PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    KT rah rah rah! KT rah rah rah! Go cheerleader :D

I have gotten my kitchen back in order watching the RW today and will be going upstairs back to the room of doom after I take DS2's friend home.

You are all doing so well :D I got my husband in children out into the garden last night and did a good job of clearing up and organising, it looks so much better today and I am looking forward to seeing my patio being finished soon :)
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • level200
    level200 Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    KT my comment is not mean at all, I was offering advice!
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    If it were only advice we wanted there are plenty of other threads where we could get this.

What we have thanks to BB's original idea is a group of us supporting and encouraging in a non judgemental spirit of co-operation. We know we do not have perfectly clean and tidy houses, and I certainly don't have a domestic gene in my body to achieve this. Our baby steps are helping us to slowly rein in the clutter, mess and day to day untidiness.

Your comment is less than encouraging, so if that is your only contribution perhaps you would be happier looking at the other threads where domestic godesses achieve all their goals and live in tidy, clutter free homes.
  • Taliahmai
    Taliahmai Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Whoop whoop i finally got my kitchen gleaming....well clean n tidy anyhow lol, and to boot i also did my dining room and redid my living room, so my downstairs is now all tidy :):) as long as no one wants to venture upstairs then im all good lol. Only got my oldest this weekend as he didnt want to go to his dads, so im going to take him to cinema tomorow ad spend some time with him. I ccant wait! Then im at a meatloaf tribute night whoo hoo :)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,311 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I feel so much better knowing other people dont move things like fridges and washing machines. Mind you, if you stand in a certain place in our utility room you can see down the back of the fridge freezer - and it looks really dirty. I suppose I could just clean the bit that you can see, but kind of feel that I may as well move it and clean behind it properly.

I feel really tired today. Went to hospital on Wednesday and my sons blood tests results were not as good as expected, so all thats whirling around in my brain. Still managed to do some decluttering though, I have sorted out the shelf above the microwave, it took about half an hour and looks so much better - why havent I dont it before now?

Yesterday I took some stuff to the skips and with hubbys help we have moved everything off the patio this afternoon and pressure washed it. Actually hubby did most of it because I really didnt want to be bothered.

I also stripped the beds and have done some washing, just need to go and make them all back up again now. Oh and just noticed that the computer desk is a disaster, how did that happen - and why is there a ball of wool sitting on the phone??? Might need to get DS to sort this out, its mostly his mess.

Glad your DD is on the mend snookey. Hope everyone else has achieved at least one small thing today.
  • Taliahmai
    Taliahmai Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    yorkshirelass....just dont let people stand there haha
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your sons blood test Yorkshire lass . Hope he gets better soon.

Iv just put on a wash ,well redone it as I forgot to take it out of the machine yesterday. Im forever doing this and having to wash it again.
    Iv done nothing else today though. Lazy !!!!! ,lol.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me too!!!

My god that is some list - are you sure you are a messy???

Yes :o

I did get the desk and computer moved and the crib moved into the gap. No decorating I'm afraid, but just about to do the alterations.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • icelandic_queen
    Options
    Can I join you ladies? I have recently got a job as a cleaner in a lovely place and after some initial problems I have now settled in but guess what? My house is now a tiphead!! What makes it worse is that the people I work for think that I"m some kind of cleaning freak!! If only they knew! I feel a bit of a fraud. I'm goin g to make a list after I finish my glass of wine and when the kids are back to school next week (they get shockingly long holidays here in NI) then I will get stuck in. No point rushing it!!
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Yorkshirelass I do hope your DS picks up soon. It sounds as though you have got a lot done to me.

I now have a pile of filing, assorted miscellaneous items to put away and then I will have a clear desk for the first time for ages. Also cleared the kitchen table and scrubbed it (pine farmhouse style table so easy to scrub). Weather forecast is rainy for tomorrow, so after shopping will have no excuse to potter out there :o and will need to focus on indoor jobs.

Hall has remained tidy (not sure how) and without rain no doggy paw prints. Aim for weekend is to clean bathroon and tackle some more of bedroom as I've started so I'll finish.

Main problem is I get distracted. Was tidying desk and noticed a beautiful orb web spider spinning a web, so spent time watchin this instead of sorting. I'm sure Nigella would have whisked it away, but it's now joined my happy spidery pets.

Sounds as though everyone is moving forward which is great and encourages me to keep going (I do need regular encouragement or I just give up).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure