PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• hart44
    hart44 Posts: 1,610 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join you ladies? I have recently got a job as a cleaner in a lovely place and after some initial problems I have now settled in but guess what? My house is now a tiphead!! What makes it worse is that the people I work for think that I"m some kind of cleaning freak!! If only they knew! I feel a bit of a fraud. I'm goin g to make a list after I finish my glass of wine and when the kids are back to school next week (they get shockingly long holidays here in NI) then I will get stuck in. No point rushing it!!

Me too joining in :D I have read some of the pages and it sounds like me :o
    I too am a cleaner, I work at 2 lovely homes of very busy people and also I work as a cleaner 5 evenings in a play and party center and I was beginning to think I will need a cleaner for my home as after I get home Im shattered and everything here just gets dumped in my bedroom or the living room :o
    I did spend 2 & 1/2 hours cleaning my bathroom but my bedroom is causing me so much concern I don't know where to start :o
    I live in a little 2 bed cottage (4 of us in it) so not a lot of room to swing a mouse really and storage is my biggest prob (and I sew a lot so fabric taking over my dinning area :o)
    Help :( please :rotfl:
    Getting myself sorted 1 day/1thing at a time :) and Love sewing :)
    "Sewing fills my days,
    not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
    ~ Author Unknown
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Taliahmai wrote: »
    yorkshirelass....just dont let people stand there haha

Oh that made me laugh, maybe I should dump a pile of clutter there so people have to walk around it and not look behind the freezer!!!
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2011 at 10:10PM
    Options
    Hi to the new messy heads that have joined. Im begining to think that there are more messy heads out there than neat Nora,s .
    My oh has been sorting out the back yard so it seems its rubbing off. Ill have to try and do the things I said I would like the cellar and bathroom drawers. I know if I dont Ill lose the motivation.
    Talking about the freezer Iv a load of paint cans stoared next to it. Iv mentioned to oh about putting shelves in what was the outside toilet to store them. At least they will be tidy .
    level200
    post_old.gifIv looked back on some of your posts and you are quiet sharp with people. I think you need to think before posting. People on here are supporting each other not being negative. If you look on the posts you will see that many have health issues or are working and looking after children. Nobody is perfect and we all have our flaws including you.
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Well OH has been tidying :T unfortunately the utility room is now a sea of washing needing to be done and we are forecast rain tomorrow:(.

Ironing pile is now MUCH smaller, only winter cardigans and some T shirts to do. At least I don't iron socks and tea towels and my DM used to do (and underwear, and tights and anything else she could find).
  • tenmah
    tenmah Posts: 2,209 Forumite
    Options
    Snookey - I think you mean Level200 is sharp with people. KT is the cheerleader for this group and has been nothing but supportive! Sorry you had sorted it all out whilst I was typing!

Can I join the group please? I identify with a lot of what has been written.
    OD [STRIKE] £2600 [/STRIKE] £0 :j Loan [STRIKE]£9500.00[/STRIKE] £0 :j Car [STRIKE]£3150[/STRIKE] £0 :j Moving Costs [STRIKE]£1300[/STRIKE] £0 :j Savings £1150 :j

Everytime I hear the 'dirty' word Exercise, I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi tenmah welcome. Your right and Im sorry. Hope you find everyone helpfull.
  • *KT*
    *KT* Posts: 251 Forumite
    edited 29 April 2011 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Oh dear... Ive got into a deleting my own posts frenzy (long story...) and I've accidentally deleted my post to level200.

So to clarify why I got a cheerleader "rah rah rah" from jackieglasgow and why level200 replied to me. The short version...

Level 200 your post was mean. If you had read the full thread you'd see that the domestic goddess that started this thread has done very well and has made her house a home once more and has not only done that but inspired the rest of us so, generally, shoosh! (or alternatively read Snooky's comment where this is all much better articulated...)

ok, and on topic? My kitchen is a mess, my living room has been hit by a paper/fabric bomb and I am about to give up and go to bed... I'm seriously letting the side down here! But in my defence I have a mock interpreting exam tomorrow which I had to procrastinate about and an eye test where they told me I was too bloomin' blind to see that the housework needs doing any how!

Tomorrow is another day! (filled with uni stress then drunken debauchery... Sunday is another day?!)
    Can we pretend that aeroplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, cause I could really use a wish right now...
  • lemonpopcorn
    Options
    can i join too, my house is sooooooooooo untidy/messy.
    I work fulltime got 3 kids: 5, 11 and 15 and a hubby to be, he's at home mon -fri and does do a lot as do the kiddies but its a never ending quest.
    things like organising clothes etc are not his strong point, he'd rather dump it in a pile then create more mess each time searching through it rather than like me getting it all organised and maintaining it but no one seems to ever maintain it as it's too much bother :eek: yet it takes more time searching through piles of clothes for something to wear :mad:

it drives me mad, im not a naturally tidy person but i don't like people moving my stuff as i usually know where it is.

i'm going to start making to do lists for each day and try and get as much of that done as possible and hopefully one day i may have a tidy house.
    Sealed pot challenge - member no:506
    £2 savers club - member number: 36
  • WASHER
    WASHER Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Options
    *KT* wrote: »
    Firstly, I don't think I could move my fridge or washing machine if I tried! I had to move my old washing machine out when it broke last year and my dad and I managed to rip the lino...

Spray a little furniture polish onto a duster and wipe under the fridge/freezer or washing machine infront of the "feet" and it pulls out very easily. Be careful not to spray polish onto the laminate or lino directly otherwise you will slip on the floor. I pull mine out every week cause one of the cats loves to hide "things" under them:eek:
  • Buddingblonde
    Options
    Hello all the newbies!
    I had the day off yesterday and it was blissful - the house needs straightening but that will only take a few commercial breaks to get done (the biggest job being the kitchen).
    I am off out for a wee road trip later and then dinner with FIL for his birthday. We are paying and it is our present to him (as he is difficult to buy for) - place he has chosen is v expensive and we will be £150+ for 4 of us!!!!! And thats only if they dont go for steak!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure