The Best Substitution Ever!

Options

Comments

• mwbrown
    mwbrown Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    on an online shop with tesco a few years ago, we ordered our normall shopping, and some fromage frais for our 8 month old baby.... guy arrived and said some items had been subsituted - most we were happy with but they sent Pepparami instead of fromage frais... needless to say they went back - dont think an 8 month old baby would have liked pepparami....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • comp-uter_guy
    Options
    svmitche wrote: »
    I read in our local paper that a chap asked for Matey bubble bath for his kids and was sent Mates condoms!

What amazed me was that he was shocked and offended and went to the local press when most people (as evidenced by this thread) would have laughed at it!

I read the same story but I think it was Durex lubricant instead of the condoms.
  • allyflo77
    Options
    My friend had ordered breast pads and was substituted with stretch mark cream!
  • rachelrhubarb
    Options
    I ordered Baileys from Tesco when it was on special offer before Xmas, I got sent a tin of creamy chicken sauce at 59p!!! Also, ordered green beans once, got a bunch of daffodils!!:)
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    well I've just had my shopping delivered and no substitutions at all :(

Its no fun when you get exactly what you ordered lol
  • Aldahbra
    Aldahbra Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a £1.99 pack of smoked mackerel and got £65.00 worth of beef in different cuts.

The driver told me of the error as soon as I opened the front door. I rejected the substitute and phoned Tesco immediately. The money had been taken from my account but would not be refunded for at least 3 days (5 days in practice) It took me over my overdraft limit and I got charged in excess of £60 by Halifax bank in total.
    If they had refunded the money immediately no charges would have been incurred and there would be no stain on my credit record.

Tesco’s did agree to pay the overdraft fees providing I sent in copies of my bank statements and charge letters I had received. Which I did. The person in the scanning room couldn't be bothered to scan them so the letters were ignored. Every two weeks for 4 months I phoned them asking for my money, each time I was promised it would be dealt with but it never was.

Six months after the event I eventually received my initial overdraft costs back. They promised me a £20 customer card for all my trouble and an email saying that I would be entitled to free delivery. Several phone calls later the £20 compensation card did turn up.

I never got the email offering me free delivery.
    "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
    ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
    Weight loss challenge:j: week 1 :(
    target 8lbs in 4 weeks
    Grocery Challenge June: £100/£500
    left to spend £400
    Declutter June: 0/100
    NSD 6 June/6 July: 0/2
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2011 at 5:29PM
    Options
    I put a Dr Who DVD on my Tesco order last summer that was on offer at £3 (one of the christmas specials) - they subbed and price matched it with the complete series three boxset - the kids were very happy :D

I never get good food subs though - in fact I rarely get the food subbed at all, just missed off - on various occassions there have apparently been no loo rolls, milk, cheese or baked beans of any brand to be found anywhere in the store. There have also been times when I've ordered to an offer (normally order the 10 item max), for just one item to be subbed - I think most of the time they do it to avoid having to price match.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • HateBanks
    HateBanks Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    On Tesco you can ask for no substitutions, but like a previous poster I enjoy seeing what they have subbed!
    We ordered 4 packs of 6 walkers crisps, 1 smokey bacon, 2 x salted and 1 salt and vinegar, as they were BOGOF and they sent 3 but subbed the ready salted with an own brand pack, hence voiding the BOGOF, the sense of these people eh?! :D
    BSC 343 - AD March 2012

:smileyhea Take just one day at a time, you never know what tomorrow will bring....Be Happy! :wave:
  • newkitchenfund
    Options
    Not an online substitution this , but a real one:
    I sent my other half out on Christmas Eve to pick up one or two last minute things for the big day, including crackers (there's always something you forget isn't there). When he returned he had bought everything on the list, but instead of Christmas crackers he had bought ... biscuits for cheese!
  • rapido
    rapido Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    juno wrote: »
    In a previous thread on here, someone ordered tampons and got a Twix.

Well, their slogan is "Twix fits".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport