Forum Home» How much have you saved?

Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - part 2 - Page 128

New Post Advanced Search

Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - part 2

edited 2 April 2011 at 8:11AM in How much have you saved?
1.3K replies 107.9K views

Replies

• rubytuesdayrubytuesday Forumite
    22.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a frugal spicy rice with the left over chicken but forgot to put in the chickpeas and kidney beans!

I suppose that made it particularly frugal!

Had Eaton Mess for afters with strawberries, and raspberries and blackcurrants from the garden.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • redglass_2redglass_2 Forumite
    771 posts
    cw18 wrote: »
    But he confessed on Saturday that they had made comments, just not to give him stick - and the main one (or at least the only one he was prepared to share) was "Phoaaaar! She's got a fit body!" (insert blushing smiley.... would do it myself, but my smiley sidebar add-on isn't working since I upgraded my browser :( )

Well done! :T All those hours of pounding the pavements have paid off - sorry, that makes you sound like a lady of the night! :rotfl: I mean, all those hours spent in training runs. That's more like it.
    'Whatever you dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin now.' Goethe

• cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redglass wrote: »
    Well done! :T All those hours of pounding the pavements have paid off - sorry, that makes you sound like a lady of the night! :rotfl: I mean, all those hours spent in training runs. That's more like it.
    :rotfl:

It's got to be the running paid off, as I'm still a stone heavier than I was 6 months ago (having put weight on from mid-Dec to mid-Jan), wobbling around the maximum recommended weight for my height, but still in the size 8-10 clothes I was wearing 6 months ago ;) Says to me I must have built up some serious muscle tone somewhere in my body - just a shame I've not yet managed to flatten my stomach as much as I'd like :o
    Cheryl
  • gingerandrubarbgingerandrubarb Forumite
    427 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I made a frugal spicy rice with the left over chicken but forgot to put in the chickpeas and kidney beans!

I suppose that made it particularly frugal!

Had Eaton Mess for afters with strawberries, and raspberries and blackcurrants from the garden.

Oooh yum! would love to know how you made your spicy rice. :j
    Blogger / Money Saver
    Make £2020 in 2020 Challenge - Accepted
  • chikachika Forumite
    847 posts
    wow! It takes me months to make that much on ebay - well done! what are your tips?

I use Auctiva and spend a bit of extra time on the listings. It took two days to create them but it paid off. Also I think there is a thread already but you will seriously be amazed at what people will buy. I'm talking half full bottles of cleanser (a decent brand but not worth £22!) and worn trainers (not the smelly sort but nethertheless worn - I sold them for more than I paid for them new which I'm made up about!)
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those.
  • ceridwen wrote: »
    One way or another - that must be quite a long list of us by now that have put Erme on Ignore. I did so during a previous "episode".
    I did try my best not to react but it just got too much. Am loving the Ignore option!
    Tumptyteapot

• Morning peeps!

I am not going to start the day off moaning or talking about the cats today as I feel I set a downward tone yesterday:o

For all those single ladies on here .........next time it is scorching I will invite you round to my house as the street was full of half naked men :rotfl: all young raf officers. Of course being married I am not interested:A:p

I hope you all have a better day xxxx
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all those single ladies on here .........next time it is scorching I will invite you round to my house as the street was full of half naked men :rotfl: all young raf officers. Of course being married I am not interested:A:p
    Oooooo..... yes please :D

Especially if they're anything like the squaddies I spent a 'little while' watching back in January 1982 - they were shovelling snow out of the road on the married quarters (just up the road from my parents place) on the only day I ever got a 'snow day' off school..... and even though the snow was almost knee deep they almost all took off all their tops due to the effort of the shovelling ;)

That was a goooooood day for me and my friends (all 14-15 - I was probably the oldest, and only a week or two away from my 16th) :T
    Cheryl
  • Very money saving as well because I switched the TV off:rotfl:
  • Hello all. Please be nice to me. First post and all that.
    After years of not really worrying about the pennies. I changed jobs recently, The old one causing stress due to a !!!!! boss from hell situation. I love where I am now, it uses all my gifts and challenges me a lot more. But I have taken a £200 a month drop in pay post tax. So i'm here to find the encouragement I need to live the way my mum has been banging on at me to live since I moved out 13 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support