IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Options

Comments

• Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I stopped commenting on both forums as I was told that it was making me look like a fake, and also not much more to report. The case is ongoing with the help of Alexis.

To the person who asked, I study Accounting at BPP in Boulton House for my CIMA exams. If you had read everything I had said I have made it quite clear I knew I had to pay £5 to park in the car park, but presumed I had to pay the guy who had always collected my money, and wasn't there to pay. Maybe naive on my part but I had done the same parking there many times.

There is nothing stopping anyone ringing Northampton court and asking them what the court fee is. I have done this and was told that £15 is correct, I can only go off this information.

Coupon-mad, Alexis KNOWS i am not a 'stooge' as you nicely put it. He has seen all the paperwork and I have proved who I am.

If the court has told you wrong ,that doesn't change the FACT that MCOL auto generates the correct fee which is not £15, this makes the claim suspect.
    There is a similar recent claim posted on Pepipoo by a PPC for less than £300 which shows the correct fee of £25.
    This anomaly will obviously make some people (including me) somewhat sceptical. Don't take it personally , but that fact remains that your N1 is inexplicably wrong , as is your MCOL image posted on the other place.
  • smithy2121
    smithy2121 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I am not taking it personally, when everybody started talking about the fee being wrong the advice was to ring the court and check it is correct. I did this and they said that £15 is how much the court charges. Not much else I can do regarding that is there? If it is the case and it is wrong then I am sure the judge will have something to say about that (if we ever get that far).
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    The bloke tells his story and all the conspiracy theorists and amateur detectives rush to prove he's a troll.

Look up there quick....on the grassy knoll.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Sirdan
    edited 6 April 2011 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    The bloke tells his story and all the conspiracy theorists and amateur detectives rush to prove he's a troll.

Look up there quick....on the grassy knoll.

I'm not rushing to prove anything ..but it is decidely odd isn't it ?

I am keen to know how the automated system has varied the fee in this case ..doesn't make it a fake / troll case ..just a question mark that could do with an answer.
  • torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    so the case is due to be heard at northampton co.court.

unless the judge decides to hear the case in camera nobody will object to my being there.

I'm not a million miles away from this town so,being the good little law-abiding torontoboy that I am and never having seen the inside of a courtroom, I'd be grateful for any tips on court attendance.

and smithy2121 could pm me the details.

if I can make it I will; it could be the only game in town on the day, but what's the betting that a 'no-show' will allow the plaintiff to win ?
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Northampton is the clearing centre for all online claims. It isn't going to be heard there I'm afraid.
  • Sirdan
    Options
    AlexisV wrote: »
    Northampton is the clearing centre for all online claims. It isn't going to be heard there I'm afraid.

It's not Oldham is it ?! :rotfl:
  • torontoboy45
    torontoboy45 Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    AlexisV wrote: »
    that's a shame. I was hoping clear up smithy's troll status, one way or the other.

maybe smithy could come back to us after the hearing and post the verdict (with scanned corroborative evidence, of course).
  • smithy2121
    smithy2121 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I will come back on here one way or the other and let you know what happens. I have more documents now but have been advised to keep things off the forums. Once the case is over I should be able to put a few things on. Hopefully it won't even get to court, I don't really want to have to take a day off work!
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope that if it does go to court, you'll let us know so we can come and support you :)
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure