🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Tesco alters 'price check' guarantee to close loophole

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just did it and got 10% back,so don't think that it has changed?

Under "About the ASDA Price Gaurantee" it states
    10% Cheaper Guarantee

We’ve now made the ASDA Price Guarantee even stronger and will guarantee your comparable grocery shopping to be 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Waitrose or we’ll give you the difference. Please click here for more information

Anon
  • valiant
    valiant Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Just did it and got 10% back,so don't think that it has changed?

Anon

Are you sure you got the full 10% back? When I put in details of a receipt, it matches £33.61 of the shop. Then it says that it would have been £33.87 in Tesco and therefore only 26p cheaper in Asda. I should therefore have got a voucher for £33.87 * 10% - 26p = £3.12. I got no voucher.

Can anyone else confirm or otherwise that the 10% deal is still working for them?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just checked the receipts i entered last night and the lick to print the coupon is there but it doesnt show on any older receipts though
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    valiant wrote: »
    Are you sure you got the full 10% back? When I put in details of a receipt, it matches £33.61 of the shop. Then it says that it would have been £33.87 in Tesco and therefore only 26p cheaper in Asda. I should therefore have got a voucher for £33.87 * 10% - 26p = £3.12. I got no voucher.

Can anyone else confirm or otherwise that the 10% deal is still working for them?

But aren't you using the Asda price guarantee and the shopping WAS cheaper in ASda so that's fine and therefore no voucher?
  • valiant
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »
    But aren't you using the Asda price guarantee and the shopping WAS cheaper in ASda so that's fine and therefore no voucher?

No....Asda promise that your shopping will be at least 10% cheaper. If it's not fully 10% cheaper you get a voucher for the difference.
  • ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just got a voucher for 10% difference but it was on an online shop from last Monday:

Your results

CheaperSign.gif TescoSainsbury'sMorrisonsWaitroseASDALogoGray.gif+£2.70-£0.06+£4.53+£2.88 View detailsView detailsView detailsView details

The comparison carried out by mySupermarket found that ASDA was not the cheapest for your shopping this time.
    10% Cheaper Guarantee

ASDA guarantee your comparable grocery shopping to be 10% cheaper than Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Waitrose or we’ll give you the difference. Please click here for more information.

Due to the 10% cheaper guarantee, you're entitled to a voucher of £3.69:
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
  • valiant
    Options
    ClaireLR wrote: »
    I just got a voucher for 10% difference but it was on an online shop from last Monday:

Ok...thanks for that....it must be a glitch with my particular shop.
  • mikeashbee
    mikeashbee Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    I guess I am repeating, but as a keen comparer of prices and having Asda, Sainsbury and Tesco near to one another i am absolutely certain that Asda has the cheapest general prices of the three. I find it astononishing that given the huge turnover and buying capacity that they all usually charge the full RRP on those items that are not on offer. I believe that this is where the huge profits are really made, people are not likely to go hunting round the supermarkets for one or two items that are not on offer.
    I find that on average Asda has 10% advantage on Tesco and even more on Sainsbury. However I still occasionally scoot round Sainsbury for thier budget price range as the quality is better.
    As my son is now a Tesco employee I am shopping more at Tesco due to the 10% employee discount but it is true that many of the price conscious Tesco employees shop at Asda. Surely Q.E.D!
    stay lucky!
    Steve.
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 April 2011 at 11:14AM
    Options
    valiant wrote: »
    I went to the ASDA price guarantee website this morning at http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/ ready to input my receipt details and found that they seem to have withdrawn the '10% difference' element!

There was no notice of this and no mention on MSE, but they're still advertising the '10% difference' here http://your.asda.com/

Isn't this false advertising?

UPDATE: I just called ASDA and they say they're still doing the '10% difference' and that they'll get back to me. But it certainly looks like there's a bug in the system. Is anyone else having problems?

Yep. £15 of comparable shopping and tesco was 7p cheaper. I'd expect a voucher for £1.50 ish but they are offering 8p (the old difference plus a penny). Waiting on a call back...

JUST seen the TV advert promising to be 10% cheaper (as well as the adverts all over asda.com [and even on the price guarantee results page!]).

UPDATE:
    Well they say they do a 10% guarantee but there is a technical problem with the site.......which will be looked at on Monday.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    thepearce wrote: »
    UPDATE:
    Well they say they do a 10% guarantee but there is a technical problem with the site.......which will be looked at on Monday.
    Thanks, that explain it. My ASDA shop was only 1p cheaper so I was looking forward to a nice big voucher but it didn't offer me one at all.

I also notice if you click on the 10% flashing banner ad on the results page it errors. Hopefully just a temporary problem, but it would be better if they could put up a message saying so until they can fix it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport