MSE News: Tesco alters 'price check' guarantee to close loophole

Options

Comments

• Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Totally agree with the posters who are saying that Joe Bloggs who does a normal shop will not be affected by the changes. As stated earlier I spent £90 in Tesco and only £35 was compared. Of course Tesco came out cheaper.

Unless you specifically do what people have been doing by using the loophole, then it's highly unlikely you'll ever get a payout, let alone £20 on 5 shops in a month!

I'd like to hear if someone doing a normal shop has been affected, or if it's only people who haven't even bothered using the price check that are moaning.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Ian_Slater
    Options
    I live in Banbury and had been shopping in Tesco but getting fed up with queue's and the shop seemed to going up in leaps and bounds so one day I had a ride out to Asda at Leamington which is about 20 miles,I was pleasantly surprised with the prices and the quality was much better.
    We now shop on line at Asda and only travel to Leamington once a month just for a look round.
    What makes me laugh Tesco staff in Banbury get staff discount but you see them shopping at Asda in Leamington so even they see the difference.
    Martin Lewis should be knighted:money:
    :beer:
  • darkh0rse
    darkh0rse Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anybody know if I can use the voucher issued to purchase products and then again use pricecheck on the shop paid for with vouchers to claim back the difference again?
  • Kavor
    Kavor Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    darkh0rse wrote: »
    Does anybody know if I can use the voucher issued to purchase products and then again use pricecheck on the shop paid for with vouchers to claim back the difference again?
    Yes you can.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2011 at 7:19AM
    Options
    Threads like this makes me laugh tbh.

People are 'outraged' that the loophole is stopped and that it's all about 'Tesco being too greedy' while there they are, sitting on their computers putting all the products onto some computer forum and then going out of their way to go to 2 supermarkets to buy products they would not usually buy - or possibly need - just to get some money back from Tesco and/or Asda.

And then to buy more things with the price difference to get more money back.

Is that greed too?

Wanders off to have a ponder over this......
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 March 2011 at 5:33PM
    Options
    Not sure how the price check works but do we get vouchers in the post for shopping thats cheaper, ive entered details from a few receipts but it isnt clear as to whether something is sent in the post
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Not sure how the price check works but do we get vouchers in the post for shopping thats cheaper, ive entered details from a few receipts but it isnt clear as to whether something is sent in the post

You will be emailed your results. There will be a link you click on and you can print out your voucher.
    There is a HUGE thread on the Grabbit board explaining everything in the first post.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 April 2011 at 6:24PM
    Options
    You will be emailed your results. There will be a link you click on and you can print out your voucher.
    There is a HUGE thread on the Grabbit board explaining everything in the first post.

yes id seen that thread but it is more for the finds that are worth the most,

i cant see any mention of a voucher on the linked to page from the email

i wasnt sure if there was meant to be a couppon to print or if 1 would be sent in the post
  • valiant
    valiant Posts: 114 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2011 at 5:40PM
    Options
    I went to the ASDA price guarantee website this morning at http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/ ready to input my receipt details and found that they seem to have withdrawn the '10% difference' element!

There was no notice of this and no mention on MSE, but they're still advertising the '10% difference' here http://your.asda.com/

Isn't this false advertising?

UPDATE: I just called ASDA and they say they're still doing the '10% difference' and that they'll get back to me. But it certainly looks like there's a bug in the system. Is anyone else having problems?
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes, it just says "Your groceries cost less or we give you the difference".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure