A Complaint with Very.co.uk

Options
I ordered a sofa in Jan but due to a change in my circumstances cancelled it within a couple of days (you can cancel within 14 days anyway). The problem is 3 months on and after over 10 phone calls I still have it added to my account. The operators keep telling me it will be corrected but that department can't be contacted by phone? How do I complain to someone who may actually listen to me? The phone operators tell me there isn't a complaints department!
Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• mclmsn
    mclmsn Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Taken from the Very.co.uk website :)
    How do I make a complaint?
    We aim to provide quality goods and a first class service but recognise that, on occasion you may have cause for complaint.

If you wish to complain about any aspect of the service or goods we provide, you can either:

- Call us on 0844 811 8500
    - Complete the online complaint form
    - Write to us at Sandringham House, Sandringham Avenue, Chelmsford, CM92 1LQ
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    delbel wrote: »
    I ordered a sofa in Jan but due to a change in my circumstances cancelled it within a couple of days (you can cancel within 14 days anyway). The problem is 3 months on and after over 10 phone calls I still have it added to my account. The operators keep telling me it will be corrected but that department can't be contacted by phone? How do I complain to someone who may actually listen to me? The phone operators tell me there isn't a complaints department!
    Your help is appreciated.

Hi, :)

There's an earlier thread which has a reply from a Very company rep. in it, including a contact which may be of use:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3041754

HTH :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Very.co.uk_company_representative
    Very.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 143 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Delbel,

Free free to email your details into us [EMAIL="Network@VeryHQ.co.uk"]Network@VeryHQ.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we will be able to help with any issues you may have.

Many Thanks

Chris

Very Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Very.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Rachael2808
    Options
    I wish I had of read some reviews of very.co.uk before agreeing to open one of their accounts, worst decision I have ever made.

Ordered 5 personalised items from them, 2 of which arrived today with a '?' in place of where a ''' should be, after an email they phoned to say they would reduce it by 50p or refund it, only to then turn round and say that I had mistyped, 5 times in the exact same way. I disputed this with them but they simply said it was my problem and they weren't going to do anything about it! To make things better in the confirmation email sent it doesn't show what I have typed so I have no proof to dispute this. The company is a joke!! The customer service staff including the manager are no help at all!! To make things better the other 3 items im recieving are apparently mis-typed as well, even though I double checked all of this before sending they still declare it's my fault. I would advise anyone to stay away from them, none the less my account will be closed ASAP and i will never deal with them again!!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wish I had of read some reviews of very.co.uk before agreeing to open one of their accounts, worst decision I have ever made.

Ordered 5 personalised items from them, 2 of which arrived today with a '?' in place of where a ''' should be, after an email they phoned to say they would reduce it by 50p or refund it, only to then turn round and say that I had mistyped, 5 times in the exact same way. I disputed this with them but they simply said it was my problem and they weren't going to do anything about it! To make things better in the confirmation email sent it doesn't show what I have typed so I have no proof to dispute this. The company is a joke!! The customer service staff including the manager are no help at all!! To make things better the other 3 items im recieving are apparently mis-typed as well, even though I double checked all of this before sending they still declare it's my fault. I would advise anyone to stay away from them, none the less my account will be closed ASAP and i will never deal with them again!!
    Sorry, but what are you talking about?
    I genuinely do not understand.

Anyway, since you are not asking for help, this post should be on the Praise, Vents & Warnings board.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Sorry, but what are you talking about?
    I genuinely do not understand.

Anyway, since you are not asking for help, this post should be on the Praise, Vents & Warnings board.

I think what's happened is ops for example purchased an item with custom text on which has printed...

?Love Rachael?

rather than...

'love Rachael'
  • zombeana
    zombeana Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I think it may be that instead of for example Rachel's it reads Rachel?s

?
    Comping Since June 2016
    Wins:
    Trunki, Cranberry snacks, Astonish cleaning hamper, Organix kids box, Abode tap, Cath Kidston tea set and cook book, £300 Sainsburys voucher, £152 Clarins hamper, Foot care gift set, Aromatherapy associates body balm, tickets to Winter Wonderland Nutcracker on ice.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, I get it now... thanks. :D
  • Lifeforms
    Lifeforms Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Options
    To be fair, if it is an apostrophe then that is located right next to the question mark. If it is a quotation mark, then I struggle to see how that could happen.

Though to be fair mistakes usually happen with the @ sign over the ' (shift pressed etc)

Also did you retype, or copy and paste?
  • vinylnerd
    Options
    just to add to the other posts on this company, i have been trying since feb 2012 to get a faulty dining chair replaced, have been fobbed off with "inspections needed which may cost £45", and other blocking tactics to try and duck out of an item that needs replacing under the basic sale of goods act. their customer servce is rubbish, and thats putting it mildly. the account has now come up for the first payments, and to date i have refused to pay a penny until the item is replaced. naturally very have been their usual zealous self in informing me that i may incur a bad credit raing and all that crap for refusing to pay. meanwhile christmas dinner arrangements for six ruined, and the red top letters keep a comin'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure