PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• Taliahmai
    Taliahmai Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    *KT* wrote: »
    please don't laugh...

I just found myself putting a little bit extra water in the kettle to give me more time to sort out the load of washing I was putting in...

Lmao, i love it!!

Snooky i hope your little one is feeling better soon x

Well again i ende dup going out for the day so nothing got done! i really need to start staying home.....altho to make up for it i put my youngest in the bath and scrubbed the bathroom and toilet, its now sparkling...just got the bath to do when the floors dry and little one is in bed (in about 5 mins lol)....My spotless living room is now a bomb site again too so got that to do tonight while i watch my soaps!....tomorrow im definately staying` in and my kids are goin to their dads at 11am so i WILL do my kitchen!!!:o
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blimey this thread goes at a good pace. At this rate you are all going to be outdoing the flyladies.

I have decided to sort out my wardrobe tonight and get rid of some stuff to the charity shop. The funny thing is I never seem to have a lot of clutter in the bank, it's always neat and tidy in there.:rotfl:

I hope you daughter is feeling better Snooky.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Buddingblonde
    Buddingblonde Posts: 837 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2011 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Well it has finally happened - all the wee jobs have finally got the main parts of the house clean and fairly tidy (shock horror).
    Bedroom - all surfaces dusted and declutters, fresh bedding, empty washing basket wardrobe and drawers all closed properly and no clothes lying about
    Living Room - all throws and cushions washed, dried and put back on the couches, all surfaces clear of clutter and dusted, window cleaned, rug hoovered
    Kitchen - all dishes washed and put away, fridge de cluttered freezer cleared out, clean litter tray and all clutter away
    Bathroom - loo bleached, toilet cleaned, sink cleaned, bath cleaned, floor swept, towels folded and put away.

Still windows to be done and floors to be washed but I would happily invite anyone in for a cuppa and let them into the main rooms - the 2 spare rooms are cluttered galore but as we dont use them I am not so worried.

I cannot believe it!!! I keep wondering what is wrong!

Now off to read all the posts from today - we are getting quite a busy wee post arent we?

EDIT - Too good to be true - OH has just come into the living room asking why I have recycled his new magazine and next weeks polling cards!!! He is now going though the recycling bin looking for anything else of his that I have recycled - kitch floor is covered!!!!
  • Ida_Notion
    Ida_Notion Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I still haven't sorted out my wardrobe yet, but apart from that I've managed to keep my bedroom decluttered for the best part of a week (like most of us, I'm no stranger to decluttering - it's keeping it that way that's often been the hard part) and it's been lovely, but it seems to have fired my husband up to do a bit of decluttering of his own in the attic and there are now three plastic crates of 'stuff' taking up most of my bedroom floor space that can apparently only be sorted out by me. I will win. Eventually :)
    Freddie Starr Ate My Signature
  • bedshaped
    bedshaped Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well.. all the bet laid plans!!

I had a whole list of to do things today and i've not done one of them. I feel ashamed and guilty that I've done not one tap of housework (I really do!) .

This threads becoming really popular, great to know i'm in the same boat as so many others. Really feel less alone and down about the state of my place now.

Thanks to *KT* for her brilliant post :T
  • Buddingblonde
    Options
    Bedshaped - you had a day off - dont beat yourself up!
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    My hubby has cleared out one of the kitchen cupboards that was jam packed with I don't know what, tools, old mini paint pots, seeds etc., and put them in a big box in the shed. Cleaned the cupboard out and is now filling it with my grocery stock which has been filling our bedroom floor. I started keeping a 'store cupboard' up in the bedroom after reading the 'getting ready for winter' thread last year. It has been 'growing' and taking over the bedroom ever since. I am so pleased.

I haven't done much else today except get rid of some more paperwork. The funny thing is that the pile doesn't look like it is decreasing but the recycling bin is filling up.

BUDDINGBLOND well done, I have just looked back to your first post and you have come a long way.

Well done to everyone else for what you have achieved and tomorrow is another day.

Esther x
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Buddingblonde...sounds like you are ready to join us flyladies????
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Buddingblonde
    Options
    That is a little optomistic - I will see how I manage to get the rest of the spring cleaning done. xx
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Well done everyone. Thanks for asking about my dd. Has slept off and on through the day but much better this evening. Has ate some tea and ate sweets. Typical child, bounce back as quick as they are ill.
    Had to go the shops this afternoon while son sat with her. The shelves were cleared of bread in Iceland, must be the royal wedding parties. All those cucumber sandwiches.
    Im going to try and sort out the bathroom drawers. Iv got new shelves for there so I wont keep crap ,lol. My desk looks like a tip as everyone uses it as a dumping ground,so Ill sort that too.
    Its weird looking at cleared places. I can actually walk into our bedroom without going around washing and books. I collect books on hints and tips and Iv one from 1864. Also psychiatric books . God knows what people would think looking at my collection. Mind you I do have bi polar ,lol. A mad messy woman,.lol.
    Take care everyone and enjoy the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure