A Complaint with Very.co.uk

Options

Comments

• blizard
    Options
    Tried to order two laptops.

From start to finish the whole process has been shambolic.
    Day 1: Web site down.
    Day 2: Web site won't accept address. After hour of trying and an hour on the phone order placed.

Wait for two weeks then log on to site to find order rejected, they didn't contact me. Two hours on phone payment rejected. Try to reorder discount no longer works don't sell the laptop any more. Complain the times by email, ignored.

Spend hours on phone argue for the discount code to work eventually order 1 laptop.

6 weeks later, completely wrong laptop delivered. Have to wait 14 days for refund! Start new order from scratch, pay for again and fight for discount code.

Have to send letter of complaint as can't do online.

During the process I have spent hours on the phone at 10p per minute, told misinformation from everyone. All complaints have just been ignored.

I don't believe that I will ever get my refund. This one will end up in court.

Do not buy from very.co.uk Avoid, avoid, avoid

I see that this ability to send wrong items is "very" common with this company!
    I ordered the item "asus memo pad 10" from very. Sorry but as new user i cant post the link. I will apreciate if someone can.

And they sent an inferior tablet with no micro HDMI, no tegra 3 (has a cheap chinese alternative) and without a 5Mp camera (has a 2Mp camera).
    Be aware because their website at least for the last month advertises this item and they know they are not sending the correct tablet and they don't care.
    They first tried to push me to ASUS, that obviously refused the complaint so i eventually got Very to acknowledge the mistake.
    But, they will get the tablet back, refund (god knows when!) and they will not send the correct item! Meanwhile, the tablet continues on sale to deceive even more people!
    What company is this???
  • SallyEddis
    Options
    Im not surprised in the slightest, Very are extremely quick to add money to your account when you have paid late, but its funny how slow they are to remove it!!!!! i WIILL NOT BE SHOPPING WITH THEM AGAIN!!!
  • Charhoney
    Options
    Please help!

Hi recently ordered 4 items of a bedroom suite with very, 3 came ( 1 each day for the next 3 days?) checked order status of remaining item (wardrobe! So main one!) and it now says returned? Rang very to ask what was going on and they said maybe it was damaged in transit?
    Now said wardrobe is now out of stock! Other furniture was made from flat pack days ago after me ringing to check that missing wardrobe was on way to which they replied that wardrobe had been loaded onto van and would be with me at latest next working day!!!
    I now have half a bedroom set and am thoroughly annoyed!
    Really need to discuss this with someone higher up as everyone I have phoned have been unable to help me (which I understand)
    Telling me they will contact me when wardrobe is back in stock is no good!
    I have my clothes now in boxes as our old wardrobe was disposed of so we would have room to make the new one!
    Really unhappy please help me sort this!
  • noddysnowden
    Options
    I'm hoping someone can help me out here. To cut a long story short, my partner had issues in October of last year getting a laptop he'd ordered from Very.co.uk. He was given a delivery date which fit perfectly for his sister's birthday. Various calls were made to confirm delivery and it was confirmed. No surprises, having read the forum, that nothing turned up. We estimate that he spent around £60 in calls from his PAYG mobile to Very trying to get the laptop delivered. This went on for weeks and in the end, he cancelled the order. He was so fed up with empty promises and the generally appalling service he received that he's asked Very to refund the cost of all these fruitless calls, which seems reasonable enough.

Very refuse to refund the cost without an itemised list of the calls made, which of course we don't have because he was on PAYG at the time. They have our calls on record and having recorded them, they know the call duration, yet they are demanding a list that doesn't exist to authorise the refund.

Mails have gone backwards and forwards to customer services and in exasperation, last night he copied in the whole Executive Team at Shop Direct. Still they are asking for an itemised list of calls that doesn't exist! It's just one big brick wall.

Can anyone suggest how we can go about getting this money refunded? It's a lot of money to lose when we don't even have a laptop to show for it!

Thanks.
  • nniki
    Options
    We made the mistake and bought a fridge from Very.co.uk on the 30th of December, around 10:30 because ours broke down earlier that morning.

I made the order via phone just to make sure that they next day delivery will happen and since I was a new customer. I have tried to purchase the fridge but it failed since my payment hasn't gone through to my account so I had to call anyway.
    First issue: the 10% discount for first customer was not applied! I kept asking their representative to apply it but she told me that it was not possible since the fridge was on sale. BUT 2 hours ago I had applied it to the rejected order!Telling her so, she said that she couldnt do anything, she didn't know and asked me to contact the complaint department (?) and send an e-mail. As you may guess, I got upset so I requested to cancel my order but she stated that it was not possible since it was for Next Day delivery, even though she has just put it through. I sent the e-mail and still expecting a resolution.

The next day, on the 31st of December, the day of the delivery we received a call informing us that the fridge couldn't be delivered without any reason and told us that the earlier they can deliver was the 4th of January! We were just suggested to contact both Very and the supplier's customer care. Very couldn't help us at all, they just refunded the next day deliver charge and that was it! I requested a refund for the wasted food and the additional day off that I would need to take but they told me to send them a letter for a complaint?! At this point, I have to note that we were saving the food with packs of ice at our garden and they were absolutely fine up to late the night of the 31st of December.
    We finally found out through the supplier that this issue cause due to a "system error", we have given this update both via e-mail and post to Very and still expecting resolution as well.

I am still trying to sort these two issues out and I am determind to proceed further because the way they treat their customers is awful!

I will never buy anything from them again, I am afraid. The next time I will go to another company which will respect myself and my money!

Any advice on how to proceed will be much appreciated.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm still waiting on a delivery ordered on 26dec for a cordless phone....
  • SimonSays
    Options
    I'm hoping someone can help me out here. To cut a long story short, my partner had issues in October of last year getting a laptop he'd ordered from Very.co.uk. He was given a delivery date which fit perfectly for his sister's birthday. Various calls were made to confirm delivery and it was confirmed. No surprises, having read the forum, that nothing turned up. We estimate that he spent around £60 in calls from his PAYG mobile to Very trying to get the laptop delivered. This went on for weeks and in the end, he cancelled the order. He was so fed up with empty promises and the generally appalling service he received that he's asked Very to refund the cost of all these fruitless calls, which seems reasonable enough.

Very refuse to refund the cost without an itemised list of the calls made, which of course we don't have because he was on PAYG at the time. They have our calls on record and having recorded them, they know the call duration, yet they are demanding a list that doesn't exist to authorise the refund.

Mails have gone backwards and forwards to customer services and in exasperation, last night he copied in the whole Executive Team at Shop Direct. Still they are asking for an itemised list of calls that doesn't exist! It's just one big brick wall.

Can anyone suggest how we can go about getting this money refunded? It's a lot of money to lose when we don't even have a laptop to show for it!

Thanks.

They need the bill to prove costs. Because for all they know you could be scamming them. Ring the network and ask for an itemised sheet. They will supply it. I mean if giffgaff will. The big boys should.

SDG stock very few laptops. They ship direct from suppliers such as computer2000 and others. So the date will be a delivery aim.

As for the cordless phone, Again its stocked by a 3rd party. SDG will only stock a pile it high sell it cheap item. Such as their own line of clothing.
  • SimonSays
    Options
    nniki wrote: »
    We made the mistake and bought a fridge from Very.co.uk on the 30th of December, around 10:30 because ours broke down earlier that morning.

I made the order via phone just to make sure that they next day delivery will happen and since I was a new customer. I have tried to purchase the fridge but it failed since my payment hasn't gone through to my account so I had to call anyway.
    First issue: the 10% discount for first customer was not applied! I kept asking their representative to apply it but she told me that it was not possible since the fridge was on sale. BUT 2 hours ago I had applied it to the rejected order!Telling her so, she said that she couldnt do anything, she didn't know and asked me to contact the complaint department (?) and send an e-mail. As you may guess, I got upset so I requested to cancel my order but she stated that it was not possible since it was for Next Day delivery, even though she has just put it through. I sent the e-mail and still expecting a resolution.

The next day, on the 31st of December, the day of the delivery we received a call informing us that the fridge couldn't be delivered without any reason and told us that the earlier they can deliver was the 4th of January! We were just suggested to contact both Very and the supplier's customer care. Very couldn't help us at all, they just refunded the next day deliver charge and that was it! I requested a refund for the wasted food and the additional day off that I would need to take but they told me to send them a letter for a complaint?! At this point, I have to note that we were saving the food with packs of ice at our garden and they were absolutely fine up to late the night of the 31st of December.
    We finally found out through the supplier that this issue cause due to a "system error", we have given this update both via e-mail and post to Very and still expecting resolution as well.

I am still trying to sort these two issues out and I am determind to proceed further because the way they treat their customers is awful!

I will never buy anything from them again, I am afraid. The next time I will go to another company which will respect myself and my money!

Any advice on how to proceed will be much appreciated.

Are you a cash or credit customer? If its cash then theyre right your not entitled to 10% off your first credit order if your a credit customer then the way the system is setup, The first rejected order is classed as order 1 so those vouchers dont work on order 2 etc. Finance should have rang you if it was credit rejected to discuss and look to accept.

If they just plain rejected it. The process is, They charge you full price for order 2 then ask you to confirm by phone or email your keeping the goods once received and a manual adjustment made

What youve experienced is poor training. This is what you get when you outsource your whole customer care operation to serco.
  • corky110
    Options
    I purchased an ipad from VERY.CO.UK in september last year (2013) on buy now pay later, just recently I have received letters telling me I need to pay £4.23 so me thinking it was an error on there part I ignored the letters, Anyway just recently I came to check my credit on EXPERIAN which I do once a month, but this time I had'nt checked for about 3 months what with Christmas and all, Anyway when I did' I noticed I had 3 counts of late payments against my credit and they were from VERY this annoyed me so I gave them a call and asked why and the reply was I had not paid the delivery charge of the item I did try to see if they could see there way to taking this off my credit score to which the reply was I should have read the terms and conditions more thoroughly, now all this aside I will hold my hands up and say I should have rang as soon as I received the first letter but I still honestly thought it was a BUY NOW PAY LATER deal and they could have at least included the postage into the final bill instead of taking someones 100% credit clear from them for £4.23 What is this country coming to.
    PS. I will no longer buy from VERY, LITTLEWOODS, or any other online catalogue company again, this was my first and is now my last.:)
  • Slayerx
    Slayerx Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recently closed my Very account down surprising how quickly this was done.

Shame they deal with any of my complaints with the same speed.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport