We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Best Substitution Ever!

13567…20

Comments

  • Just after Christmas the online store at Tesco's had packs of mince pie design napkins for 10p each. I ordered four packs which were deleted from the order. As they were showing again the following week I tried again, guessing I was unlikely to get them as they were probably sold out. They were substituted for larger packs of larger sized plain cream napkins that would have cost about £1.25 a pack.

    As they were price matched I was quite pleased with four packs of napkins for 40p.
  • I emailed a friend a link to this thread, and she answered telling me of a substitute she got, she ordered a pack of Durex Extra safe and got three packs of Anadin EXTRA. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    excellent-and the condoms replaced with rubber gloves and a pair of scissors!!!
    lol!
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

    Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,847
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ordered three bags of frozen brussel spouts.

    Got three single brussel sprouts in a plastic bag.

    Apparently they had run out. Though not when I went to visit the store 20 minutes later.
  • It wasn't a substitution but one of the best things was a bag of someone else's meat. When I phoned and told customer services they said I could keep it. I finished up with about £10 worth of meat for nothing. I felt sorry for who-ever had ordered it though because they may have been relying on it for that nights meal.
  • anna_grant
    anna_grant Posts: 1,498
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Middy wrote: »
    Ordered a bottle of lemon washing up liquid - get a bag of lemons!

    I had a similar one - Jif (lemon juice) substituted by Cif (lemon fragranced bath cleaner).
    ¿Alguien ha visto a mi nave espacial?

    Biting is excellent. It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
  • wow i thought i was doing well when i ordered a value pudding and got a finest one instead lol
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    My fav recent one was ocado subbed some chicken peices for different chicken pieces - I told the driver I didn't wnat them as ahd a specific dish in mind, he deducted from the bill but told me to keep them as the can't restock chilled stuff - 2 packs of chicken thighs free!!
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Once ordered a el value cheapo whole chicken, but they subbed it with a freerange organic corn fed butter basted expensive chicken. It was delish......but not worth the extra £5 odds it would of cost me :p
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    Oh and I once had a few random "extra" items in my shop, cleanser, earbuds, simple face wipes, chinese takeaway style foil containers, processed cheese slices.....off the top of my head.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.