🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Tesco alters 'price check' guarantee to close loophole

Options
1234568»

Comments

• thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ASDA 10% is back working now.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No it's not, my 1p cheaper bill still doesn't give the voucher. I phoned up and had a frustrating call. You would expect the helpline telephone number quoted on the ASDA Pricecheck web site would understand their own offer, but no.

Them: ASDA is overall cheaper so you don't get a voucher.
    Me: That's not what the guarantee is, you are mean to be 10% cheaper.
    Them: But ASDA is overall cheaper so you don't get a voucher.
    Me: That's not what the guarantee is, you are mean to be 10% cheaper.
    ... repeat 10 times ...

Eventually they went away and checked and said there is indeed a problem and have sent off details of my bill to the Technical Team. So I might get there in the end.
  • welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    Options
    I have submitted 4 receipts to Tesco over the last week and have heard nothing from them.
    Are they still doing the price check?? anyone else having problems hearing back from them?
    The only email I got was them saying they could not find one of my receipts so I had to re submit and not heard anything since.
  • thepearce
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    ASDA 10% is back working now.

....for new receipts. i.e. receipts for purchases more recent than when they had problems over the weekend.
  • amumoffour2
    amumoffour2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    HELP!
    First time i've entered receipt details and keep getting a message saying
    'please select a date that is in the past'
    date i'm inputting is 17/03/11 am i missing something???
  • thepearce
    Options
    Hello
    We are emailing you to let you know we experienced a problem with your comparison on the Asda Price Guarantee website last weekend.

We are sorry, when you compared your Asda shopping; the 10% guarantee was not recognised for your comparison. I am glad to tell you this has now been fixed.

We want our customers to be able to take advantage of our Asda Price Guarantee and we are sorry this has not been your experience.

Please re-enter your receipt details at https://www.Asda.com/priceguarantee and your shopping will be compared with Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and Waitrose. You will be given a voucher ensuring that Asda is 10% cheaper.

Please let us know if we can help in the future and we look forward to serving you again soon.

ASDA Price Guarantee Team

Had the above from ASDA just now.
  • samroo
    samroo Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    I;m on holiday this week and have time to spare so here is this week's proof that Tesco ups the price to give BOGOF (comparison with Asda).

John West Wild red salmon (Tesco £3.99 each / Asda £2.68)
    Napolina Chopped tomatoes x4 (Tesco £4.89 each / Asda £3.00)
    Hellman's Mayo (Tesco £2.79 each / Asda £2.00)
    Princes Tuna Chunks x4 (Tesco £6.99 each / Asda £4.00)
    Loyd Grossman pasta sauce (Tesco £1.89 each / Asda £1.78).

Now I know that if you buy two of everything at Tesco it works out cheaper than buying two at Asda, but it's not exactly getting one free!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport