Forum Home» How much have you saved?

Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - part 2 - Page 131

New Post Advanced Search

Frugal Living Challenge 2011 - part 2

edited 2 April 2011 at 8:11AM in How much have you saved?
1.3K replies 107.9K views

Replies

• cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Redglass wrote: »
    Celery? I'm about as likely to comfort-eat celery as I am to get legs like Beyonce's. I think that is PERVERTED. ;)
    Totally with you one on that one :beer:

My 'comfort eat' tonight was an iced fruit finger which I split and filled with jam and squirty cream for my supper ;) Was supposed to be a treat for while my home dye was setting, but a surprise visitor (well, I did get an hours notice!) put paid to doing my hair until tomorrow night...... wasn't sure he'd be too thrilled at being asked to help me do it, although I was seriously tempted :rotfl:
    Cheryl
  • Redglass wrote: »
    ????????????????

Celery? I'm about as likely to comfort-eat celery as I am to get legs like Beyonce's. I think that is PERVERTED. ;)

I have to have some vices :-)
    I'm experimenting with cutting out sugar as I get a terrible after lunch slump in energy.
    Tumptyteapot

• MOT day, I give up a lot to be able to run the car which is my escape pod, I hope I don't have to make a life and death decision for the thing.
    Tumptyteapot

• Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of Lurkdom. My car has its service today. eek. But it really needs it. Means that all my savings are blown, but then this time last year I wouldnt have had any savings to use!. So things are better. Although I have not been on my budget at all this last 3 months!! So the next 6 I had better get back on the bandwagon so to speak.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • MrsB31MrsB31 Forumite
    21 posts
    Hi everyone
    Another work day but only til 1 :) and there are vanilla custard slices in the staff room so its not all that bad :p

Wow to the spreadsheet super organisation above!! Im well impressed - still struggling to complete a budget but maybe one day I will have a shiny spreadsheet to keep tabs on everything!!

Also - I agree with the above - comfort eating celery!! :eek: that would make me more miserable!! If im being good I'll have an apple sliced up with peanut butter spread on them but 9/10 il just go for the kit kats :D
    July £53/£155 Aug £6.55/£155
    July GC £307/£250 Aug GC £0/250
  • MrsB31 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Another work day but only til 1 :) and there are vanilla custard slices in the staff room so its not all that bad :p

Wow to the spreadsheet super organisation above!! Im well impressed - still struggling to complete a budget but maybe one day I will have a shiny spreadsheet to keep tabs on everything!!

Also - I agree with the above - comfort eating celery!! :eek: that would make me more miserable!! If im being good I'll have an apple sliced up with peanut butter spread on them but 9/10 il just go for the kit kats :D

There is a link to the incredible spreadsheet on page one of this thread
    Tumptyteapot

• yes! we got DLA! that is such a relief I am shaking! and the car has minor things wrong with it so that is ok too
    Tumptyteapot

• Kerry_WomanKerry_Woman Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumptyteapot - I'm pleased that you heard about the DLA.

Sending hugs to those who need them.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2020
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST July 2020: The Turtles go Jousting 1/20
  • rubytuesdayrubytuesday Forumite
    22.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone - just to let you know that Marmalade finally turned up this afternoon after I had rung up all the local vets and knocked on all the doors in my street and the street behind and the street to the side of me.

I did look in a very sweet Mr Oddbods garden and didn't find Marmalade but did find my neighbour's cat Frank who has also done a bunk since they got a new kitten and is also not well.

Marmalade did smell quite distinctly of Mr Oddbods house so I have a feeling she was there.

Spend day today as I went to the cafe with my daughter to recover from all this stress!
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • yes! we got DLA! that is such a relief I am shaking! and the car has minor things wrong with it so that is ok too

:j:j:j

I was a lady that lunches today..... well I was supposed to go out with a friend but talked her in to coming back to mine and having a cheese butty in the garden:rotfl:

Different friend came round this afternoon for coffee, so had a lovely girlie catch up day.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support