A Complaint with Very.co.uk

Options

Comments

• Mevans71
    Options
    Bought a laptop advertised with £50 cashback,except this model was not included when I tried to reclaim it.very hung up on me twice basically saying tough luck i am still awaiting a call off one of their so called managers.disgusted that they think they can get away with false advertising .can anyone tell me where I stand?:mad:
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mevans71 wrote: »
    Bought a laptop advertised with £50 cashback,except this model was not included when I tried to reclaim it.very hung up on me twice basically saying tough luck i am still awaiting a call off one of their so called managers.disgusted that they think they can get away with false advertising .can anyone tell me where I stand?:mad:

Do you have a screenshot of the advert? Or any Ts&Cs?

If you have no proof, and Very won't give in, then there isn't really much you can do.
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2014 at 2:30PM
    Options
    corky110 wrote: »
    I purchased an ipad from VERY.CO.UK in september last year (2013) on buy now pay later, just recently I have received letters telling me I need to pay £4.23 so me thinking it was an error on there part I ignored the letters, Anyway just recently I came to check my credit on EXPERIAN which I do once a month, but this time I had'nt checked for about 3 months what with Christmas and all, Anyway when I did' I noticed I had 3 counts of late payments against my credit and they were from VERY this annoyed me so I gave them a call and asked why and the reply was I had not paid the delivery charge of the item I did try to see if they could see there way to taking this off my credit score to which the reply was I should have read the terms and conditions more thoroughly, now all this aside I will hold my hands up and say I should have rang as soon as I received the first letter but I still honestly thought it was a BUY NOW PAY LATER deal and they could have at least included the postage into the final bill instead of taking someones 100% credit clear from them for £4.23 What is this country coming to.
    PS. I will no longer buy from VERY, LITTLEWOODS, or any other online catalogue company again, this was my first and is now my last.:)

Words just fail me.

The red, bold highlights are to show you where you have admitted your own stupidity and contradicted yourself.

The last one is for.... Oh, I just don't know......

I would doubt that "VERY, LITTLEWOODS or any other online catalogue company" would let you use their services now anyway as you are a non paying credit risk.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Delivery would still be payable as thats not on BNPL
  • BizBet
    BizBet Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Does anybody have a phone number for HQ at Very.co.uk please?

I would detail why I need it but at the moment, minutes matter (and I'm on the phone to Very) and I am furious with Very.co.uk. I have emailed the NEtwork@VeryHQ account but really need to speak to someone at a higher level to get things moving.....

Can anyone help?
  • bird2014_2
    Options
    BizBet wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anybody have a phone number for HQ at Very.co.uk please?

I would detail why I need it but at the moment, minutes matter (and I'm on the phone to Very) and I am furious with Very.co.uk. I have emailed the NEtwork@VeryHQ account but really need to speak to someone at a higher level to get things moving.....

Can anyone help?
    They are owned by a company called 'Shop Direct Limited'...here is a contact number from the web site...Trying to get in touch with head office?
    Call our switchboard on 0844 292 1000.
    ....I am having huge problems with 'Littlewoods' at the moment and these are they guys I have had to contact....(dont hold your breath tho as these arnt much good...sorry to say!)....Good luck though.....Kx
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How incompetent, and incredibly awful is very!!!!!

I saw a ring on very, a 1 carat, 9carat white gold engagement ring priced at £2,400 but on sale for £1200. Supposed to be flying to lanzarote in a few weeks and want to surprise girlfriend by proposing while away. SI had an account with a £400 credit, so I went through the ordering process and selected buy now pay later. Order accepted. 24 hours later I check back, order rejected. I called. Rejected as only had £400 credit limit. Explained I selected BNPL, told couldn't have with only £400 limit, order cancelled. Tried again, selected pay now using debit card. Paid. Order accepted. check back next day, credit rejected. Called. Apparently they couldn't say why. Order cancelled. Then I get my debit card rejected at b&q, spend 45 minutes at till sorting out to find out, my banks fraud team had stopped my card due to an unrecognised payment of £1200. Called very back, they haven't any record if a payment being requested or order made!! Gave up. Got girlfriend to apply, she got £1500 credit limit given. Ordered ring using BNPL. Order accepred. checked Next day, credit rejected. Called very told was a high amount so credit check required (even though they obviously did a credit check to give a £1500 limit on her account as opposed to the £400 they gave me on my account!). Credit check completed. went back online and replaced order. order accepted. checked next day order disappeared, no record of order placed, tried to replace order to find ring no longer in sale but back on £2400. Called customer service and explained. Agent checked and agreed to reorder at same price. .order replaced over the phone by agent who checked stock, confirmed order completed and confirmed delivery date. Received order/delivery confirmation by email. Hurrah! Checked again tonight, 'free' offer item dispatched for delivery today (hadn't arrived as of 10pm), RING now states 'Sorry, no longer available'!!!!! Item no longer listed on site at any price. Called very told 'oh, sorry our supplier must have stopped making them'...........at no point in all this did I receive ANY notification at ANY time that ANY of these orders were rejected, stopped, cancelled or no longer available!! So now, my bank has £1200 'locked' till they receive notification from very or until it drops of after SEVEN days AND NO RING!!! How can an organisation like this treat customers like this!! My girlfriend is devastated!!! I HATE Very!!

loving the idea of an order being rejected because its £800 over your credit limit.
    what were they thinking :rotfl:
  • Bowes100
    Bowes100 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »
    They need the bill to prove costs. Because for all they know you could be scamming them. Ring the network and ask for an itemised sheet. They will supply it. I mean if giffgaff will. The big boys should.

SDG stock very few laptops. They ship direct from suppliers such as computer2000 and others. So the date will be a delivery aim.

As for the cordless phone, Again its stocked by a 3rd party. SDG will only stock a pile it high sell it cheap item. Such as their own line of clothing.

Not quite true, as I have also complained about phoning, they offered me £3.50 as I had pointed out that even banks give £5 without any questions.

I might add though I'm still waiting for the money to be credited to my account. My complaint has being going on since 18 December. I wont be using VERY again - there a waste of space and expensive!
  • ajh001
    ajh001 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I tried to order an item on-line with Argos for an item in their Christmas sale. However I couldn't complete the transaction as it was showing as Out of Stock, so I requested the e-mail for when it was back in stock and waited. After a couple of weeks I contacted customer services via their website for an ETA on new stock and received an e-mail stating that the product was now discontinued and they wouldn't be getting any more stock. I suggested they took this item off their website so other customers wouldn't be disappointed.
    Whilst browsing for a similar item to purchase today imagine my suprise to see the original item back on sale at full price! Not happy & becoming a bit of a MSE myself I contacted their customer services dept again by phone, spoke to a lovely chap who said he understood my frustration but he'd have to refer to a manager. As promised the manager called me back and they've now sold me the original item I wanted at the sale price saving me £800!! What a great result and what good customer service. 5* to Argos.:j
  • ajh001
    ajh001 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for posting on the incorrect Thread. My bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure