MSE News: Tesco alters 'price check' guarantee to close loophole

Options

Comments

• Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Its their own fault for their excessive greed anyway.

I can barely afford my nornal shop, and I shop around so why should people wanting to greedily make extra cash take advantage of it which affects genuine people like me.

I have no problem with some things but people were doing it to massive excess.

Well, I don't think you're going to make over £20 from their price check if you shop around for the cheapest price anyway.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • globetraveller
    globetraveller Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good on tesco, a greedy few spoiled it for thousands of others.

I shop at Tesco but didnt even look at the offer as i'm happy with the price I pay for something or I dont buy it. I dont like Asda so would have no idea what their pricing is like anyway to compare it.
    not sure why they would have spoiled it for thousands. Everyone can still get up to £20 back per shop.
    I would encourage folks who are trying to save money( ie everyone on this site surely??) to put your receipt to price check. And be aware of what you buy and how it compares with asda.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • mrpastry
    mrpastry Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    not sure why they would have spoiled it for thousands. Everyone can still get up to £20 back per shop.
    I would encourage folks who are trying to save money( ie everyone on this site surely??) to put your receipt to price check. And be aware of what you buy and how it compares with asda.
    My loathing of Tescos.....serves them right,not thought through well,I would say look on said sites and do your shopping accordingly,paying by cash, no clubcard and paying for shopping in seperate transactions to maximise the potential i.e. knowing that a £20 voucher will be on it's way :rotfl:
    Tuck Fescos
  • Money_User
    Money_User Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Kilty wrote: »
    Wow, MSEers kill something else by exploiting it, just like the disappearance of the R&R policy.

Nice one :T *rolleyes*

Exactly and the post above yours claims Tesco are cutting off their nose to spite their face. The only people really cutting off their noses and the people who try to exploit everything. People could have genuinely shop at Tesco knowing it'll be as cheap as Asda, but oh know, the users of MSE just have to !!!! it up! Bascially the !!!! takers !!!! it up for everyone else again and come here trying to blame Tesco!
  • globetraveller
    globetraveller Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money_User wrote: »
    Exactly and the post above yours claims Tesco are cutting off their nose to spite their face. The only people really cutting off their noses and the people who try to exploit everything. People could have genuinely shop at Tesco knowing it'll be as cheap as Asda, but oh know, the users of MSE just have to !!!! it up! Bascially the !!!! takers !!!! it up for everyone else again and come here trying to blame Tesco!
    If you are doing a "normal" shop then it is highly unlikely that you would ever get a £10 voucher, let alone double that. Neither tesco or asda are cheaper- they are only cheaper when they choose the baskets to compare.
    Those who are finding the cheaper goods are actually helping everyone else. They find it- tesco finds it and reduces it. Have you ever seen so many bargains in tesco as there are just now?
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
  • topcatk_2
    topcatk_2 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a regular shopper at tescos and can honestly say I didn't know anything about being able to compare your shopping price! Off to dig my last receipt out of the bin!
  • omen666
    omen666 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    This whole thing stinks of "Kevin Kelly".
    I remember him from years ago on the old DTD and get the item free if miss prices SEL. What an ****** he was
  • samroo
    samroo Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Example of price hike. Tesco napolina pasta 500g £2.09. Asda £1.18 Tesco 1kg £2.04 Of course tesco 500g pack is one of highly advertised best ever offers.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Kilty wrote: »
    Wow, MSEers kill something else by exploiting it, just like the disappearance of the R&R policy.

Nice one :T *rolleyes*

R&R wasn't killed by MSE'rs it was killed by Tesco's inability to manage their displaying of prices and advertising etc. They were losing so much money to R&R [due to their incompetence] that they had to change it.

If they had got more of their prices right they could have kept R&R since they would have had to pay out very little; but they chose to drop it and in so doing they have actually INCREASED the amount they illegally overcharge their customers [since with the dropping of R&R far fewer people check their receipts].

Tesco did the calculation that it was cheaper to risk the odd TS fine of £2500 than to put in place systems and checks to ensure they don't mislead and overcharge their customers.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    £20 per shop...so

1. Find something a tenner dearer
    2. Buy in units of one ie a separate receipt = a 'shop'.
    3. Reclaim the £20....each one separately
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure