The Slimming World "Countdown to Easter"

Options

Comments

• Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Options
    Primmer wrote: »
    Lil_me - how about a chapatti rather then a naan bread?

I'm a naan or nothing person hehe. Some things you just can't substitute lol, but thank you :)

I think today is going to look like this - green

lunch
    Pot Shot (1.5 syns)
    Weetabix and milk (HEA&B)

dinner
    Tandoori chicken starter (11 syns)
    Lamb rogan josh (23.5 syns)
    Boiled rice

So that's 36 syns.

Or I can go red -

lunch
    Pot Shot (8 syns)
    Weetabix and milk (HEA&B)

dinner
    Tandoori chicken starter (4.5 syns)
    Lamb rogan josh (6.5 syns)
    Boiled rice (20 syns)

So that would be 39 syns.

Although(!) syns online says that an average boiled rice portion is 300g and 20 syns vs an average pilau rice portion being 180g and only 14 syns on red. Is that really an average portion of boiled rice?? Would I be better getting the boiled rice and only eating half, or getting the pilau which should be a smaller portion?

(My devil just jumped on my shoulder and told me to start again tomorrow and have the naan bread. She also just told me there will be cake.....)
  • Lucy_Lastic
    Options
    Going back to the Cauliflower Cake recipe above - 180g of SR flour is 30 Syns, so if the cheese can be an HE then the cake divided by 6 would only be 5 Syns a piece. It is designed to be a main course item, so not bad.

If it would work with half the amount of flour (which would just make it more eggy I would think) then only 2 1/2 Syns a piece. Hmmmm, I may experiment - what do you think?
  • dizzyk
    dizzyk Posts: 4,101 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    The pampering sounds lovely dizzy. I've found that good hotels are OK for SW friendly breakfasts lately. In Paris recently, they had fresh graperfruit and orange segments plus the hot choices so (avoiding the bread and croissants) there was plenty to fill me up. Also, posh places tend not to serve huge portions at dinner so any naughties are kept to a minimum.

Oooh thanks for that :p I feel a little better now, just got to keep the naughty fairies out of the suitcase and stock up on willpower and I should be ok then ;)
    Im also thinking If I go minimal syn from thus to sun then I can have a few in reserve (sound like a plan??)
  • Skintslimmer
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Today I will be mostly hanging around my computer waiting for my tutor to post a message on college's website telling us if we've got some mare's reproductive tracts to dissect! :eek: Oh the joys!

If I do do it then I'll be on pure green days for quite some time afterwards - when we dissected a leg it took me nearly 6 months to come around to eating meat again! :o I have also been warned by several people that the smell from these particular organs is quite something - now bearing in mind I had to run out of the lab last time to get some fresh air with the reasonably non-smelly legs, this is potentially quite a big problem! :eek:

i'll go food shopping at some point, having finally realised that I'm not stuicking to plan because I haven't got much in that I actually want to eat or can make a meal out of. :o

RE coffee: do it slowly, 1 less cup per day. Substitute it for a decaff if possible, much easier on the old brain that way ;) and drink PLENTY of water - flushing stuff out is the best way to avoid withdrawl headaches IMHO :)
    Nothing tastes as good as riding a horse feels
  • dizzyk
    Options
    Right Ive decided on another RED day today

B Oatso simple Golden syrup HEB+1.5 syn 1/2 HEA milk. 1/2 HEA milk for teas. Strawberries

L Asda WM pitta HEB2 filled with tin tuna (get me on the yacky stuff again:T:rotfl:)onion & tblspn xtra light mayo 0.5 syn. 2 x satsuma

T (cottage pie) extra lean mince& onion topped with swede & carrot. spring greens. ww dessert yog.

syns
    choc Hi fi 6 white choc options drink 2.5 mayo 0.5 = 9
  • dizzyk
    Options
    Cheers for the rather graphic images I now have SKINT _pale_mmmmm???? im considering changing to a green day myself now :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
  • majjak
    majjak Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Bit late posting today, have had a busy morning !

I'm off out in a bit (job interview :eek:) so I'm just sitting with a cuppa and a HiFi bar having a bit of 'chill' time to gather my thoughts. It's quite strange how just a few lbs lost has made such a difference to my confidence levels. For once, I'm attending an interview and I don't feel fat and frumpy :j.

Today's menu (EE):

B - 28g shredded wheat bitesize (HEB) and Milk (HEA). Banana
    L - Fritata from yesterday (bacon, egg, courgette, pepper, onion, mushrooms), tomato ketchup (2 syns) Activia FF yoghurt
    D - Chicken drumsticks (skin removed ;)), SW chips, baked beans and coleslaw (SW recipe - 1 syn)

Snacks - HiFi Bar (6 syns), satsuma

Will have to go shopping again soon for some more fruit/veg, need a mortage to do SW sometimes I think ! :eek: :rotfl:
    Save £12K challenge 2015 # 173
    £0.00/£10,000
  • Dontknowanymore
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm baaaaaaack!!!!!!!!
    Anyone seen the tank? cos I reeeeaaaallllyyyy need to get back on it! :o

I have been invited to a party which I think is going to involve wearing a dress! so have 10 weeks to loose as much as poss, how much do you think is acheivable in that time?
    I'm going to spend the weekend cleaning and decluttering (lots of body magic) and planning the next weeks food, I know I can do this!
  • Skintslimmer
    Options
    dizzyk wrote: »
    Cheers for the rather graphic images I now have SKINT _pale_mmmmm???? im considering changing to a green day myself now :eek::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl: You DO know that the things I am dissecting don't appear in any food products, don't you?! ;)

Anyway, its ok, its cancelled. I can have steak and chips tonight in peace and so can you! :cool:

;)
    Nothing tastes as good as riding a horse feels
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps :wave:

just a quick post with todays eats, red day today.

Brekkie was two boiled eggs and 3 pieces of bacon with mushrooms.

Dinner was a yogurt and an apple

Tea will be paprika chicken which will probably be served with leeks and cauli.

Later if i`m hungry i shall be having tuna on toast, oh and i had a bag of quavers this morning so HEB 1&2 will be the tuna on toast and the quavers are 5 syns.

I`m running around like an idiot today as i`m at work and DH is away. I`m walking the woofaloes at least twice, sorting the housework and thats after a full shift at work - i shall be meeting myself coming back soon:rotfl:

Got a great neighbour who is sitting in with the doggies for a while over the next few days so that they don`t get lonely.

I have to get up at three thirty tomorrow morning to fit the doggies first walk in before work :eek:

Strangely i don`t feel hungry! Just tired.

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family