PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

My home is a mess

Options

Comments

• imataloss
    imataloss Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Ellie83 wrote: »
    I never move my fridge or washing machine :o:o:o

The last time my fridge was moved there was a snake behind it :eek:

It had been living in our house for about 6 weeks without us knowing. Our neighbours had lost it and never thought to tell us.

You never know what you may find :)
  • *KT*
    *KT* Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly, I don't think I could move my fridge or washing machine if I tried! I had to move my old washing machine out when it broke last year and my dad and I managed to rip the lino...

Secondly - So many fellow domestic goddesses (just typed dogess by accident...!) that are expanding their brains with further/higher/just-plain-additional education! It's nice to know I'm not the only one daft enough to do this. Sometimes it feels a bit lonely.

I worry that I'm going to be a life-long student. I'm already planning what my next course should be... I love to learn... Now, if someone could pay me lots to learn stuff I'd be in heaven!

Fair enough I don't have kids (does bf count?!) but full time job, study, house work, staying vaguely sane. It all takes time. I was a Samaritan volunteer until last year too but I had to give it up because something had to give. We can all do this and get the spaces for ourselves that we deserve. And for the record, that DOES NOT mean a kitchen floor you can eat your dinner off or a bath so clinically clean you could perform surgery in it! We are making homes for ourselves I guess.

*KT*

ps. I'm begining to think the stars beside my name look like pom poms for all the cheer-leading I seem to like to do! Hee hee!
    Can we pretend that aeroplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, cause I could really use a wish right now...
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    I have the perfect avatar for you KT :Dcheering.gif
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    *KT* wrote: »
    Firstly, I don't think I could move my fridge or washing machine if I tried! I had to move my old washing machine out when it broke last year and my dad and I managed to rip the lino...

Secondly - So many fellow domestic goddesses (just typed dogess by accident...!) that are expanding their brains with further/higher/just-plain-additional education! It's nice to know I'm not the only one daft enough to do this. Sometimes it feels a bit lonely.

I worry that I'm going to be a life-long student. I'm already planning what my next course should be... I love to learn... Now, if someone could pay me lots to learn stuff I'd be in heaven!

Fair enough I don't have kids (does bf count?!) but full time job, study, house work, staying vaguely sane. It all takes time. I was a Samaritan volunteer until last year too but I had to give it up because something had to give. We can all do this and get the spaces for ourselves that we deserve. And for the record, that DOES NOT mean a kitchen floor you can eat your dinner off or a bath so clinically clean you could perform surgery in it! We are making homes for ourselves I guess.

*KT*

ps. I'm begining to think the stars beside my name look like pom poms for all the cheer-leading I seem to like to do! Hee hee!

Yay, a fellow student! And I too would study all my life if I could :o:o:o My background is in languages, but I think my next step will be my degree in physics. Even if it takes me 10 years to complete! But I don't think I have a very "mathematical" brain, what with my lack of organisation and all that :rotfl:

iamataloss :eek: Although I can't say I'm that scared of snakes. It's only if they are dangerous! :p

Well, I shredded ALL my old paperwork, with some old things dating back to..... 2005 :eek::eek::eek:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    GreyQueen, don't just read Miss Minimalist's blog. You should write one! You always make me giggle! The way you write is so entertaining!! :rotfl:
    :o Aw, thank you. I'm a technological troglodyte and only have dial-up internet so blogging is probably completely beyond my skills.:o
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2011 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Well I was woken at five this morning by dd who proceeded to get in my bed and vomit. Last night she came out in a rash and thinking it was an allergic reaction told her to shower. Anyway it looks as if its a virual infection. Ill keep an eye on her and if no better go and see a doctor at a walk in centre.
    I doubt Ill be doing much today.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    -

*KT*

I get paid to learn - I'm a teacher! if teaching new subjects or getting asked a question i don't know the answer to, plus research. All amounts to learning!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • *KT*
    Options
    Yay, a fellow student! And I too would study all my life if I could :o:o:o My background is in languages, but I think my next step will be my degree in physics. Even if it takes me 10 years to complete! But I don't think I have a very "mathematical" brain, what with my lack of organisation and all that :rotfl:

iamataloss :eek: Although I can't say I'm that scared of snakes. It's only if they are dangerous! :p

Well, I shredded ALL my old paperwork, with some old things dating back to..... 2005 :eek::eek::eek:

I did it the other way around. My first degree was in Forensic Chemistry. I'm now working on my graduate diploma in Sign Language interpreting. I was never that great at Chemistry, if I got the choice all over again I'd probably opt to do an English degree. I love how languages are built so English language or linguistics would have been good.

HOWEVER!! Had I done that I'd not have met one of my best friends (I fell down the stairs on our first day at uni and landed on her... We've been friends ever since!) or my current partner of nearly 6 years (he was my lab partners best friend although they aren't friends any more).

Everything is perfect in time and space (even when we think that some higher power has got things seriously bum about face!)
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I get paid to learn - I'm a teacher! if teaching new subjects or getting asked a question i don't know the answer to, plus research. All amounts to learning!

I love showing people signs and telling them where they came from and stuff. It's the only thing I have any patience for teaching. Unfortunately though it is really frowned upon for a hearing person to teach British Sign Language.

As for anything else, I have no patience for teaching. Especially if I have found something easy in the first place. I just don't get what the other person isn't getting so can never quite find they way to explain it in 'their' language IYSWIM.
    Can we pretend that aeroplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, cause I could really use a wish right now...
  • *KT*
    Options
    please don't laugh...

I just found myself putting a little bit extra water in the kettle to give me more time to sort out the load of washing I was putting in...
  • Ellie83
    Ellie83 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    please don't laugh...

I just found myself putting a little bit extra water in the kettle to give me more time to sort out the load of washing I was putting in...

:eek: *THUD* (sound of Ellie fainting) :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family