We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Daily thread for Tuesday November 28th.
Comments
-
Good morning to all.
Have been up since 5am taking OH to the train station for work. He has to go to London today and the drive from the Sout West would just about kill him I think!
Have got the SC on, DW on and porridge inside me. Just need to get DD3 up and get her ready for school - oh here she is in her pj's!!!
Need to go into town today to do a few chores and will treat myself to a Costa Coffee while out. I will also try and get a few card crafty bits to see if I can make a few while the mood is with me following my lesson yesterday.
Hugs to all that need them, stay warm and dry all
LouiseNobody is perfect - not even me.0 -
Morning all
Beautiful sunrise here over the channel this morning - very windy though.
Off to town later to pay in some cheques and do a mystery shopping job, taking my mother with me, that way she can't try to reorganise the cutlery draw like she tried to yesterday :rolleyes: .
Have woken up with a sore gum, it's all swollen - had raspberry muffins yesterday so wonder if I've got a pip stuck somewhere - just hope it's not an abcess brewing - I don't suffer with them so fingers crossed.
DD1's birthday tomorrow - she's going to be 11 - where does the time go? Got lots of cards and pressies that have arrived for her - lucky thing.
OS wise today - I've shined my sink........that's as good as it gets! :rotfl:
Have a good one all."Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.0 -
Morning all

Hello to Jembie I'm sure your going to love it here.
Well not much for me today. I was going to go home and finish the ironing last night but managed to find other things to do like surfing the web, playing on the playstation etc...
Anyway feeling much better today after my R & R evening so off home this evening to clean the house and finish that darn ironing!
Hope everyone has a good day.
As always take or leave the :grouphug: as neededYou laugh because I'm different - I laugh because you're all the same0 -
Morning All
Its Noddy time again, so I get my 10 minutes on here.
I am pleased that some people are already putting Xmas decorations up - we were planning on the 1st December, but we only have a very small tree. I have already started making Xmas decorations with the Lo's. Next effort is going to be a toilet roll Father Xmas - I must see if there is a thread on Old style Xmas decorations on here.
Not much old style planned for today - I just hope it stays dry as we are going to try and get out and about today
HUgs to all - especially those with work problems
Hels0 -
Quick morning to all!
Totally behind today and DS1 will be angling for his lift to work in a mo. Feel yuck.
Last nights tea must not have agreed with me and is fighting a war in my stomach.
Going to get his nibs off to work and then DS2 set up with his school work and then I'm going to have a lay on the sofa for half hour. Hopefully it will pass and I can get stuck into the lounge today. Badly in need.
Have a lovely day all.JANUARY GROCERY CHALLENGE £23.30/£150
0 -
Good morning everyone. :hello:
I've had a busy few days what with one thing and another, so I haven’t had much time to post.
My freezers are absolutely full to overflowing and it’s killing me having to walk away from bargains/reduced items because I have no room for them.
So the plan for today is to convert some of the contents into ready meals and try to do some menu planning so that I can reduce what’s in there over the next couple of weeks before the big Christmas shop. Apart from that and work this evening, there isn’t much happening here today.
scuzz, sorry that you're having such a rough time at work.
Jembie and embb, welcome to the daily thread
twink, belated Happy Birthday!
Bargain Rzl, pawpurrs, ancasta and ageandjo and anyone else in the middle of moving house at the moment……Good luck and I hope you are all settling or will be settled into your new homes soon.
Have a good day everybody.
Pink0 -
Morning all
Huge huggles to everyone whether you want them or not especially the new arrivals - welcome
I'm off to do the school run in a minute and then DH and I are heading into town. This is a rare ocassion for us both to go in together and I am really looking forward to it. I might treat him to lunch
We're getting on so much better lately, almost back to the lovey dovey couple who used to make everyone sick and I feel so good about it I'm almost bouncing off the walls so please excuse me
I'm still awaiting the parcels containing my parents presents, if they're not here soon then I'm going to be shouting on the phone to someone.
P.S. DH laughed his socks off about me getting a parking ticket. He's going to pay it as the last time I had one I forgot all about it until the police arrived at the door to arrest me, he says he would rather have me home for christmas
Organised people are just too lazy to look for things
F U Fund currently at £2500 -
Morning All - Hope we are well
Welcome Jembie !
Just a quick 1 before I jump in the shower
Was watching Im a celeb last night, then the phone rang, my cousin from London, using up her free minutes on the mobile - which I thought was nice, but 39mins later, my ear ache was getting worse.
Saw Phina get evicted - but missed the interview - I agree Amiee - glad she's gone. David or Jason to win. I never really knew David's personality before he went in, but now my opinion has changed.
Work this morning, Im on my own as the other girl has taken a day's holiday. Should be fun! BUt at least I have a little more confidence now in using the system.
Must go now - have a lovely day everyone
Take care and love as usualHi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure0 -
Morning all :hello:
I'm in the office bright and early this morning! (Well, early, anyway
) I have to catch a train to Durham at 19:00 this evening (staying with Mum prior to Grandma's funeral tomorrow) and as I'm then going straight to Wales for a short break on Thursday, there is a largish suitcase involved. Options were: 1) start work at 9, after attempting to get on bus with suitcase in the middle of the school run when it's almost impossible to cram myself WITHOUT a suitcase onto the bus, and leave at 5 to go straight to King's Cross; 2) get a minicab to take self and suitcase to work, and leave at 5 to go straight to King's Cross - NOT very MSE!; or 3) start work at 8, avoid school run and rush hour, leave suitcase at home, finish at 4, go home on pre-rush-hour bus, get changed, have cup of tea, pick up suitcase and THEN go to King's Cross. I think you'll agree that option 3 was the right decision - and in fact it was SO civilised that I might have a word with my boss about starting at 8 and finishing at 4 a bit more often.
Train fare cost me nearly £100 :eek: as it was a short notice booking and almost peak time travel, and GNER to Durham has for some reason always been really pricey! Still, I have had the money put aside for a while, thinly disguised as an "emergency fund" - ever since my mum got caught out with no money for her train fare when my other grandmother died last year.
Oh by the way, I popped out to my local Morrison's last night for some odds and ends, and discovered next door to it - dah dah DAAAAHHHHHH! - a CHINESE SUPERMARKET - now, we all know what that means, don't we ladies? 5 litres of white vinegar for £4.69 :j :j I didn't buy any because I had enough to carry already, but I'LL BE BACK
Also I saw a car in Morrison's car park whose number plate said RZL
Welcome to jembie and embb, hugs to scuzz (I hope you find a new job soon), good to see Lillibet in these parts again, and AMIE, I was just wondering why your post are always in capital letters? It can make them a bit hard to read... Are you using voice recognition software or something?
earthmother, lemon curd is a bit of a joke in my family, ever since an occasion when I was little when Mum asked for a bit of peace and quiet and somebody passed her the lemon curd (I suppose you had to be there!) so now lemon curd is referred to as "a bit of peace and quiet"
Must go, it's still lovely and quiet in this office so I should make the most of it! ((((Hugs)))) to anybody who needs them.
Rzl xx :wave:
Operation Get in Shape
MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #1240
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
