The Best Substitution Ever!

Options

Comments

• anniemf2508
    anniemf2508 Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Options
    i once ended up with an extra couple of bags of shopping than i ordered...6 cartons of grapefruit juice, 2 packs of croissants and 2 malt loaves. The bread products went down well but had no use for grapefruit juice :s
  • ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two christmas's ago we were going out for lunch so when I did my big christmas shop I ordered a small turkey breast joint to make the obligatory turkey sarnies, the driver turned up with a HUGE turkey crown as a substitution, I chopped it up and froze loads of it, gave some away, thought we wouldn't be eating turkey for days on end that year, how wrong was I!
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
  • Rockporkchop
    Options
    My best value one was when I ordered a bag of bombay mix (craving whilst pregnant) and they sent me a bottle of Bombay gin instead. Felt like a sick joke at the time!

Also recently I ordered a pack of baby swimming nappies (extra absorbent) and received a pack of extra absorbent sanitary towels instead.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One that just sprung to mind:

I have an eating disorder, several years ago when I used Tesco for my shopping I had the same eating disorder and was very fixated on eating the same thing every day. First meal of the day, breakfast was Tesco Value flakes. I was a student so had selected the cheapest brand to get stuck on to but with my order they had no stock and substituted with Kelloggs Special K!

- To anyone else this would have been perfect, to me it was as if they'd substuted it for hair and it went straight back!! I then started to state "no substitutions" on the bill. Resulting in a shop were 70% was out of stock so I stopped shopping online.
  • bertie200
    Options
    my funniest had to be 1 grape that I had delivered. I assumed that it was an error and had just fell into my bag somehow, but when I went through the Invoice they had subbed a carton of grape Juice with this 1 grape!

I couldn't believe that someone actually picked 1 grape off a bunch, put it in a bag weighed it and charged me 1p for it!

perhaps they thought I was on some extreme diet.
    bertie200

2011 - best wins - Coca-Cola Fridge, Galaxy Tablet, Kodak Printer, Roberts DAB Radio, £200 Voucher, John Lewis Hamper, Tassimo Coffee Machine :j:j
  • scholt
    scholt Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    I've not had any really whacky ones - I once got mushrooms instead of hummous...

Like a few others in the 6 years we've been getting home deliv we've sometimes ended up with a bag of someone elses shopping. I always ring Tesco to tell them, and they've always advised me to keep it.
    The best one being 2 meat feast pizzas and a case of lager the day some big football game was on - H was ecstatic as I'm veggie and not something he's likely to buy.
    on another occasion about 20 packets of pitta bread :undecided:undecided
  • GreenNinja
    Options
    What a great read, I have been giggling away to myself! :T
    Never done my food shopping on line before now but am seriously tempted to start after reading this thread!
  • SohoAnthem
    Options
    This thread has cracked me up!

The funniest I ever got was, asked for one loose onion and ended up with a bag of about 20. :eek: Didn't know what to do with them.
    I'm still driving away and I'm sorry everyday,
    I won't always love these selfish things.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Last time i did a shop with tesco online, I ended up with two boxes of birds eye battered fish fingers which I hadn't ordered or paid for. They were yummy!
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • misscoupon
    Options
    Ordered 1 pack of Healthy Living chicken breasts, 515g on offer at £3 and received 2 packs of Tesco basics chicken breasts, 576 g, worth £8. The lot was price matched at £3.

Very happy:j, though I'm not sure how they worked that one out!
    :grinheart It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future :grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure