The Best Substitution Ever!

Options

Comments

• the_painters_inn
    Options
    Reading this thread is really making me want to order some shopping online - I have never done it ! :)
    Oh no, not you again!:money:
  • svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    I read in our local paper that a chap asked for Matey bubble bath for his kids and was sent Mates condoms!

What amazed me was that he was shocked and offended and went to the local press when most people (as evidenced by this thread) would have laughed at it!
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • beingjdc
    beingjdc Posts: 1,680 Forumite
    Options
    Can't top most of those. I did once order a pack of frozen vegetarian sausages, and it got substituted with a pack of frozen chicken skewers. No, I don't know either.
    Hurrah, now I have more thankings than postings, cheers everyone!
  • aitchykate
    aitchykate Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered a cheese and tomato pizza and was sent a pepperoni pizza. This might seem OK but was part of an order that included vege burgers, vege sausages and vege mince and definitely no meat products.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I was bemused to find a tin of bean sprouts in my order - then realised that the brussel sprouts were missing :rotfl:
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Kazza1
    Kazza1 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered Ribena Toothkind and got Colgate Toothpaste!
  • minerva_windsong
    Options
    Middy wrote: »
    Ordered a bottle of lemon washing up liquid - get a bag of lemons!

That happened to one of my uni housemates but the other way round - she ordered lemon juice and got sent lemon bathroom cleaner!
    Mothership wrote: »
    A friend of mine ordered a dozen free range eggs and got a dozen Cadburys cream eggs, had to laugh at that one.

This wins.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • Father_Teds_mum
    Options
    We once ordered a bottle of Asda smart price whiskey and it was substituted with a large bottle of Bells. Thing is, it didn't show on the receipt so I queried it with the delivery man. He said it wasn't his problem, so just keep it. Bargain!! :)
  • Kittendreich
    Options
    My friend I was visiting had ordered a leg of lamb costing £8 from ASDA - they sent an apology they didn't have one big enough and had subbed the largest one they had - a massive £22 worth of lamb...they thought she wanted 8Lbs not £8! Told just to keep it so we had a large roast, millions of sandwiches, massive shepards pie, a curry and still loads left!
  • nikki1520
    nikki1520 Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered some Rhubarab once - think it was Asda. The packer had a bit of a think and substituted with both a rhubarb crumble and a rhubarb pie. As I was intending to make crumble, this was a result!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure