PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• soupdragon10
    Options
    Well done BB - great to hear things are going so well. I spent most of the day in the garden (again) but have made a small raised pond (it's actually an old butler sink) for the edge of the patio. Will post a pic if I manage to work out how.

Homemade pizza for dinner, then finally made the cupcakes I've been promising for days (it's been so long that OH has eaten two of the packets of chocolate buttons I bought to decorate them).

Why does cooking always look like an explosion in a flour factory (or is it just me :() never looks that untidy on Masterchef!

I can't do lists - as soon as something becomes as concrete as a list I find all manner of excuses for not doing the things on the list. I can just about cope with a shopping list (that's only because OH is in charge of this).

Need to get the study in order as I had phone call today about some work the week after next, so will need to get my act together before then.
  • Purpleclutterbuck
    Options
    Phew! Please can you lot just slow down for one cotton picking minute I can't keep up with all the posts :wink:(I'm still reading page 15 - and I'm plum tuckered out so it's catch up day tomorrow :D)
    The kitchen worktop( yep there's only 1 my kitchen is 6ft x 3ft) , bathroom and hall are still clean and tidy and I keep clearing 1 or 3 things every time I go past a particular corner -baby steps pottering is s-l-o-w and gradual but it works!:rotfl:
    Eek! this talk of flylady is making me a little bit scared - (and yes I know they're a great bunch:T) but for the moment I'm quite content(due to unforeseen unwellness) to be a messy so and so - after all clutter by name clutter by nature:o
    May you fill up the great clutterbucket of life and may all of your leaks be in cheese sauce:D
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without:cool:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :D......BB, you're letting the side down!

Well, 4 days off on the trot so I guess I'm running out of excuses and will have to get off the blessed pooter and do some housework before heading up to the allotment for a few hours

Ahem, I went to the library after work and got an armload of trashy stuff for fun reads (and a book on decluttering! I think I plug it in somewhere and it does the work for me. Ermm, was that not true then? B*gger!)

I have done some washing up simply because I needed the stuff but there's been a nasty pan soaking for 3 days and I don't think I can continue kidding myself that it needs any longer. I promise, on my honour as a Bad Housekeeper, that I will wash up every single pot, pan, crock, glass and teaspoon, even the difficult stuff, before I go out today. Probably. :rotfl:

:o Still haven't vacuumed but I did get a bag of stuff ready to donate to the charity shop next week.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Taliahmai
    Taliahmai Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    haha i have a pan thats been soaking for, well this is the 4th day lol ill tell you what ill do mine if you do yours lol

Altho i have to admit ive got caught up in watching the royal wedding, despite convincing myself it wasnt happening cause im sick of hearing it lol, so once ive seen her arrive im getting cracked on!
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Taliahmai wrote: »
    haha i have a pan thats been soaking for, well this is the 4th day lol ill tell you what ill do mine if you do yours lol

Altho i have to admit ive got caught up in watching the royal wedding, despite convincing myself it wasnt happening cause im sick of hearing it lol, so once ive seen her arrive im getting cracked on!
    :D 17 minutes! Even the icky pan AND I've dried up and put it away. Gonna bury that pan in the bottom of the cupboard as I'm sick of the sight of it. Anyone else plan their recipes around what will cause the least mess?

I have explosions of flour when I cook, too.

I will have a cooked lunch (omelette) and then go to the lottie and will try really hard to wash up the next batch before I leave the premises........even the omelette pan.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Woohoo the next four days off work:j:j:j I am determined to get on top of the flippin' clutter. I have washed and dried up (and put it away). I next need to pop the washing out then clear and move the computer desk. The big computer doesn't work anyway so it just collects junk so of the the cellar it goes. Clean the crib I got for free:j and put it in the space ready:eek::rotfl:. Then a couple of alterations I need to do. Then I can't decide on garden, allotment or bathroom decorating.

I bet when I come back later I have done nothing.

Have a good productive day everyone, but don't overdo it :rotfl:, we have a reputation to keep.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Those with icky pans, and I apologise if I am stating the obvious here, but have you put biological washing powder in the water to soak as well. I usually find it gets rid of most of my cooking disasters :)
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Buddingblonde
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    I have explosions of flour when I cook, too.

Me too!!!
    Woohoo the next four days off work:j:j:j I am determined to get on top of the flippin' clutter. I have washed and dried up (and put it away). I next need to pop the washing out then clear and move the computer desk. The big computer doesn't work anyway so it just collects junk so of the the cellar it goes. Clean the crib I got for free:j and put it in the space ready:eek::rotfl:. Then a couple of alterations I need to do. Then I can't decide on garden, allotment or bathroom decorating.

I bet when I come back later I have done nothing.

Have a good productive day everyone, but don't overdo it :rotfl:, we have a reputation to keep.

My god that is some list - are you sure you are a messy???
    Those with icky pans, and I apologise if I am stating the obvious here, but have you put biological washing powder in the water to soak as well. I usually find it gets rid of most of my cooking disasters :)

I do that but I also make a paste with washing powder and scrub with wire wool to get off the really yucky bits!
  • Buddingblonde
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :D......BB, you're letting the side down!
    I blame that Jackieglasgow - she is a bad influence.
    Phew! Please can you lot just slow down for one cotton picking minute I can't keep up with all the posts :wink:(I'm still reading page 15 - and I'm plum tuckered out so it's catch up day tomorrow :D)
    Eek! this talk of flylady is making me a little bit scared - (and yes I know they're a great bunch:T) but for the moment I'm quite content(due to unforeseen unwellness) to be a messy so and so - after all clutter by name clutter by nature:o

Purple I couldnt have put it better myself - I am well and have been off so getting things done has been easy - but the thought of flying is just a wee touch too much for me. And I am quickly losing track of all these posts - it takes me ages to plow thorugh them and I am sure I am missing people out in the process.
    Well done BB - great to hear things are going so well. I spent most of the day in the garden (again) but have made a small raised pond (it's actually an old butler sink) for the edge of the patio. Will post a pic if I manage to work out how.

Can wait to see your pond - sounds fabby x
  • soupdragon10
    Options
    Quick update-the bit of liner I used for the pond must have a small hole as it's now only half full :o will get a new bit of liner tomorrow and redo that (quick job) plus while I'm at the garden centre I'll get a couple of aqautic plants to go in there.

Watched bit of Royal Wedding while sorting out my odd sock bag (where do the others go as I'm sure I bought them in pairs). Also put shoes away - not found decent shoe storage so currently using some cheap plastic boxes bought in Morrisons.

Now decluttering my desk, found loads of envelopes I didn't know I had and don't remember buying (why would I need 50 odd long envelopes??). Drawers are now clean, tidy and sorted but I can only just type this as the desktop is awash with stuff (will now sort and tidy this). Found all kinds of strange bits and pieces - some of which I don't recognise ever buying/acquiring. :D Think the mess imp must have delivered these to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure