! :D
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Sceptre
    Sceptre Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :)

Been awol for a couple of days, so haven't caught up with all the posts yet. You guys have been really busy!

YORKSHIRELASS - your post made me smile. I had a 'sofa technician' come to the house yesterday at short notice. I was literally running about in a panic. What if he asks to use the loo? What if he pulls the sofa out?. Is there carp behind it? :eek:

OMG, I nearly gave myself a coronary.

Today, in my quest to try and sort out my back room, I bravely took the cream curtains - that I took down a year ago and bunged in black sacks - to the dry cleaners. They are embarrassing :o. The poor woman in there said that they weren't the worst she had seen - I think she was fibbing. ;)

Oh well, I'll keep plodding on. :)
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Oh my god Iv only just emerged from my bed. I think that maybe I took my tablets twice but Im not sure and thats whats knocked me out. I dont think Ill get much done today althoughto be fair I did a bit last night.
    I know that feeling of laying awake worrying about how people will find the house. I tend to rush around the day before cleaning and hiding stuff so it looks tidy.
    Ill look in later when Im wide awake,oh the shame!.
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Well, spoke to alarm engineer over phone. Temporarily sorted alarm until he comes out Monday. Phew. No need to worry about locking all the doors upstairs. THEN mum and dad phone to say they're coming round... Back to panicking again, but then I realise there's not that much to do, as I'd started yesterday.
    SO I've:
    1. filled back of car with card and 2 bags of rubbish to take to tip
    2. sorted through the toiletries in my bedroom and categorised them (next needs to be the bathroom...)
    3. put together 4 items to list on eBay in a bit
    4. wiped down the kitchen units
    5. done 2 lots of washing
    6. hoovered landing, stairs and downstairs
    7. swept the hay in conservatory

Dad looked at my fridge and couldn't get it to work either. Does that mean I DO need a new fridge after all....? I have to wait til Monday evening to find out - after the repair man has come...
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Loaded DD's van with stuff that needed taking to the dump :T then shopped and bought brackets to put up plate rack and shelves tomorrow. After this sorting and tidying can hopefully start.

Was going to start tidying study, but sat down to read missed posts which has taken up the allotted time (such a shame ;)).

Rummer - of course chocolate is one of your 5 a day - chocolate is made form cocoa beans and beans are good for you and are practically a vegetable! Job done.

Going out soon to see to the chickens (Scruffy, Merrill and Boudica) they will need a clean (it's funny how my animals live in tidier accommodation than I do apart from dogs and cats who cause some of the mess).

Onward and upwards everyone.
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    I'm changing the title of this whole thread to 'my home is falling apart'.
    In the space of a week, my house alarm has broken down, my fridge has broken down and my top oven has died.
    Would you believe it!?
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In case it inspires anyone, here's what I did today:
    beforeandafter_before.png

beforeandafter_after.png

beforeandafter_afterthat.png
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Well done Badger Lady - what a transformation..... :T:T:T

I like the idea of before and after photographic evidence, however would need to locate camera within all the clutter first!
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Oh well done, BadgerLady! Good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills