We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Thanks Froggy...got cashback on the insurance (mine anyway as it seemed that DH's was free with the holiday!!!!)

Couldn't get cashback on the parking as we went for NCP car parking - pity really. However, will be ordering currency through the post office which will give me a bit more...

Bank account looks much better now the money has gone in.

Went to Ludlow Food Festival yesterday and I was quite good really - only spent £20! (DH paid for us to get in).

Got some lovely smoked paprika and some dressings Lime, Coriander and something! and Lemon & Black Pepper that go great with fish and cheese I believe. Looking forward to trying them out. :o

Really can't wait for our hols - I know we went in July, but it really seems like ages ago and we did go to a wedding so we didn't have the week to ourselves. This one will be just us...:T
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Froggy...got cashback on the insurance (mine anyway as it seemed that DH's was free with the holiday!!!!)

Couldn't get cashback on the parking as we went for NCP car parking - pity really. However, will be ordering currency through the post office which will give me a bit more...

Bank account looks much better now the money has gone in.

Went to Ludlow Food Festival yesterday and I was quite good really - only spent £20! (DH paid for us to get in).

Got some lovely smoked paprika and some dressings Lime, Coriander and something! and Lemon & Black Pepper that go great with fish and cheese I believe. Looking forward to trying them out. :o

Really can't wait for our hols - I know we went in July, but it really seems like ages ago and we did go to a wedding so we didn't have the week to ourselves. This one will be just us...:T
    You can still get cashback for NCP if you register the card you'll be paying with on the Quidco website!!

Froggy :rotfl:
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Hi Froggy

Have registered my card, but not received any notification yet. But your post made me look on my quidco account and clicked on ncp 'get cashback' and my purchase has been recorded! Whoop! (and my cineworld cinema trip last night to see Cowboys & Aliens)

Thanks for the tip. :T
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    To Do List:

- [STRIKE]make OP on Friday[/STRIKE]
    - sort out savings accounts
    - freezer inventory
    - Christmas present and Birthday List
    - [STRIKE]September mealplans[/STRIKE]
    - [STRIKE]next weeks lunch plan[/STRIKE]
    - make broccolli and cauliflower soup this weekend
    - [STRIKE]use russian mustard greens in veg bag in chicken pasta planned for tues dinner[/STRIKE] they were horrible!
    - pickle the red cabbage that is currently sat in the fridge
    - plant cabbages and purple sprouting broccolli plants
    - order new ironing board

Haven't got much done on the list. Going to order the ironing board on Wednesday for collection Friday.

Have bought a couple of November birthday presents, but still haven't made a list!

Might have got myself into alot of work - going to view an allotment on Saturday morning! If I have it, we are going to share the work between three of us though.:o
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Haven't updated for a while.

Just been plodding through the month really.

Got a new guy started at work - its like he's trying to take over everything already...not really very happy with that.

Really looking forward to my holiday - 13 days and counting...

Allotment is all confirmed now and work has started. Found a good few new potatoes when I was digging a section yesterday and I think there will be quite a few more as there are about 3 more mounds to dig. We got some strawberries, raspberries and blackberrys off on Saturday too...

Not doing too bad on the budget, have overspent a bit, but should have a good OP this month, but it won't be £150 this time.
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Finally made the soup last night! Romanie Cauliflower (x2) and potato. Brought some for lunch today and there is plenty for another portion for lunch later in the week and a couple of portions for the freezer.

Quidco has nearly reached the £5 payout level - but my NCP and latest Post Office purchases haven't tracked?????

Need to claim back my dentist costs from Patients Aid £29. And need to pay my £25 of 50ps in the bank too - which I still haven't done from the start of the month.

Feeling down at the moment (even though holiday is coming up), can't seem to get myself motivated to do anything. Got to go and buy some stuff for holidays - hopefully get round to that tomorrow.
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Been very poor at keeping the old diary up to date. Have been so busy at work its unreal and I am looking forward to my holiday next week very much - just need to chill, life is far too stressful at the moment.

On the MFW front - going to make a payment of £100 this week - bit less than previous months, but still on target for the end of the year.

Quidco have confirmed £8.32 for next payout so that can go towards next payment.

Food bill should be less this month too, so hope to have a good top up on the next payment.

Going great guns with the allotment (had quite a bit of help), but its starting to take shape now and we are thinking that we might go for the 'most improved allotment prize' next year - if we carry on at this rate, I don't see why we shouldn't win it.
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Won £24.50 on the bonus ball at work :T

Will be upping my OP to £110! Going to treat myself with the rest.:)
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Going on hols tomorrow.

Catch up with you all when I get back.
    OP's to Date £8500

• Froggy-G
    Froggy-G Posts: 2,145 Forumite
    Options
    Going on hols tomorrow.

Catch up with you all when I get back.

Enjoy your well deserved holidays! :j
    Froggy's New Lillypad Fund
    Total so far: £ 10,009.77
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories